Stress Test Details – June 19

I think they’re trying to accommodate as many people as possible to increase the activity of it. A lot of people have certain types of servers that they always play, and will feel more drawn to it. Some people only play RP servers, because they don’t want the risk of world PvP. Or if people want to be on a server where they can create both a Horde and an Alliance character without server hopping, or if people want world PvP.

Question…if we previously downloaded the client for the beta/stress test, do we need to download the ‘live’ client?

Yes. It is a separate download now. The other one has been renamed Beta: Classic WoW. So they’re separated, we’re not using the beta client to stress test anymore. You can only use the beta client if you get into Beta, otherwise the play button is deactivated. They keep the client there so you can uninstall beta.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

You, like others, are missing the point entirely. It is not about RPing on the RPPVP server during the stress, but rather it being a way to show the demand for the server type. There is literally nothing to lose.

4 Likes

You’re welcome :slight_smile: If anyone has any questions that the blue post in here doesn’t answer, I made a thread with all the info we currently know.

As long as each version is in the same directory they share assets. I only had to download just over 400mb.

1 Like

Yeah just did it, same.

I thought the same thing. It would be a good gauge for interest. However, imagine it was listed, the community takes that as confirmation and blizz decides there wasnt enouph interest and removes it

The forums would crash

So right now there’s one RP option in the list of servers that’s showing up.

Why not put in a RP-PvP option as well?

As was said above, it’d allow Blizzard to see just how many people are interested in that server option, given that RP-PvP is the only server type Blizzard is on the record as saying they don’t want to put in because they believe there’s a lack of interest in it.

Ya know, Blizzard also spent a long time saying there was a lack of interest in Classic, but here we are. Still hoping that we get at least one RP-PvP server on launch day in August!

3 Likes

Will the settings and keybinds we set tomorrow on the “Live classic” save for when it launches in August? Need to save those 30 minutes for efficiency on launch.

I agree with everyone here. This is a perfect opportunity to gauge the interest of an RP-PVP server. That said, I’ll be playing on a random PvP server, hoping that I get the most chaotic experience.

1 Like

I just wish we could get any up to date communication from Blizzard on the subject. The last we heard was that they didn’t think there was enough people who wanted that option, but that was three months ago, and I’d like to think since then we’ve made a lot of noise showing that the RP-PvP community is worth at least one server.

3 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think that’s a good idea - using this to test demand, and I doubt that’s what they’re doing. They’d be better off posting a poll to see the demand for it. A vast majority in the stress test are going PvP for the chance of chaos and being able to attack the other faction should we choose to. So of course PvP in the stress test will be stacked with more demand than it realistically would.

Zomg! Organization! Beyond hyped now! Almost feels like we’re in this together. You just made this even more exciting!

2 Likes

I wonder how they are going about measuring interest. Based on live?

Classic and live are two completely different games and communities for the most part. So where are they getting their info?

2 Likes

Though what I’m dreading is the trolling and unrelated complaining and arguments that are going to happen in the thread … It’s going to be a nightmare, let’s be real. We see the threads in this forum every day. They’d be well-served to limit everyone to only be able to post one time in the thread. After that you can only edit your post to add additional thoughts/experiences with it.

1 Like

While I’m not personally interested in a RPPVP realm, you have a good point. It does seem quite a few people want this and this would be a good time for them to gauge interest since Ion doesn’t seem to think the interest is high enough to warrant having at least one of them.

2 Likes

I still disagree that this is not a good way to accurately gauge interest in it. It’s not a permanent realm, all characters will be erased, so no one is going to pick their realm in the stress test based off of the longevity. They’re going to pick what they feel will be the most exciting for a short duration, not longterm. I agree they need to do a dedicated poll to gauge interest in it. A ‘select which you would play’ list.

If there are four PvP servers and one RP-PvP server tomorrow, I’d say that most of the people not interested in RP will naturally migrate to the straight PvP servers.

The whole reason we’ve been advocating so hard for at least one RP-PvP server on launch day in August is because then the PvPers can go to the PvP servers, the RPers can go to the RP servers, and the RP-PvPers can go to the RP-PvP server.

If they end up releasing an RP-PvP server down the road a few weeks/months into Classic, we’re just going to end up with a bunch of straight PvPers migrating to it solely because it’s a ‘new server’, not because of RP-PvP.

Maybe they aren’t testing demand with this test, but given those of us who have been advocating for RP-PvP for the last three months have done so without any current response, I think many of us are a little desperate to show Blizzard that we do have a presence and we do deserve an RP-PvP server.

6 Likes