Can we please have worgen tails now?

Awesome! I really do hope they add it soon. I been playing worgen ever since I joined WoW. When people were asking for new and better models worgen tails were up there with them.

Has Blizzard given you any updates on worgen tails? I don’t mean to clutter, I’m just very excited and wish to know!

1 Like

No news yet I’m afraid though I am remaining optimistic about it. Blizzard did mention something about Gilneas that’s going to be further down the line which has almost all the worgen players I know extremely excited. I think, if anything, worgen will get a little more love for whenever that will happen. We just have to have patience and see.

3 Likes

All worgens should have tales. Long tales, short tales, tall tales, funny tales.

I mean they are my favorite genre of steampunk meets Van Helsing

:ocean: :wolf: :ocean: :wolf:

1 Like

Why would I respect someone for being lazy? Probably does not even play this game like everyone else anti tail.
(And I am not joking about that last part, inspect everyone’s profiles who are against tails, weirdest thing)

2 Likes

I genuinely think there’s like ten of you

Thats why I didn’t even respond to them, lol. I thought they were joking.

High Elf, Void Elf, and Blood Elf customizations have been far more in demand. By thousands of post more in demand. Each and ever one of these topics separately have more demand than worgen tails by a longshot.

These amount to…
41,220 total post asking for High Elves.

And they were given what they wanted, and likely even more. That is good.

Ion said around five years ago High Elves would never be playable.
In Shadowlands they explicitly state they were making new High Elf Customization, but only for NPCs.
The outcry was so great, they Ion and the rest of his team admitted they were giving these High Elf options to the playerbase.

But 14k post, a quarter of it opposition to the idea of worgen tails is too much pressure on developers. These guys are at best joking, or at worst just being dishonest.

1 Like

This is what I was hoping their heritage armor would look like instead of what we got.

What we got:

No ‘real argument’ needed. Give Worgen tails is all that needs to be said.

If Blizzard doesn’t take notice, nothing will have changed. If they do, I will come back to remind you.

They don’t need one. Just like Pandaren don’t need a reason why black and white pandaren can have tails when they never could before.

1 Like

Careful, you are giving them opposition to their opinion. They might accuse you of being emotional, or contributing to the echo chamber for disagree with them.

On a honest note, its really strange that whenever you offer counterpoints to some of these guys. They just just plug their ears and don’t actually engage with the other parties are saying.

You offer a debate: They ignore your rebuttals and say you are emotional.

You offer examples of things being given because they were requested: They ignore it, and say: “Blizzard never listens to the fans!”

They say: “No.” And nothing else. And when you respond with an equally curt: “Give Worgen tails.” They say you have no argument.

The brainrot is insane.

1 Like

Literature says both. So, both it is.

Not an artist decision, actually. The original concept art had tails.

1 Like

There is a set of lycanthropy (i think i spelled that wrong) that has a tail. It’s more connected to the wolf side. Some werewolves turn into full on wolves too in older folklore.

Wolf man is more connected to the human side of things. There’s a scale essentially. There are some that can transform without the moon as well. Least from my understanding.

The model is already rigged for a tail. Argument invalid… NEXT!

Oh so being passionate about a customization option is derangement. LOL silly little gnome guess you never read any of the High Elf posts… NEXT

Book author who simply writes stories is not a dev. I know its a heart break but go look at Hearthstone and youll see plenty of art with Worgen having tails. They look better with it and we are asking for it to be optional anyway… NEXT

Lightforged Warlocks… Everything you said is now null and void thanks to that addition. So let Worgen have optional tails its not going to kill you and if it dose well that seems to be a personal issue that we cant do much about.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/status/1266444241258950656
I can’t post the interview, or the rest of the links because I’m still new to the forums. These people in opposition desperately grab at straws to try to justify such weak arguments against worgen tails. Usually outright making stuff up.

Cool, another topic I can express this observation in.

Worgen getting tails doesn’t really compare to the elf meltdowns, tails on a anthropomorphic wolf race makes as much sense as elves having long pointed ears.
It really was just alot of noise from people that couldn’t get over that the elves they wanted on the “good guy” faction were already on the “bad guy” faction.

Since the rig already has a skeleton and animations for a tail, it would take just as much, or even less effort than given orcs straight backs.

Ah, so this boils down to being the first category in my first quote (I dont want it so no one can)

No explanation is necessary, same as orcs getting their straight back option or night elves getting night warrior customisations, since there is no lore stating that worgen are unable to have tails, a wolf like feature just like fangs, claws and fur, once they are afflicted with the worgen curse.

Cause there really isn’t any “real argument” against Worgen tails apart from it being true that they are currently absent, but if thats what you want to use as an argument then no one should ask for any more extended customisation on any race.

You quoted it earlier, but we all know the actual argument against worgen tail naysayers, and all roads to not wanting people to have nice things is ‘Ew furries’.

It’s genuinely the only reason people are frothing at the mouth at the concept. It’ll make some furries happy and we can’t allow THAT to happen!

1 Like

I don’t speak for everyone, but the amount of furry stuff being added to the game made me quit retail. That, and the overwhelming focus on elves, and bad lore, and convoluted design.

I like humanoid races, orcs, demons, even gnomes and goblins.

Vulpera, piss me off. They’ve got basically no backstory (compared to the other races, it’s just a caravan) and they look like little goblin-fursonas.

At least other furry races kinda “fit in” with the lore, they were monstrous or gritty, not cute and fluffy “UwU” bait.

Drack-theer were just the nail in the coffin for me.

They’re never gonna look like they thematically fit in, and they’re here to stay. It’s a visual mess.

Anyway I’m posting because I have a Worgen, I have him in human form at all times and worgen form in combat.

Don’t like tails, don’t want them, they’re for the furry crowd (who have already recieved too much lately in WoW since BfA) and that’s basically it.

I feel like DF was “made for” those folks. At the dismay of everyone else.

I’ve been called “not a real worgen” because of my stance.

As if werewolves are real, lmao.

Have you ever considered worgen not having tails is a feature?

Give worgen tails.

1 Like

I don’t play a worgen but…please give them optional tails to make all the worgen players happy! I don’t see why not.

Also it would be cute like real canines. I’m happy they updated the models to be more wolf-like and got rid of the silly perma-snarl.

Oh look whos back from their 3 day… Was it good for you Chespin? It sure was nice for us… anyway. We want optional Worgen tails and you can not stop us from asking about it. Now run along before you find yourself on another 3 day break.

Hence why we ask for it to be optional. If you want to keep your Worgen looking like they do now, great! For those who would like an optional tail they can then choose to have it. Which is also great it makes both sides happy. More choices will always be better and the less stuff forced on people is also for the better in the long run.