Stress Test Access Removed Early Bug?

I’m a little late posting this because I had an issue preventing me from posting on the forums until now.

I was invited to the stress test and was able to login and level a character to 5 on the initial launch of the servers. However, before I was able to see the Stress Test option on my Blizzard Launcher I had proactively submitted a ticket to have my 2nd PTR account removed from my launcher because I had read that it could cause an issue, preventing the Stress Test/Beta option from appearing. After the 2nd PTR account was removed lo and behold, the stress test option was now visible.

However, the next day, several hours before the stated 6pm PDT time that the servers would go down, the Beta/StressTest option had disappeared from my launcher and I was no longer able to log in or even make it to the server selection screen. From what I have seen and read there may be others who experienced this issue and I know for a fact that others were still able to access the Stress Test server after the option had disappeared for me. Was this intentional? I read another forum post ( Beta access just stripped, old ticket about having 2 PTRs - #3 by Laen-moon-guard ) in which a Blue Post suggested that we open a ticket about this issue, however I did that exact thing and was told that “As far as the stress test invite goes, customer support does not have the ability to add that back on. You will need to be re-invited by the developers to be able to participate in future beta/stress test activities.” The GM then suggested that I make a post on the forums about this issue. So that is what I am now doing.

Obviously I’m not too bent out of shape about all this because it’s just a stress test but it seems like it could be a bug or something preventing people from accessing the Stress Test when they should actually be able to, which could impact the numbers Blizzard sees when the Stress Test actually occurs so I figured it would be worth posting about.

Cheers.

Bump because I am extremely curious about this and would love to see some feedback.

Bump again :slight_smile: Fishing for Blue Response

Bump… did you get the right kind of bait? I hear those blue posts are finicky.

1 Like

Bump… I’m using a nice sharp cheddar cheese as bait since that’s how I caught my first fish as a child.

1 Like

Bump for interest

Mmmmm sharp cheddar cheese.

I still have stress test access…

Are you sure you didn’t do something after logging in that was actionable?

Absolutely positive

That’s really odd then.

I’d suggest opening a ticket in the customer support forums.

Well… I did and they told me they didn’t have any authority on the matter. The quote in my original post is part of what they said in response and they suggested I make a forum post.

Oof.

Well, I dunno what to tell you other than Blizzard really needs to re-think how it handles this stuff.

Yeah idk… since the option doesn’t even appear in my launcher anymore I’m afraid come the next stress test that I won’t have access.

We’ll see. Maybe a CM will take note of this and let someone know.

Bump, still looking for any info on this.

Bump cause this is intriguing and any chance at seeing some blue texted clarification is awesome for the community imho.

They said they are rerunning the stress test on the 29th and everyone who had been invited originally will be invited again.

I understand, but everyone else seems to have the Stress Test option still appear on their launcher even after the test had ended. Mine however has been removed.

Yes, well you can stop sockpuppeting in this thread, you would be more likely to get a response in the one I linked.

If you were originally supposed to get an invite you will be invited again.

Not really sure what you mean by “sockpuppeting”. And I am simply doing what support suggested I do after opening a ticket. If you are somehow bothered by my post might I suggest you keep scrolling and simply ignore it?