[AMD] Missing character textures after 9.0

It’s fixed on PTR, should go live after maintenance concludes at 8AM PST today.

6 Likes

Its working for me in PTR! :smiley:

3 Likes

Can confirm it works on the PTR for me as well. Great job guys!

3 Likes

Yes I had an old Phenom II 6-core :slight_smile:

so happy they could fix the problem! great job blizz!

2 Likes

It is fixed on the PTR… It’s just a matter of some time now… maybe during the maintenance this morning! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wonder how many ppl unsubscribed before they decided to support our old amd processors. the thing that made wow so big back in the day is any system could run it. Activision is showing time and time again they don’t care bout our games roots. Thanks in advance if fix works. If not back to FF14 I go.

3 Likes

Hello im just want to say that im very drunk right now and Ragnaros is the best server in the entire game, peace

I reported this issue on the PTR and was afraid it would make it live. That being said, once it went live it took them what, 48 hours to address it? If you unsuscribe before giving the devs a chance to respond to the issue, well I don’t think you’re being reasonable.

3 Likes

I am assuming maintenance is done? Can anyone let me know if it got fixed on live?

Maintenance is done, but issue is still there for me. Seems like it will be added in an upcoming hotfix maybe?

3 Likes

sigh, Oh well, I guess it will be on tomorrow’s maintenance :T

At least I have the reassurance that they’ve addressed the issue and said they were working on a fix.

2 Likes

Yeah the fact that its fixed in PTR is a relief. Which also leads me to believe it’s not a fix that’s easily hotfixed maybe, if they had to push it to PTR first.

2 Likes

They said its gonna be a few weeks. They made an announcement last night.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/issues-with-older-gpus/679633

That’s GPU related, this issue seems to be CPU related.

4 Likes

That’s certainly contrary to what we’re seeing right now: a fix on the PTR already in place.

4 Likes

That’s a bit disappointing, PTR had me excited. Ah well, the fix will come when it comes.

while the server is up, i havent noticed a patch download, which usually happens around the actual posted end time of the maintenance, hoping to see it included in that

also to mirror what a couple people said, the ‘few weeks’ fix is for 100% a DIFFERENT issue, not what we are experiencing

From the way Bliz is addressing this, the problem is they are no longer supporting the older processors since they no longer meet the minimum hardware requirements. That sounds to me to mean there IS NOT going to be a hotfix because they have stopped supporting the older chipsets entirely.