Monk Needs Attention

I appreciate the Shadow rework. Truly I do. But now it’s time for Monks to get some attention. I don’t know what the class’s problems are. I’ve never leveled past 20, even though I always tell myself each expansion that I’ll play Mist Weaver on an alt.

But the class needs help. Monks haven’t received an update at all during the entire Alpha-Beta cycle. Blizzard hasn’t talked to them since the start of April. Something needs to give.

And Blizzard, if you won’t give every class the development time they deserve during the Alpha-Beta cycle of an expansion, it’s seriously time to kill off the ‘no reworks mid expansion’ rule. This is a living game with a $15 a month subscription. Players have every right to expect constant maintenance and clean up. And classes are fundamentally the core vehicle to experience the game. A buggy mess with unfinished design is NOT the work a massive AAA studio should be satisfied with.

Please get the monks back online. Yeah, I’m sure there are other posts on this topic. But nothing’s going to change unless this issue is in the front and center.

19 Likes

What changes would you like to see? I feel that this feedback would be much more helpful if you pointed out why Monks are a “buggy mess” and how that could be fixed. Also, which specialization(s) are you referencing?

I agree with this part and I like it.

5 Likes

Give them back the proc that gave a free blackout kick and free rising sun kick

3 Likes

I don’t have a damn clue. I’d wager the monks know what it is they need. I also know that they don’t have that outspoken ‘charisma’ of the Shadow Priests. So I’ll just lend them some of our Shadowy Bombast and see what they do with it.

Windwalker is Limpwalker.

And Brewmaster got Lobotomized to make it easier. I Sincerely hope monks gets some love. Or I’m abandoning my main to go tank on a Class that actually has to manage resources.

3 Likes

I dont play monk but is there still that bug that keeps you in combat after you FoF, even if the mob is dead?

Thats been in the game for how long now?

4 Likes

Theres many abilities monk have that dont benifit from stats at all. And due to that monks scale very badly with stats and go versitility heavy which is terrible…as expansions go on they fall further and further behind. And yeah FoF bug and SEF bugs ww needs as heavy a rework if not more so then shadow at this point. They have been broken for 2 expansions and were only on the meta once due to borrowed power of the legion weapons. Now its been broken and unworked so long its feeling like its a class abandoned by blizz and only those who love it stay…its heart breaking because it was my main since it was made in mop but I shelved him in BFA. I mean we were bottom after corruption made the issues even more apparent and worse. Only the nerfed to the floor sub rogue specs below us…but least they have sin and outlaw. Mw and ww need alot of work but if nothing happens…i think monk dps will be dead.

1 Like

Monk talents in all 3 specs are painfully boring, need a lot more flavor. And ww rotation could use attention, is just as bad as dh one.

*** cracks knuckles ***

whirling dragon punch baseline
turbo fists baseline.
paralysis CD lowered to 30 seconds
transcendence: legion healing winds restored, keep it on the same CD.
spear hand strike doesnt interrupt fists of fury.
white swings still continue during fists of furys animation.
white swings still continue during whirling dragon punches animation.
white swings still continue during spinning crane kicks animation.

mark of the crane removed.
touch of karma removed. replaced by life cocoon. in good karmas position in the talent tree a talent that allows life cocoon to be cast on friendly targets for group utility.
add the BOK reset mechanic to spinning crack kick as well. every enemy struck by SCK reduces the CD of FOF by 0.3-0.4 seconds per cast.

storm earth and fire removed. and set on fire in the parking lot.
replaced by Serenity: enter into a state of serenity by invoking the power of xuen. increases your versatility by 40% for 8 seconds. 2 charges, 1.5 min CD.

the entire T15 talent row removed. in its place is the mantra row.

mantra of the winds: increases windwalkings effect by 100%. ( 20 yard range of the aura, and doubles the movement speed to +20% )
mantra of the mists: when the monk crits, he heals his party for 3% of there HP. 6 second internal CD.
mantra of lightning: when fists of fury ends the monks party is filled with a jolt of lightning increasing the recovery rate of there major cooldowns by 10% for 4 seconds.

spiritual focus works with the new Serenity that is now baseline.

in serenitys position in the talent tree is a new talent.
TigersEye Brew: replaces serenity. each chi spent gives you a stack of tigers eye brew. upon reaching 30 stacks of tigers eye brew, you can take a swig of the brew increasing your damage and healing by 25% for 10 seconds.

in whirling dragon punches position in the talent tree: strike of the windlord.

hit combo removed. in its place glory of the dawn azerite trait. at 50% damage on the second hit.

rushing jade wind removed. in its place. fury of xuen azerite trait. double tigers go rawr.

7 Likes

Mistweaver is the strongest healer in the game right now lol outside of raid content. Brewmaster is fine. WW is on par with other specs even if it doesn’t shine.

They made the class very well which is why it doesn’t need a lot of attention.

1 Like

I would play mantra of the mists monk in a heartbeat! Crits for heals!

IF you wanna see the Monk bugs and complaints go look at the Monk Beta Thread. Plenty of info there. The dev’s somehow keep glossing over the thread.

4 Likes

winks at the cutie monks

There ya go! <3

2 Likes

BrM is getting dumbed down even more in SL? Is stagger really that difficult to understand?

I messed around with it and it looks like the exact same hot mess in PTR as it does now.

Yes, it’s the worst one out of all of them (so many) as far as I’m concerned.

Sorry for the late reply. But here goes.

yeah, BRM Was dumbed down even more.

Stagger is now entirely passive to maintain. The Ironskin Brew ability is gone. totally gone.
You now get Ironskin Brew’s effect from a passive called shuffle which is gained from using any of your damaging abilities.

So Preventing the damage and putting it into stagger is now done automatically for the brewmaster.

As a result of that: Brewmaster no longer has multiple brews that share charges with eachother. So no more thought is required on what brew to use and when.
Purifying brew is now a 2 charge ability, that doesnt share charges with any other ability. So you simply make sure it’s always on cooldown and you’re purifying a good amount of stagger.

Finally BRM Got Celestial brew. Which is a 30 second cooldown absorb shield based on your stagger. It doesn’t share charges with other brews, costs no resource, and doesn’t require much thought to use correctly.

TL;DR.
The spec plays itself.
Brews sharing charges is completely gone.
Celestial brew is a neat addition, but boring.
Brewmaster is now as deep as a puddle.

Mistweaver. Most of our problems stem from our 7.0 rework.

70% of our throughput comes from essence font and rushing jade wind, both of which are channel abilities and require a button push every 8 seconds. Too passive and boring.

We scale terribly with stats and we are the only healer that doesn’t get benefit from our mastery on our entire kit. Instead our mastery is tied to 4 spells, 2 of which we barely use.

Hot chasing. Why is this a mechanic? Essence Font’s healing is front loaded, meaning we always want to push it after the damage goes out, but by the time we’re finished with our channel and ready to use the hot, the raid’s already been topped.

Life Cocoon is a terrible external. The absorb shield almost always gets eaten in 2 blows.

Revival is the worst raid wide CD right now. The heal is small and we’ve been getting more and more raids where a raid wide dispel will kill the raid if used at the wrong time.

Changes we’d like to see:

• Essence font reworked/removed
  • Better stat scaling
  • Return of Chi
  • Mana tea off the GCD
  • Mastery rework
  • Fistweaving
  • More thought put into our major CD

What we got:

• Covenant abilities that buff our mastery (without interacting with our mastery)
  • Healing spheres…supposedly? Where are these, blizz?
  • Legendaries that encourage using spells we don’t use (like soothing mist) or are worse versions of talents we don’t take (roll out?)
  • Increased mana costs (even on our Covenant abilities)
  • Expel harm-heals less than vivify, costs more than vivify. Currently no reason to even have it on our bars.

And that’s without even accounting for all the bugs present on the spec in beta…

TL;DR

We’ve been the worst healer in raids for 2 full expansions and our kit lacks synergy, meaning we never get a niche where we can truly shine. The Legion rework was a fail. Please help us.

4 Likes

I would kill for the old Mana Tea and Tea Stacks. So we actually get a mana regeneration mechanic instead of just cost mana reduction.

A mastery rework is something we badly need. Or at the very least let it proc on our HOTs if we are going to be forced to use Essence Font forever.

The fact that our Fistweaving legendary is broken and has remained broken really messes with our ability to accurately test things.

Jade Statue should be baseline again, not a talent. It’s ridiculous to remove a staple of our class and make it a talent. It would be like making rogue Kidney Shot a talent. It should also be providing Eminence when we Fistweave like it did back in MoP and WoD.

If Soothing Mist is supposed to be our go-to heal for reliable healing and low mana cost, give it the ability to cleave off of our target. Whether it be jumping to additional targets at a reduced healing amount or radiating off of the target. Or spawning healing spheres that move towards injured allies within X yds.

Renewing Mists needs the return of either being able to reset the CD again or get rid of the freaking charges on it. I’d sacrifice essence font for a no CD or charges of renewing mists.

No it isn’t. There is data to show WWs are very weak in raiding. It’s either the worst or the second worst.