Beta/Stress Test: Read Before Posting

EDIT WITH UPDATED BLUE POST INFO. Thank you to Eloraell for posting it in here.
Stress Test Details – June 19

Just a little information packet for everyone to help clear confusion before they make 4000 threads about it.

Tomorrow is an OPEN stress test. Pretty much everyone is able to participate. Downloading started early today. If you don’t have any options to download, your battle.net launcher should do an update, then restart it and in your regions dropdown you should have the option to download World of Warcraft Classic under where it says LIVE. Once it downloads and installs you should be able to open it and see a long server list, all inactive until tomorrow.

There can also be another option in the dropdown that says Beta: World of Warcraft Classic. This does not mean you have beta. It’s the client they were using for both beta and stress test, but they created a new one specifically for stress testing and separated them from the beta client. The Beta client play button will be grayed out if you don’t have Beta. Blizzard keeps this launcher here so that you can more easily uninstall the beta client.

It is advised to keep the World of Warcraft Classic client, the one under live, as this could likely be the client and platform used when the game launches. Keep it pre-downloaded and updated!

– Added: If you do not have a sub it’s unsure on whether you’re going to be able to play or not. The best advice I can give is to monitor the forums tomorrow when the stress test starts. If people start posting about getting into the servers, and you’re unable to, then it would be the subscription requirement.

tldr because apparently this is too long: Update launcher. Restart Launcher. Check Region Drop down. Beta: World of Warcraft Classic might show up. If button is gray. You don’t have beta. Here so you can uninstall beta client. Under LIVE there is World of Warcraft Classic. This is stress test for everyone. Starts tomorrow. Download it. Install it. Doneso. – How’d I do? :stuck_out_tongue:

29 Likes

Clear well informed post. Very detailed. Yup. It will go over most heads. Good try though. Lol. Have some love.

9 Likes

Patiently Waits For Normal Troll Responses

“Mine says Classic BETA! does that mean i have BETA”

“I wont give blizzard any of my hard earned money for these streamers to just play my game”

“Hash Tag No Changes! Stress Tests were not classic wow! give me betah!”

1 Like

Most people don’t read before they post a new thread anyways, was worth a shot though!

1 Like

Some former stress test participant already posted that in the Beta forum.

“Where’s a blue post spoon feeding me what I want to hear!”

1 Like

exactly what I needed. thank you for creating this post. this is my first stress test.

2 Likes

You guys forgot-“I played blizz games since Diablo. I’ve made my kids starve so I could buy mtx. I am entitled to beta. Not these virtual panhandlers called streamers. Blizz is forgetting their true loyal fans. This is why I’ve been unsubbed since they destroyed Vanilla with TBC”.

Nah, they just devolved into

“Fine, its Blizzard getting our hopes up before dashing them again”

instead of:

"I have no justification for my expectation.

1 Like

Chills just from the opening music. August can’t get here soon enough.

3 Likes

" I for one have been subbed since 04’ and have never unsubbed once. I have WoW tattoos on my back and ive gone through 5 wives due to their lack of healing in my raids. Why havent i gotten BETA yet…"

Begins To Watch Twitch Streams

“Stupid Streamer Beta”

6 Likes

Thanks Alexès, so excited.

1 Like

to long is there a TLDR?

You’re welcome! And likewise, I can’t wait. And stress test even is a blast, so I’m excited just for tomorrow :slight_smile:

TLDR:

1. Update your launcher.
  2. Select World of Warcraft Classic in the first drop down.
  3. Install the client.
  4. Wait until Tomorrow.
6 Likes

I personally don’t think it’s that long for the information to be clear, but sure. I added a tldr at the bottom of my OP.

I’m really excited for it too. I totally lost track of the date and thought it was tonight. There’s a lot more servers than I thought there would be, a very reassuring sign.

I spent most of the past month thinking THIS ONE was the one on the 18th and that July’s was on the 19th… So when I realized this… Even though it’s only a difference of one day… It still hurt, which is pretty sad. If it were tonight I’d be on it right now, dang it. Alas… 24 hours from now we will all be happy campers. I do worry that they’re making far too many servers for it if they want to simulate launch night. There are a ton of people that don’t care about helping / stress testing / etc, so it’s going to be a much smaller population to spread between so many servers. It’ll be a poor reflection of launch conditions, but we’ll see how it goes. Just hope they get enough valuable data in it.

This needs to be stickied.

1 Like

Advice: The fact you can’t login does not mean you didn’t participate in the stress test.

2 Likes

OP: Some clarification, isn’t it only available to those with active subscriptions, not everyone? I’m not active right now, but can still login and see the realm list. However, I expect with this update that I won’t be able to actually get into game tomorrow—just like on the live client where I can get to the character list but no further.

Just making sure I understand their intent.