Does it tell u if stress or real beta?

I have both beta and the stress test clients installed and that’s what I see.

In your World of Warcraft folder do you have a _classic_ folder or a _classic_beta_ folder

I don’t think this is true because I see Beta: World of Warcraft Classic, but it’s grayed out. Someone suggested that it’s there solely so you can uninstall the client easily.

both, _classic_ and _classic_beta, but that’s probably since I was in the first stress test right?

well :frowning: atleast I’ll be able to play for 48 hours

I’m thinking the BDA is getting confused as to which client is actually installed.

First off what version is showing for you when you right click the Blizzard logo in the BDA launcher and go Settings ?

MVP, you are actually very wrong. The Beta Classic client is there for pretty much everyone. BLizzard already said they are leaving it there so people can uninstall the beta client. You can know if you have real beta by whether or not the beta client’s play button is grayed out or active.

If anyone has any further questions about any of this, I have a data thread posted with tldr and link to BLizzard’s blue post with what we know currently. Hope it helps.

+1. We hit the over, people!!! :partying_face:

Not completely true. I had an alpha invite for BfA, but my spam filter caught it, didn’t know it until sometime into beta.

No-one needs the email to tell. :stuck_out_tongue:

The big active “PLAY” button, on the Beta client is a hint.

If you were in the first stress test, you’re seeing the beta option because the beta client is still installed. Your option to play it is greyed out because you are not in the closed beta. As per a blue post in the beta forums, they made is visible to you so you could more easily uninstall it if you wanted to.

Thanx for that :+1:

There aren’t bells and whistles going off telling people when there is a new blue post.

I get a notification in my Windows Notifications for every new topic in this forum. What aren’t you doing?

True. If you’re looking for it, it’d be hard to miss.

I don’t allow notifications on any website. And I saw the blue post. Just not everyone comes here as often as we do.

Sure, that’s your choice. It doesn’t mean everyone else does the same.

What are you talking about? I wasn’t talking about myself. I see the blue posts. I’m starting to think you avoid reading context clues on purpose.

And I pointed out that for many people there are bells and whistles going off.

Me? You’re the one reading the context as yourself while I’m talking about everyone else.

That’s because you were in the previous stress test. You don’t have beta. Just uninstall it.

1 Like

If you have the old stress test beta client installed just uninstall it. After that the new classic install option will pop up after closing and reopening the Blizz launcher that everyone has access to. If you’re like me and this was bugging you a little this will let you know for sure you aren’t actually in the beta and the launcher was just getting confused.

You probably don’t have to do this as the stress test client (under the development section) will likely activate on stress test day and let you play anyway.