Blizzard created its own server problems without Dungeon Finder

This is pretty on character for you. Go log in to the game. look for the rdf button. Why am i crying in your imagination again? The technical term for this is Projection

I’m not what I am telling you is that if you wanted occulus all you had to do was requeue and since you were at the top of the queue you would refill the group quickly.

If you weren’t doing that it’s on you.

You guys see what we have to deal with here on the daily. Believe it or not some of us came here to find a good compromise because we see the issues with the game. And then i end up jaded and stick around get an enjoyment for antagonizing the people who act like the posters above me :frowning:

Thanks for the good convo guys

And im telling you, thats not how it worked out, even as a tank (paladin tank) in original wrath.

I don’t understand this arguement … i mean are ALL the tanks and healers in that 1% ???

Yeah alot of people didnt want to do this one unless they had a group that understood how to do it. Its not hard at all its just picky and people dont want picky they want to mindlessly press 1 button. I personally loved it /shrug

then dont cry about too many people on your server

That completely defeats the purpose of the game then….

oh i understand! im not on their forums advocating for it to change

Tallent trees? why every one just copies what wowhead tells them to do and has the exact same builds. Iv been playing since vanilla, rotations got better in retail, talent trees may have mattered back in vanilla but every one has the exact same build now so NEXT. RDF was not in at launch.

RDF wasn’t in at launch. But it was in eventually.

So if this your case you want it added when it was put in? Or is this just the desperate grasp at something that is a self defeating point.

1 Like

yea 5 or 6 of you, wouldn’t be upset to see you go

1 Like

thats fine if people want it to be exactly as it was then go for it exactly as it was, however they arent, they are trying to “fix” things and one of the biggest things to fix is the addiction meta that burns every one out and turns them into the husks that rage at every one for delaying their next hit of euphoria from brain chemicals. People build a tolerance to those chemicals and become extra critical of every little thing. The entire world is heading towards that, with social media ect, we can all recognize that this is exactly whats happening if we realize it about ourselves. So look deep, do you really need to get your next hit so fast that you cant form a group to go hunt it and need it layed out in front of you? if the answer is yes, maybe you are addicted and need to stop.

INB4 “I CAN STOP WHEN I WANT TO!”

No matter what they do it will. Either willingly sooner or when the folks that are running it after they hit the adult transfer portal (linkedin) to find another job. Because what they got unrolling right now is a total disaster.

1. A ridiculous ban wave they had to knee jerk on.
  2. Legendary que times.
  3. Replacing systems that worked (RDF) with ones that are really bad (this new LFD tool)
1 Like

That’s the raid loggers mind set. The hard core min/maxxers. They have this mistaken idea that they’re the best so everyone must be doing it exactly like they are. Personally I think they treat it like a job and not like a game to have fun playing. That’s not how most people play. Most people have alts that never raid and use something different than the raid spec. For example my priest has a mostly holy heals build with some points to up the power of smite. A hard core raid guild would require I move those dps points into heals but without dual spec I need the heals for dungeons but still need a little dps boost for questing and farming. Or on alts that don’t raid I’ll put less points in dots since I kill things so quick the dots never tick fully and waste mana. I don’t even use shadow word pain when farming or questing because when it doesn’t tick fully it’s no longer mana efficient and I end up drinking too much.

What you don’t seem to get is for many players leveling alts and doing dungeons is a huge part of the end game. I’ll raid log on my main and just play it one, maybe two days a week. the other 5 days I’ll be playing my alts questing and doing dungeons. That’s one reason many players want the rdf.

4 Likes

I suspect everyone enjoys a good dungeon finger from time to time.

RDF was a huge reason why the original WOTLK was as popular as it was. It had no place in vanilla or TBC, but it absolutely has a place in WOTLK and WOTLK without RDF isn’t WOTLK, it’s some cater project where Blizzard tries to appease people like you instead of making a faithful reproduction of what was.

5 Likes

RDF absolutely should be in the game, and should be fully cross realm. If blizzard wants people to leave the highest population servers there needs to be incentives and guarantees that these people can still access groupmaking that isn’t compromised by server population. cross realm RDF does that for them.

5 Likes

This is the problem about Blizzard balancing anything with classic. They fail to realize any of the ripple effects their changes might have. They just want to change things with no substantial thought behind it but because of some dumb reason like it matches their holy “four pillars”.

4 Likes

Both sides of the coin can be toxic, this happens in Classic aswell while it being manually formed, lets not pretend that the classic community is some perfect community.

Telling someone to go play retail is a bad arguement, please refer back to this post.

Some fact checking…

Ninja looting happened all the way back in Vanilla, it wasn’t an RDF thing.

Toxicity will still happen regardless if its manually formed or not.

6 Likes