Can't transfer due to mail, but I don't have any mail

I need help with this as well, Blizzard. My character, that I’m posting this on, is unable to use the Free Transfer service on Classic WoW. The system states I have to clear my mailbox. I have no incoming mail that I know of and no recent auctions. Please assist me ASAP so I can attend raid with my guild who has already transferred.

You want to contact a GM.

3 Likes

Thank you, but I already submitted a ticket. There is no chat or phone option to contact Blizz support at this time, so I guess I am at the mercy of wait times. This was my last attempt to find someone able to assist me. (Normally I’d just sit on my hands and wait, but when your guild is going on without you, you may understand some of the anxiety)

As noted, completing certain quests will trigger the game to send your character follow up mail from the NPC. Usually a note or a gift, etc… It’s common for some quests in the Plaguelands as well as STV (A Bijou for Zanzu).

The mail is usually delivered within 24-48 hours after completing the quest. A Game Master may be able to clear it for you, deleting the mail and its contents, but with current queue times of approximately 3 days, you likely be able to retrieve the mail yourself before a GM can do it for you.

2 Likes

It should be noted that this is not a chat or phone contact issue. Those are specifically for technical, purchase and account access related matters.

Completely understandable. I’m not aware of any approaching deadline for using the character moves, so you should hopefully have time.

2 Likes

I appreciate the info. Is there any way you have to contact a GM to get this resolved so I am able to raid with my guild tomorrow evening - or is this out of the question?

1 Like

As much as I would like to, Liliana, it would be unfair to anyone else who is also waiting. If it were as simple as coming here to ask this forum would be flooded with such requests, making it impossible to do anything else. I hope you can understand. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You’re right. Thank you.

3 Likes

Hello again. Free transfers closed down as of 20 mins ago. I am now stranded without my guild on the previous realm. Is there any assistance, now, for this issue?

If you still have your ticket open, then you might want to amend it to include that the free transfers ended and ask if there’s anything that can be done.

As mentioned before, the Blues here are not GMs and really aren’t able to bypass the ticket system.

2 Likes

Thank you. That would be a possible idea, but I am concerned that amending any ticket would result in 3 more days of wait time. Perhaps I can simply explain to the GM if/when they ever get to me about the issue.

Editing the content of a ticket shouldn’t have any effect on its place in the queue. Waiting until the ticket is responded to, however, will involve another couple days’ wait to get back to it.

I wouldn’t recommend waiting, personally. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It won’t :wink: You’ll keep your place in line.

Unfortunately, unless the GM has reason to contact you regarding your ticket, they will likely just address it without contacting you (other than replying to the ticket).

1 Like

Thank you both. Perhaps this is smart. I will try.

Editing doesn’t adjust where your ticket is in queue, you are safe to do so. Sorry to hear about the trouble, but hopefully they’ll be able to help.

2 Likes

I am getting the mail error keeping me from transfer I have done a lot of reading and waiting still gives me the mail error? Any help would be greatly appreciated

You’ll want to wait for the mail to show up. Then you’ll be able to transfer. Be sure to check if you have anyone on ignore who might have sent mail and you can delete that.

Otherwise, mail will show up faster than putting in a ticket right now :wink:

2 Likes

Thats just It I am not expecting any mail lol. But if its possible for someone to see if there is mail coming it would put me at ease and ill just wait it out.

There’s quests in WPL and from Zul’Gurub that have the NPC involved send you a mail 24-48 hours after turning in the quest. Those have been blocking transfers in Classic.

3 Likes

yep lame long time to get npc email thanks =/ got transferred all is good now

1 Like