BUG: still NOT FIXED - Dismissed pets keep reappearing

Bugged action “Dismiss” pet: I have noticed since last week’s patch that every time I dismiss my warlock pets, they reappear when I dismount, take a portal/taxi.

What’s going on? This has not been an issue for me until this last patch (week ago). All weekend I’ve had to constantly dismiss my void walker or imp because they don’t stay dismissed when I tell them to go away.

Not working as intended…please fix this. I’ve already submitted an in-game bug report but its getting to be a PITA…

If you give us the ability to dismiss a pet, they need to stay dismissed until we summon them.

18 Likes

Confirmed. Fix it, please

1 Like

There appears to be issues for all pet classes on this. I noticed that Mages and some hunters are experiencing this as well.

Please fix this problem. We have the ability to dismiss our pets, but for some reason that function is now broken.

Adding my name to the bugged list had it happen to me earlier wanted to tame Loque dismiised my pet like a good hunter does saw him landed went to tame all of a sudden my pet I knew was dismissed killed it.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue with my hunter pet. If I dismiss it, then mount, when I dismount/portal/taxi/enter combat they reappear. Very annoying!

I had the same thing happen with Sambas :frowning:

I am having the same experience on my Hunter and Lock. Very frustrating.

Bumping because its still happening. I thought it would be fixed in the recent maintenance patch but it has not been.

Bliz please fix this annoying bug.

1 Like

Now that this is a known bug, can I suggest a workaround?

Put your pet on passive before dismissing. That way, even if he reapawns during the tame, at least he won’t attack your tame target. I hope. (I suppose this bug could theoretically cause the pet to resummon in Assist or Defensive mode. Which would rise to new levels of borked.)

All my hunter alts have this same issue of re-summoned pets after dismissing since the new patch also.

This is really becoming an issue. I am getting tired of my pets constantly reappearing AFTER I dismiss them

Bliz…fix this issue.

Confirmed on my hunters. Fix please.

Same for me. I lost a great chance to tame a spirit beast but my pets appeared and killed it. They were suppose to be dismissed. If I dismiss them they should stay dismissed.
Please fix this. A lot of players are having this problem.

1 Like

This Bugged Pet issue is becoming a major problem. I dismissed my pet and did the Tortollan Cycle of Life quest only to have my pet immediately respawn and stay in the frame while I attempted to do this quest.

Getting in the way…when pets are dismissed…they NEED TO STAY DISMISSED.

Fix this problem.

I’m having this issue as well. happens every time i dismount. only way i can prevent it from happening is taking the Lonely Winter talent.

Come on Blizzard fix this issue with our pets…it shouldn’t take this long to fix…

1 Like

Just noticed this happening on my pet, and a warlock in chat noted it happening for their pets.

Why is this not fixed yet, we’ve had bug fixes recently haven’t we?

I’ve not seen any response from the Community Managers nor have I seen any notification from Bliz that they are even looking into this problem.

I have started to bug report it IN-GAME every time I have it happen on my pet toons. Perhaps if they receive enough of those in-game bug reports of the same thing, they will finally do something about it.

2 Likes

Noticed this after the 8.1.5 patch went live and submitted an in-game bug report. I agree, it’s annoying as i like to go demon-free while in town.

1 Like

This has become very annoying , was taming terropene yesterday , dismissed pet , flew to location , started tame , pet reappears killed terropene .

3 Likes