ICC BUFF needs to drop

anytime a question gets asked its gets dodged, here, let me try with you

why do you go to a boss, and you see it has a hard mode, and you turn that hard mode on and die, and then you come on the forums to complain about it instead of just turning it to normal?

1 Like

Don’t know who you are asking specifically, but I’ll answer it for you. Because the 264 ilvl loot doesn’t progress my character and in a game driven by gear progression, I’d prefer to do the option that progresses my character. Now hit me with your GATCHA it’s all about the loot.

I didn’t design the game. Would be different if I did, but since I can’t change it all I can do is ask for OG wotlk things. Like the buff.

EDIT: Thanks for responding kindly! I’d like to strikeout my comment about GATCHAs, but I guess wow forums don’t have strikeout, just so used to the hostility here.

well you are honest I respect that, the other pro-nerf people have been running in circles trying to answer that question, for some reason they really don’t want to say “its about character progression”

3 Likes

Hey chief, don’t use the buff and it might as well not exist.

So it’s not really about its impact on you. It’s about you can’t handle how others play the game. Also, your argument is that soo many players enjoy the challenge without the buff…yet you can’t find 24 other people to do it with you? :rofl:

1 Like

you didn’t answer the question, why can’t you just say you want the epics like noobiepriest did? obviously i found people who want to kill the bosses, i killed hlk on week 1

its just really weird that an adult like yourself who is so cool and hip can’t admit that he just wants the items on the game and has to dance around that fact all night long, the game is an mmo, its literally about character progression, idk why we have to do this dance about “the community seeing content” and such

3 Likes

Well, he doesn’t even play the game. He plays the forums and has over 10,000 posts just whining about all kinds of things across multiple characters. Contradicts himself, and lies about everything. Here’s one example:

The hypocrisy this guy displays is flabbergasting:

Please consider postponing it to at least Dec 12 so it’s at least 2 months since release.

1 Like

is he also the other guy? the dk? kelliste? or is he just cut from the same mold?

If you are upset over the buff then you are bad.

1 Like

Gm’s should check the account of every single person showing hate toward the incoming buff because it’s high likely all of them are selling raid items for real cash or selling it for gold then selling the gold for cash.

-There is zero reason to be mad over the buff being implemented when it will never effect your guild (since you can disable it)
-There is zero reason to be mad if other guilds will use it since this world of warcraft has tons of thousands and no point in being worried about what others are doing since it won’t effect you by any means.
UNLESS…
you run gdkp’s and sell gold for cash
you sell ticket and sell gold for cash
you must be Real money trader to be this mad about the incoming buff.

1 Like

Buff should drop at 30% in the last 3 months prior to Cata.

This is a massive mistake on the part of Blizz, in an expansion where I actually think most od their decisions have been solid.

1 Like

Its dropping at 5% and scaling up just like announced, you can get over it.

4 Likes

Ok thanks I’m still going to share my opinion about it on a public forum.

They do

< s > < /s > without the spaces

< stuff > can also be used to get around the /10char in posts (had to edit in spaces because my derp parsed epic and used invisible text as a bad? good? example of hidden text.)

Can do all sorts of ɟɟnʇs.

1 Like

I’ve said it’s the gear (character progression) and at times more interesting mechanics (Festergut has more things going on, for example) every time that question is asked.

Your character dead ends in normals (especially if you could do the previous tier’s hard modes), and the kills stop being satisfying quickly. If there was no better gear in hard modes, then people would largely be more fine just sticking to normal.

Since there is better gear, and that’s the only way to keep progressing the character, it’s nice to have a 4th difficulty option of “harder, but not bleeding edge” to achieve it.

I’m actually cool with the fact that the bleeding edge guilds had a head start. I just don’t think it should be the majority of a phase before the rest of the player base gets a more realistic shot at the bosses and gear. This goes double with the fact that if the best players want to have the original difficulty, it’s still there. They can even use the buff to speed clear their farm fights, then disable it for more progression time on ultra lich king.

I’d even be cool with limiting invincible to no buff like what happened in yogg 0. It’s an incentive, but not a character progression one. I don’t think that should be gated to a tiny % of players.

3 Likes

You’re free to turn off the buff until then.

i don’t think reducing rewards is a positive thing, i’d rather an extra tier token for 0% than less for 30, if someone kills HLK regardless of when they do it they should get invinceable, taking away a cosmetic mount is kinda mean + its kinda iconic while an extra tier token is fairly forgettable long term

That would also be fine. I don’t mind a small amount of extra loot for the no buff crowd.

My biggest issue is when it’s BETTER loot that’s limited like that. (The odd singular item here and there is fine though, even though I hated the distribution method, not getting a 50/50 cloak didn’t break anyone’s build or make character progression feel stalled)

To those that reply with “don’t turn off the buff then” seems to not understand that no one does that and no ones will either because there’s no rewards for doing so, it’s futile to suggest to turn the buff off. Boundaries have to be set by the dev otherwise no ones cares.

1 Like

Then you obviously don’t really care about the challenge and just want to control how other people play.

3 Likes