Cata Dungeons are zoom proof

If it is pre nerf, tanks will have to call out /mark CC every pull and people will have to know their Sheep, sap, hex ect.

15 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m looking forward to it. Actually needing to use my entire kit
plus all the people that don’t know what a CC is, or the tanks that take any CC as an insult to their ability to tank, it’s gonna be a real good time

7 Likes

Have you even played cataclysm? Tanks pack pull most of a damn dungeon and the group bombs it all down. Players will be saying, “what’s a cc?”

Edit: I’ve since made a thread for cataclysm. Dungeons are one of the points: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/a-better-way-to-do-cataclysm/1713384/1

Sounds like it’s time to visit an eye doctor, as I played it for a whole year in 2011 and leveled a row of characters in it. I know what I’m talking about.

See previous response. Furthermore, cataclysm WAS a nerf for all 1-60 dungeons. You don’t need to be “elite” to equip heirlooms and pull dozens of mobs at 1 time that do practically no damage.

8 Likes

Vortex Pinnacle, I think it was? Is gonna be fun with that mentality.

4 Likes

God willing the heroics are prenerf. I loved how hard they were at launch and if it’s prenerf that level of difficulty will 100% stop the speedruns that are wotlk dungeons.

8 Likes

Don’t get your hopes up. I would love if they started with pre-nerf dungeons but most likely they’ll start on the last raid patch. Without releasing all the raids at once of course.

People will out gear cata heroics and stack class with aoe cc real quick.
Unless they get H+ out early with the first raid I wouldn’t give much chances to cata heroics in term of challenge.

Players are way better than before and will use everything in the book to help them. Shouldn’t forget that cata has target dummies which are way stronger than before and everyone being eng with them can trivialize big pulls, those were used in Shadowlands season 1 when dungeons were considered “untankable”.

The challenge of cata heroics were with pugs, premades are still gonna roll on them.

1 Like

Gonna be honest, I’m not so sure about that anymore. I’ve seen some bad stuff, as recently as this morning

5 Likes

Not true. They were not AS faceroll as Wrath, but they were still easy. The “Cata heroics were hard” came from “Stupid DPS who kept breaking themselves upon his body”.

They weren’t that hard. It’s just that we were used to Wrath Heroics. By the end of Cata we were steamrolling Cata Heroics. I would just go nuts with aoe.

Of course now there will be Mythics, so it’ll just be the same toxic, gatekeeping mess that exists in Wrath Classic. Blizz can’t resist throwing this e-sport Retail trash into Classic.

4 Likes

The top of the playerbase is way better than before. The difference between the average player and the top has only become bigger as new players/worse players are still terrible.

1 Like

We didn’t then, we won’t this time. Garbage-tier DPS killed themselves on Ozruk all the time and cried on the forums about it.

2 Likes

Because they nerfed them
 lol

3 Likes

I don’t have any problem with the original difficulty of Cata Heroics. What we don’t need are more Mythics, like what infected Wrath Classic. Every tier a higher difficulty.

‘Oh no, players are getting more powerful relative to the content they’re doing. Can’t have that!!!’

All Blizz knows is this progression-negating e-sport garbage.

2 Likes

That’s all about blizzard trying to be all things for all people. People complained on the forums that original BC dungeons were too hard. So they made wrath dungeons easier. Then people complained wrath was too easy it was boring. So they made hard cata dungeons. Then people claimed they were too hard. They tried 2 modes, normal and heroic but still got complaints. They could never find a sweet spot between too hard and too easy. So blizzard followed the path of making early dungeons face roll laughably easy. Then making near infinite levels that got harder and harder and harder until they were so hard as to be practically undoable.

Talking pure history, I think some folks here played post-nerf or remember that the fish was this big. While players were filling out i346, crowd control was a big help.

With 4.3 mechanics, healing and threat will be less impeded. But we’ll see gating similar to H+.

2 Likes

Folks don’t remember how hard trash mobs hit tanks that were still gearing up, or how healers cannot heal folks to full in 1-2 quick heals due to how much less they heal for and how they would run OOM spamming big heals. Or how every trash mob does group-wide damage, and every casting mob has a big ability that has to be kicked. Or the experience of queueing into a group of randoms from dungeon finder that had never put Kick/CC ability on their action bars, if they had even trained it at all.

We’ll prob handle it better this time around because we’re better at the game now, but folks pretending it’s just a non-stop AoE-fest at low gear levels are truly delusional.

7 Likes

If there is one thing i am hopeful for for cata, it is pre nerf dungeons.

They make gammas look like a joke.

You had to CC pre nerf cata heroics.

Made them fun.

5 Likes

highly doubt it gammas are as hard and or harder then pre nerf cata dungeons.

standard wow player back then struggled to move out of fire. majority of people was still in blues and base epics let alone 5k+ gs not gonna be the same as it was.

It’s really is just a heal check.

Doesn’t really make a difference to DPS or tanks xD

As a healer main, I feel the pain. Trust me.

Overall, once you’re in Tier 11/12, they will get a lot easier. Same as it was with TBC heroics.
I remember face tanking Shattered Halls on my Prot pala in full Tier 4 just fine. And when I healed on my Rdru in T4, no tank ever died.