Beta access just stripped, old ticket about having 2 PTRs

Hey there. I was trying to log in on the client when I noticed my account was getting the old “disconnected” pop up. I alt tabbed, went to my launcher, and decided it might be best for me to use the drop-down selection just in case this would fix it.

Welp, to my discovery, the drop-down for Classic WoW was now gone, and I got an email from the ticket I had open with a GM saying they “stripped the PTR accounts listed.”

As much as I appreciate GMs doing their job, I feel like I just got absolutely destroyed by accident. I opened the same ticket back up, hoping to get this resolved.

Ok so you had a ticket queued up to remove the extra ptr? Well welcome to the club, we removed our ptr with live chat in hope for a fix and lost our beta access instead.

I have the email just in case its needed, as well as the ticket still open that has the whole situation going down. I’m just super bummed right now, saw the tab gone on my launcher and blinked a few times to make sure I was seeing right.

Unfortunately, the Test account looks very much like a PTR account. They should be able to help get it straightened out though. Please either reopen your previous ticket or open a new one and a Game Master will look into your request as soon as they can.

3 Likes

I made sure to just reopen the ticket. I’m just always super anxious, so this has thrown me into a whirlwind, and I don’t even play warrior.

Hoping I can get this all figured out, I’m guessing its another waiting game of a day or so for a response? I’d imagine the team is super busy.

2 Likes

this has thrown me into a whirlwind, and I don’t even play warrior.

Came here to check for info because I’m having the same problem, and you made me smile. :slight_smile:

I had 2 ptrs showing up so I had them removed from my account to wtf is that all about

In short, if you got invited to the stress test but had 2 PTR accounts, you were not correctly flagged. Anyone who proactively called customer support to have one or two of these PTR accounts removed did not get access. Those who did nothing got access, because the devs ran a script that checked for those who were flagged that had 2 PTR accounts, automatically removed one, and added the stress test account. They did not do anything for those who contacted CS to have one or two removed. The PTR/Beta/Stress accounts all show up as a PTR account in your account management page–it doesn’t say beta or stress test, and since the PTR accounts are capped at 2, anyone with 2 did not have the capacity to receive the extra account.

If you actually had the beta test and asked CS to remove your PTR accounts, they are not able to distinguish between live PTR accounts and beta/stress flags. If it was removed, you should contact support to have them look into it, but I don’t think CS will be able to restore the account–they’ll have to ask a dev to do it.

The whole beta/stress showing up as a PTR account is a huge mess.

4 Likes

yea it is and I had both my ptrs removed wtf man

Perfectly summed up our issue.

My wife and I are in the same boat, unfortunately.

this sucks a lot on phone with them now tryin to figure this out

I’ve been informed CS does have the ability to restore deleted PTR accounts, so that should be an option for you. They won’t know, however, which one is a live PTR and which one was the beta.