Alterac Valley @60 is awful

Just did my first epic battleground at max level and it was AV. I was excited as normally games are good when everyone is still a freshly dinged character and tend to go on for at least enough time to have a back and forth.

What a disappointment. The game was over in under 8 minutes. The top honorable kills was someone with 4.

The NPCs hit like wet noodles, they have the hitpoints of quest mobs and people went in with 2 towers still up and people in instance chat said they were in games where people went in with as little as one tower destroyed.

Never seen an expansion start with AV in such a sorry state.

18 Likes

Same! It’s the only time I really like av! Lol hopefully someone sees this and fixes it…

2 Likes

Epics has changed entirely in 1 day since i have done them

IOC everyone ignores hanger for docks

Av people kill boss with 2 towers up

Ashran {only got this once but no1 even killed the mage} both sides

Wintergrasp still boring and 1 sided as usual

1 Like

Not at max level but if you can kill the av bosses with 2 towers up then av will go back to the zerg rush meta with the only benefit being that at least ally won’t lose as much which is kind of sad i prefer alterac valleys that actualy include pvp.

3 Likes

AV NPC’s were curiously underpowered even in the pre patch and the boss was doable with 1 tower up . Looks like it just got worse .

4 Likes

AV boss is definitely bugged, Vann died before my AotD was even done channeling with two towers up.

4 Likes

Yeah, saw Vann yell so thought I’d recall back to base to see what was going on and the game was over before the cast was even half way through. Not fun at all.

2 Likes

I personally like how epics are now and would love for them to stay that way. If a team doesn’t want it to be over in 8 minutes, they can force a turtle to make it last 40 minutes. Also keep in mind AV used to be a 2 tower kill end boss game for a long time. At least in IoC hangar isn’t the only way to win anymore.

Also Horde ques have been 10-15 minutes while all of BFA they were 25-30 minutes…

1 Like

epics should not be winnable by anyone in less than 30 minutes, an average game should last an hour.

if that is too much pvp, then epics are too epic for you, and arena is waiting.

13 Likes

Good thing this is only your opinion. I love epics bgs but don’t like them being an hour long. Epic bgs are for me and I’m getting exactly what I want right now (:

“Inemia-Wyrmrest Accord has captured Snowfall Graveyard”

5 Likes

I think that graveyard is a bad idea… see the difference?

sorry, i can’t hear you over the sound of how much honor i’m farming

7 Likes

Sorry I can’t hear you when I’m gaining more honor getting 3 dubs before you can get one LOL

1 Like

We dropped Drek in about 10 seconds last AV I was in.

Because of the chokepoint at Ice Wing bunker, and the location of the GY there, the only way Alliance can reliably win this map is to rush. SHB, Balinda (not like anyone kills her now), and IWB are all easier to get to en masse and tougher to defend.

It is a shame that this once glorious, 3 day fights map, has been turned into a PvE event.

1 Like

I understand some people may like it this way. The fact of the matter is it goes against the design intention to have matches that are over in a few minutes (and even if Horde queues are 10-15 minutes, which I would put down to there being more players right now rather than any changes, the games are still over in less time).

Battlegrounds should not be over in less time than it takes to queue for them, and Alterac Valley should not be able to be completed with towers remaining.

7 Likes

Supposedly, the devs are afraid to touch AV because it’s a bunch of ancient, spaghetti code that’s duct taped together.

And the PvP dev who’s familiar with the code is no longer with Blizzard…

4 Likes

Epic bgs exist for people who enjoy hour long bgs if they take less than 10 minutes than what’s the point of having them in a separate queue.

6 Likes

They have been buffing the NPC’s all the time in AV. I suspect they will here too. As soon as SL is stable .

1 Like

This is a pure guess, but I think the dev who did that in the past just left Blizzard.

I guess we’ll see if the remaining devs can modify AV without breaking it.