Can we please have worgen tails now?

Yes, another forum post about worgen tails. I understand this may be tiresome for some, and I empathize with their frustrations. However, I believe this discussion is brought up often due to a genuine desire of a large portion of the worgen playerbase to have this option. If anything, I encourage the dialogue as a person who has been playing worgen for most of my time on WoW.

Here is some of the arguments against worgen tails, and my rebuttals to why worgen should have tails:

Older models of worgen do not have tails present. Worgen having tails now could be considered inconsistent.

I disagree with this notion. Yes, worgen did not have them on their original models, but this isnā€™t enough reason to rule out entirely.

The original worgen lore for those models had been made mute, replaced with the concept of the Pack Form; A corrupted druidic transformation that mutates the afflicted individual into an humanoid wolf entity.

Because of the corrupted nature of this druid form, this can be justification for a healthy amount of variation between different worgen. Druid forms vary wildly between races, and individuals. Sometimes to extreme degrees, such as the werebear forms gained from the Druid Mage Tower. A tail, which logically would come from the Goldrinn aspects of the curse could easily be added.

The worgen are based upon European werewolves, which in some of their designs do not have tails. Due to this, they believe worgen having tails hurts the werewolf aesthetic.

Yes, but equally many original European depictions have tails as well. The initial design of these creatures differentiate greatly depending on the folklore which they are references from. Stories of men who would turn into true wolves for years upon a time, others who were not much more than hairy, feral men.

There was a story that I found very interesting; A trial were a man claimed he supposedly turned into a wolf to fight of satanic forces.

There is many cases of European folktales, many not being the most consistent. This isnā€™t justification to disallow tails for worgen. Again, in many of these stories they do indeed have tails.

And lastly, there is a belief among some that worgen would lose their fierce aesthetic.

This is not the case. If anything, it would add to it. Worgen look very off balance without tails, especially the males. When entering their running wild state this becomes even more apparent for female. This bestial and primal nature of the worgen is eroded by the comedic way the female behinds are arched upwards towards the air. Worgen do not have a fierce aesthetic, and they arguably never did. Their humanoid roars on the females whos voices remained in a chain smoker state for ten or more years now. By adding a tail we can remove the comedy aspect somewhat, and finally make them look more proportional.

22 Likes

They need tails.

20 Likes

They should have squirrel tails.

3 Likes

Give worgen tails.

10 Likes

Iā€™m all for more options but honestlyā€¦ after some of the different posts folks have made over the years, in particular from one specific ex-community member once they heard about Dracthyrā€™s joke-emotes ā€¦

I think the game benefits more from worgens not having tails regardless of however awesome it would be, because its actually hilarious how desperate people behave in this regard
But for real I think adding it as a customization option at this point would just be logical, even if Iā€™m pretty sure there would be some rather interesting effects relating to transmog to 'em (which makes it kinda unlikely to happen sadly)

They need them as soon as possible. All the arguments against tails do not hold up when placed under any scrutiny. And the goal post shift constantly. And in the end it usually amounts to: ā€œBu-Bu-But F-Furries!!! :scream:ā€

4 Likes

Counter argument: they gave the elves blue eyes thanks to community outcry.

3 Likes

I ainā€™t even sure why this is such a hassle. Pandaren have tails. Vulpera have tails. Tauren have tails.

Itā€™s puzzling the most dog-like race out of the bunch ainā€™t even got the option.

9 Likes

More options behond skin tone in general really. Tails as an option is the big one since it be the most notable, but things like jewelry, ear types, disconnecting fur pattern and scars from fur color so theyre more like other races, nail options, some non-stormwind human options; all of it would be good.

We got a couple new fur patterns since the revamp but they still havent given a good all black one.

3 Likes

Strongly agree with this. More ear types, scars, and fur colors would be awesome. We have a lot now thankfully, which I think is awesome.

Nail options would be huge, and especially an option for males to have straight backs. Orcs shouldnā€™t be the only race allowed to visit a doctor about their posture.

1 Like

Worgen are werewolves, not shapeshifting dogs, they donā€™t have tails or need them. Read the literature and movies

3 Likes

The game benefits from having more options to be honest. I understand there are some bad eggs out there but that is why those of us who want the tail to be an optional choice. That way if you want a tail you can have it or if you want a monkey butt you can have that as well. Its the best of both worlds and leaves it up to the player to know what choice they want. Ironically the tail is the most simple thing to add as the bones for the animations already exist on the model.

Whatever hamburger. Your opinion is noted and utterly laughed at then ignored. One day if you play a Worgen you might have a say in this. Until then you have no say over what we want for the race we pay to play. Have a good one.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s an awful lot of literature and media about werewolves. Some have tails, some donā€™t.

You canā€™t just use one source and be like ā€˜well they didnā€™t have them ergoā€™.

Itā€™s an option folks want, and I donā€™t think itā€™s a stretch. More customization is better.

1 Like

Werewolves are also able to teleport between dreams and astral project themselves or holy warriors bless by god made to kill witches.

Werewolf lore is all overplace with no real canon if you dont limit yourself to the last 100 years of western media.

1 Like

Counter-counter argument: That portion wasnā€™t a ā€œrealā€ suggestion, ergo why I said ā€œBut for realā€

1 Like

Its as if you didnā€™t read what was typed previously.

So many movies and literature have werewolves with tails, arguably more have tails than donā€™t.
If you are having this much trouble wrapping your head around the reality the wolf man isnā€™t the only medium out there, no one can help you.

Didnt they give em purple eyes as well due to a bug that caused the color change?

I have no idea

Donā€™t quote me on that but I thought one of the elf races got purple eyes due to the color bugging out and people liked the option of that color choice so they tossed it in game.

Tails should have worgens

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

3 Likes