Cata Dungeons are zoom proof

People know they’re CC fests now so it’s going to suck even more for the classes with no good CC than it did originally.

So yeah that’s going to be terrible again.

that might have been true post nerf with raid gear, but that’s definitely not the case for pre-nerf heroics

3 Likes

You see a lot of bad stuff as a healer doing PUG gammas.
Still love RDF.

I am not…heroics are fun one or 2 times when they are new but 3 months down the road u just wanna zoom zoom

that sounds interesting. I made this char to help pve friends with attunes/heroics in tbc. Never had much reason to play him in wrath

What do you mean, most gamna are zoom proof we already have zoon proof dungeons in wrath right now and it will be a shame to see them gone if cata mandatory.

I dont look forward to getting absolutely deleted in stonecore by those big brutes again that are in the hall before break yourself upon my body dude.

Obvious you didn’t play Cata when it was released. Blizz had to nerf dungeons because “they were too hard”.

After the nerf, yes tanks pulled large packs and people just AOE’d everything.

4 Likes

This is what I remember, they revamped healing, and dubbed it triage healing.

Basically, you heal for a lot less (%) and run oom fast.

If memory serves (and it has been a hot minute) they came up w/the notion that people didn’t have to be 100% health and they also felt that healers needed to not waste their mana keeping them at 100% health, so they messed with the mana and heals on healers to change that. It was a bad idea to be honest.

I had totally forgotten about this until now.

There’s no way they release pre-nerf Cata heroics, no matter how much I want it. Post-nerf, I could literally solo them as an undergeared Blood DK and the only fun came from trying to get my party killed so I could force them to watch me spend 15 minutes killing the boss.

I spy with my little eye, someone who didn’t play cata at launch.

Cata dungeons at launch were the most evil dungeons blizzard ever created. Coming off of cupcake wrath turd dungeons that were built for children they created hellish dungeons. Packs with 2-3 targets that had “must CC” written all over them. 1 shot mechanics on almost every boss.

3 Likes

Won’t need to CC, but definitely won’t cleave 2-3 packs down.

Heroics are rough earlier on and all it means is harder heal checks. There are 2 crazy heal checks.

1. In Uldum dungeon with tornadoes guy. The one that knocks you off and you have to get back on. Insane constant AoE.
  2. First boss in the sky dungeon with tornadoes merging unmerging. That’s a touch one to heal too.

Rest is not bad.

It will be similar to TBC Heroics. Once you get into Tier 11, it will be like full Tier 5/6 TBC equivalent. Easy tank and spank.

Earlier healer power spike is pretty insane.

You’re not wrong. In Wrath, it’s fairly easy to keep everyone topped off and it was never a big deal to do extra few casts to top off last 2-3k. But in Cata, yeah.

Earlier on fights will last longer and tanks will take quite a bit of damage. I mentioned 2 huge AoE fights above. As Rdru main, tit will be crucial for group to stack on my Efflorescence. xD

But once you get to Tier 11, healing and tanking gets a lot better. The power spike from preraid to Tier 11 is pretty huge. A lot more than in Wrath from preraid to T7 or in TBC from preraid to T4.

1 Like

Have you? Because that’s not how prenerf dungeons went. Even for the most elite players.

2 Likes

Ah yes, like all the CC that was used in TBC Heroics…

oh wait

MOLTEN CORE IS GONNA BE SO HAR-

NO JUST YOU WAIT UNTIL BW-

NONO, AQ IS TOTALLY DIFFICULT YOU GU-

NAX! NAX IS THE REAL GUILBR-

OK NO, TBC IS TOTALLY GONNA BE HARD AND YOU GUYS AREN’T RE-

etc etc etc

2 Likes

I’m hoping Cata is just as hard as the first go around. That’s largely why so many people quit Cata the first time around, but nowadays everyone is a sweatlord so it should be fun.

Lol sure it is, i will never understand why bad players think having to use CC makes a dunegon difficult.

At launch Cata heroics were tough. I remember my guild group being shocked by Grim Batol during the early days when we were all fresh and gearing.

Hopefully we get those pre nerf heroics like we got pre nerf Ulduar.

But even then it won’t be as difficult as back in the day.

For one we’ll be operating on the final Cata patch where all the specs are as tuned as they’re going to get.

In original Tier 11 some specs were just outright broken, in the bad way, which made things harder.

Besides that the dungeons are a known quantity now and the playerbase, broadly, is more skilled now then it was then.

Is that really all it means tho?
What about contributions to dmg mitigation, not just on yourself, but as a group?
ie… interrupts, stun locks, pre-pull CC, yikes doing mechanics even.

Increased difficulty doesn’t necessarily mean you have to lean on your healer that much harder.
By that logic, the whole game is a heal check.
That’s the problem I see in gammas ATM, people don’t utilize their class, can hardly be bothered to move out of frost in Utgarde ffs. Is that a heal check too?

2 Likes

Use of mitigation and CC is meant to part of the game. An average classic andy freezes in fear when things go crazy in Gamma dungeons.

Yes, the whole game is a heal check. That’s the idea. Always has been. It just gets more and more obvious as expansions advance.

Your tank and DPS can be absolute BIS and will still die without healer.

As a former M+ healer main, all these things really come down to healer. If healer can manage it, everyone is happy. DPS and beefy tanks are important too, and they play key role in all this of course, but at the end, it comes down to healer to keep them all alive.

First boss in The Vortex Pinnacle dungeon is a massive heal check. At least it was and so it was on pservers as well. Sure, a druid can use Barkskin…or mage can use iceblock for 10 seconds…but then mage will die. But there is nothing else to interrupt. Yes, of course, you have to do the mechanics DUH. But then it all comes down to healer to keep everyone alive.