Pets resummoning themselves

At least for locks and hunters, they’re constantly reappearing about a minute after dismissing them or dismounting.

There’s already a “master” thread going on about this bug. Dupe threads are advised against.

Thanks Sparx for that posting. I actually did submit a ticket for that issue since I did not see anything that seemed to be addressing that problem. The GM actually suggested folks do exactly what you are suggesting here… add to the Bug report thread so they can follow it.

Apparently it is known and they are trying to find a fix. I did ask about why its taking so long and here is the GM’s answer, if anyone is interested.

Agecmor
Hey xxxxxx,

This is Game Master Agecmor. I just got the chance to read over the case here in regards ot the issues with the bug still not being addressed about pets being resummoned and not being able to dismiss them.

So truth be told, just because an issue appears to occur after a patch, does not mean that the patch itself is what caused the bug to occur. Sometimes in a game as big as WoW, things becoming active or being introduced to the game can cause unintended effects to occur. With how many different interactions and things that need to be upkept in the game, it’s nearly impossible to remove all of the bugs.

Sometimes a fix that has absolutely nothing to do with something else ends up breaking that very specific thing that was not even a part of the original bug they intended to fix.

I’m not a developer though, so i’m not going to pretend like I fully understand the nuances of solving bugs or the exact inner workings of why it takes more time sometimes, but I have personally seen bugs so complicated and potentially damaging that they do take quite some time to be able to come up with the right fix that doesn’t end up breaking anything else. I’ve seen bugs resolved the next day, and other bugs take months to finally replicate and resolve.

So while I do understand that these kinds of bugs can be quite the hindrance, I hope this helps clarify why sometimes bugs aren’t something that can simply be reverted or adjusted. Rolling back an entire patch could have quite an adverse affect on the live game, especially if that patch added new features to the game.

But above all else, we do appreciate your time taken to help get this reported in any avenues you could, as well as helping to show where the best places to report bugs are.

Take care, and best of luck to you. o/

My guess would be that they tried to rectify the issue of pets disappearing when you fly/portal by making them automatically re summon on arrival but neglected to add a condition of them being summoned before travel.