We're way over due for an AV rework

Anyone who’s played AV the past couple years knows how much of zerg it is (and really has been since before wotlk)

But it’s ever more grossly apparent this expansion, it’s a race to cap the last two bunkers/towers & GY, then boss kill. All of 5-7 minute matches with next to no PvP contact (Contrasted to the 15-30 minute WG matches 20-200 kills) It’s crazy to think how Alterac Valley is even considered an “Epic BattleGround” now when it’s really just a glorified 5 minute honor piñata

10 Likes

Yes. Have done a few of these where there is virtually zero PvP unless you try defend the base… and you get steamrolled.

I saw a lot of people complaining (during BG) that AV is essentially a PVE base-race.

2 Likes

AV is fine…in patch 1.5. No rework needed, just a revert.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/alterac-valley-60-is-awful/741681/

It’s not fair to say AV has been a rush for the past couple of years. It was really fun at the start of BfA, where they made several changes to the difficulty of NPCs (reintroduced commanders, added scaling technology) - it wasn’t until corruption was added that the NPCs started falling behind.

It seems as though the majority of those changes have been removed for some utterly bizarre reason. NPCs no longer scale (there are mobs below level cap in the instance), the damage is comparable to level 52 mobs and they have less health than dungeon bosses.

Please continue posting and tweeting about this, it’s the only we will get this fixed - if there is noise.

2 Likes

Don’t hold your breath, blizzard lost all pvp focus after WoD.

2 Likes

They’d need to modernize the graveyards first. I love 1.5 AV but those gys were awful.

1 Like

i’ve played AV the last couple of years, it’s not been a zerg, only 60 av is a zerg.

as far as a remake goes though, both WSG and AB have had modern visual remakes, AV is just as old.

1 Like

Don’t believe everything your influencer tells you :wink:

With how much timegating and hours played matter as metrics these days, I would have thought that the AV honor printing machine would have been looked at by now.

only lvl 60 AV is a zerg … so the place where the majority of the game occurs is a zerg. thanks chairman pedantic … pardon me, vice chairman.

being pedantic, all of BfA AV had a longer format, all 4 towers were required to kill the boss, if you had a geared tank, you could maybe pull with 1 tower up, if you had like 4 tanks and 10 healers and dps that wasn’t eating glue you could maybe pull with 2 towers, but generally you were risking a wipe.

AV for most of bfa was about 30 minutes. so to call it a zerg because the current 60 model is a zerg is wrong.

1 Like

My what? I don’t watch streamers/youtubers. I played it plenty and having respawns right on top of the flag is unbalanced.

If you want the slog of a bg than do ashran. I like ashran as a change of pace. But i do enjoy going into an av i know will be over fairly soon. Ashran is justva scrum where you better be ranged.

You can maybe get some pvp in av if you try to take or back cap towers, but your really now contributing to the win.

1 Like

Not a good thing.

Which is the wrong attitude. Backcapping towers should actually mean something and you should have to take each and every tower before killing the boss is at all possible.

1 Like

If you want pvp youbwill have to engage in it, ie towers. There is pvp to be had in av, its just unfortunate it doesnt really change the outcome.

I wont apoligize for sometimes enjoying a quick game, i am grinding honor for gear. I would really likentobget into rated bgs and arena where i need that gear.

1 Like

It was reworked to let the horde win. What more do you want? And Blizz have not upgraded the NPC’s to match SL yet.

1 Like

10/10 AV games are still trash zerg fests. I didn’t pvp in BFA so I missed out on the one time they tried to scale it but seemingly forgot to do so this time around? Either way its sad

1 Like

just swap av for the korrak’s revenge version. it is so much more fun.

3 Likes

Yes all they need to do is move the horde cave back to the current retail position and KR is a perfect AV

2 Likes

AV during BFA was so much more engaging & fun than the current one. The back & forth chaos made AV my fav epic bg then. But I cringe at this AV now.

1 Like