All Monks Need to Yell for Changes

We’ve already got threads in GD too. Not the best place, but…I’ll take anything for a little more visibility.

Fight the good fight! Fight for us!

4 Likes

Well crap those are just depressing

The Sloot interviews for WW and MW were also pretty depressing. I’m hoping they at least bring more attention to our problems, because I always hear “monk is fine” from plenty of people who don’t main it.

10 Likes

We really just need a mass awareness campaign. I feel 1 thread isn’t enough. If it gets marked as spam so be it.

3 Likes

#KungFuStruggle

1 Like

I’ve been sitting here coming up with things I can say that aren’t going to be considered spam just to bump the existing threads. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Was told that literally yesterday on a YouTube comment. Bokay, stranger.

If monks were fine, MW wouldn’t be left out of raids and WW wouldn’t need 5% buffs to all abilities mid-expansion lol. We have isssuuueesss

1 Like

Yeah nothing worse than that, or asking how viable your gonna be in raid next Xpac for helping your guild push progression and being told that unless your bleeding edge world first racing don’t worry your should be fine, play what you want, who cares if you have to take longer to down the same bosses everyone else is as a guild.

#kungfuStruggle

yells 10 char

5 Likes

Well I see we have no blue post still. Keep making more threads and adding to existing threads. Doesn’t need to be my threads but any threads that advocate for Monk help on the beta! We need for Blizzard to acknowledge our existence! Not leave us bugged AGAIN.

Keep trying my fellow Monks! :panda_face: :panda_face: :panda_face:

1 Like

I’m yelling as well.

2 Likes

While we’re yelling for changes, what did people think of Chi Explosion? I don’t really remember how it played, but I like the idea of a flexible ability that you can decide how many resources to dump into for different effects.

Chi Explosion was a pseudo flexible. You had to use it on 3 or 4 chi or you wasted the dot damage. So on paper sure it had skill but in actual game play you had to use 3 chi single target every time, with aoe 4 chi being required. In game it had zero flexibility. 3/4 chi or don’t use it.

Honestly it was crap because it forced you into this gimped mage style of play. Lets leave the ranged chi stuff to the mages. Unless of course blizzard wants to give monks a 4th spec. The Chi-Master spec. With Haduekens and Spirit Bombs.

The new legendary by the same name of Chi Explosion is a 360deg blast around the monk. Not ranged just an Arcane Explosion animation (from mages) on a longer cool down.

1 Like

you’re crazy. this class is WAY more interesting than DH, and that comes from a DH main who rerolled fully into WW in the last 2 weeks. DH is absolutely boring, quite mobile, but extremely boring. WW has an incredible kit, just some small tweaks need to be made (WDP baseline, fix SEF, etc).

We are still here, still waiting, and still don’t see healing spheres!
#KungfuStruggle

1 Like

I’m still confused why MW had to have expel harm. It feels like blizz was just trying to fullfill some unpruning quota.

#KungfuStruggle

Created #KungFuStruggle in general and lets get that hashtag trending on twitter, facebook, whatever.

I really hope Bliz actually LOOKS at monk for more than 5 sec. Our stats don’t scale well. Verse is such a boring stat to be our best.

I think they need to baseline Whirling Dragon Punch and replace the talent with Strike of the Windlord. It was a fun ability, and the flow of the class was amazing in legion. Has felt really lackluster since they removed it. Expel harm is just boring to have back. It’s hardly worth pressing.

The Venthir and Bastion abilities are extremely boring. An uncontrolled add summon and 15% mastery and more RSK… wow, amazing. I think we still have holes in our kit that leaves us just using tiger palm/blackout kick to try to get the CD on RSK and FoF off cooldown. We need something outside of a legendary to make the spec feel good.

After legion monk has been somewhat fun, but it really has felt like something is missing. Unfortunately, from what we’ve been seeing blizzard doesn’t care or want to deal with WW.

1 Like

I miss Strike of the Windlord too, it was so much fun to use. Then we got Fist of the White Tiger as the supposed replacement and Fist just feels awful to use.

3 Likes

Didn’t they change the bastion ability to only give 10% mastery when they…well…nuked it for MW? Or did they revert that change?

Regardless, it is very boring for WW. When the covenant abilities were first revealed I remember thinking that the ability looked like it was specifically designed for MW in particular, with a little something thrown to brew and WW. But after the nuke, it just kinda…exists.

1 Like