AV Cave Rez situation

Except it’s not an excuse :slight_smile: It’s literally a known map issue that was addressed in retail.

But I guess if all complaints are automatically just excuses blizzard should also revert the changes to premades, since really shouldn’t horde just git gud and try harder if they want to win?

1 Like

Changed literally because of the new win condition. Your revisionist crap is really tiresome.

1 Like

No it was changed when horde started playing scorched earth.

If what’s happening now had been happening in vanilla it would have been fixed then.

2 Likes

Ziryus fought so hard for this version of Alterac Valley. So very hard. 1.12 man worst patch of vanilla. We tried to warn him.

2 Likes

Once again:
2007 called. It want’s it’s “it’s teh map” excuse back.

https://www.engadget.com/2007-06-12-why-does-the-horde-always-lose-alterac-valley.html

Basically, the Horde says that the Alterac Valley map favors Alliance, since Horde have to make it past the bridge chokepoint and the Stormpike graveyard is more secluded and defended than Frostwolf. The Alliance, on the other hand, blame the Horde’s perennial losses on AFK people, a defeatist attitude, and a lack of defense, and note that Horde seemingly has no problems steamrolling Alliance in WSG and AB. In response, the Horde has issued a challenge for Blizzard to flip the AV map and see if the Horde’s win-loss ratio doesn’t turn around.

2018 weighed in:
https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2451759-What-side-was-alterac-valley-or-PVP-in-general-biased-towards

1 Like

No joke, I could make a post stating that in my experience that the alliance have a high amount of turnover in AV games and it would appear as though the horde have very little if any and the forum contrarians would be telling the us all that 5x the amount of horde /afk out of AV.

1 Like

Except an earlier version would not have been any better :slight_smile:

It has the same issues and does not bring back the epic days long battles some people believe it would.

Yep and horde didn’t have nearly as bad of a win rate then as alliance do now, so yeah not really a good comparison.

And oh yeah, horde with 2 towers burned + balinda + lts dead are getting a lot more than alliance stuck north of SHGY the entire game.

1 Like

Weird. Can you link a few threads where the complaint is “sCoRcHeD eArF” in Korrak’s Revenge?

also you:

Nope because both sides were playing zerg strats for the most part. Which guess what if they were doing in classic there wouldn’t be complaints about scorched earth either.

Ah, I see. Then it is not the map. Now what could it be? :thinking:

1 Like

I really don’t know how this guy can keep arguing. you got your map Ziryus. you won!!! just learn to be happy. You wanted 1.12 AV for consistency and now you want TBC AV.

If you were arguing about reopening the backdoors to the bases or something consistent with 1.12 AV you might have some credibility.

2 Likes

Then it is not the “same problems” we are seeing in classic 1.12 AV.

Horde were not playing scorched earth. So it’s both a player and a map problem.

If horde stopped playing scorched earth in classic that would be an equally acceptable solution. That however is not something blizzard can fix, they can fix the map. A fix they actually did put in place.

Oh I would be fine with blizzard rolling back all the changes they’ve made to AV including the premade changes.

That would be consistent. But if blizzard is going to listen when horde complain about their issue it’s highly hypocritical to not listen when alliance raise their own legitimate issue.

1 Like

So you are saying that by virtue of player mentality, 1.12 that we have is suffering from “sCoRcHeD eArF”, while Korrak’s Revenge did not… because ~reasons~
DESPITE that many if not most players in classic came from retail… yet the 2 AVs are magically played differently.

Many of us warned blizzard that 1.12 AV would be a zerg race.
You swooped in as often as you could to deny that it would happen, and if it would… how did you put it? Oh yeah:

1.12 AV in classic instantly became a zerg race for months.
Horde decided to take the zyrius advice:

Zerg races stopped.
Zyrius now swoops in at every opportunity , to bemoan “sCoRcHeD eArF” and “tEh mAp!”

2 Likes

And while I know you don’t understand this there are options besides Zerg and scorched earth. If AV was being played as i experienced it on my battlegroup I wouldn’t have an issue and it wouldn’t be scorched earth or zerg.

If it was being played the way it was on my battlegroup, Alliance wouldn’t roll over and quit just as soon as SHGY was taken. It would be at least another 30 minutes to clear that bridge. Can’t have it both ways Ziryus. Scorched earth happens because Alliance let it happen.

2 Likes

Oh yeah that’s right, you claimed that 1.12 would not be a race scenario. But wait…

In before “bUt yOu dO nOt uNdErStAnD SuBsEtS!”

1 Like

Sure and they’ll do that when it’s a once in awhile thing. When every game comes down to alliance trapped north of SHGY alliance will give up on it. And as always turtling DB is not a winning strat and if you have no objectives south as alliance you’ve still been scorched earth regardless of whether it took 10 minutes from when SHGY fell or 45 minutes.