All Monks Need to Yell for Changes

I’m making this thread to alert all the WW/MW monks out there who take their class seriously. You all need to start talking in the general forums and such. We need to let blizzard know how unacceptable it is to leave WW and MW in its state.

I think the WW playstyle is pretty good.

1.However, we still have bugs that are years old mainly with SEF.
2. We have a talent that is a direct copy of our mastery.
3. WDP should be made baseline which would allow serenity to be taken. I know a lot of WW monks like this.
4. DH should not be WW 2.0 Our identity is being stolen.

MW Monks.

1. Are you okay with being near last every raid tier??
  2. Are you okay with your identity being stolen by Hpally and Disc priest??
  3. Why did our fistweaving leave?? Rising Mist is okay but what do you really do with it? Rising Sun Kick every 8sec or whatever. That is not fistweaving. WoD/MOP is fistweaving.
  4. Who here thinks our mastery is great?? Why does it only work with 3 of our spells? Essence font double dip is just awful.
  5. Scaling on the MW is wrong. We are almost always the worst raw healer in terms of HPS. HPS is all we got in raids. We start out Okay at the start of the expac and go straight down from there.

There’s things that are good with our class but there are many things that need to be fixed. The fixing will only start when all the monks make their voice heard like Spriest. Granted we don’t have Twitch/Youtube personalities to help. We need to make these changes happen on our own. The Monk Discord is a nice place but Blizzard isn’t listening to discord.

Start posting in the general forums and adding to Monk threads. Try to get our class to be seen.

159 Likes

Adding to this, the stated 2h weapon for WW still doesn’t work as FoF still requires you to duel wield. ** updated as of 8/26 update on the beta 2h FoF does work now as well as duel wielding for brewmaster.

Raid wise your soulbinds matter a lot more than the convents, its the difference between being top 3 in dps and bottom of the barrel. But the good soulbinds are rare drops few and far between. Still can’t catch a bm hunter in dps though.

Expel harm is still not doing damage like the tool tip says and does not count towards hit combo. Kinda sucks to hit it as part of a rotation and then hit combo drops. Think, get 2 chi > blackout kick > expel harm > blackout kick and you just lost your 6 stack of hit combo.

Touch of Death has this weird bug where it’s not killing the target, it just chunks their life low but they are still alive. Reported it in beta and on the beta forums but just a heads up in case this goes live like our SeF bug (standing around doing nothing) has gone live for a few xpacs.

4 Likes

i just hope WW doesn’t end up like Shadow Priest did where the whole of BFA glaring problems with their kit not working together effectively wasn’t addressed until the beta of the following expac

5 Likes

Yea, I never understood why we have a talent that is literally just our mastery as WW. It really blows my mind that is the only real choice in that talent teir as well. Just lazy.

15 Likes

I got the message pretty clear from Blizzard, I rerolled a few weeks ago into a disc priest. I have 0 expectations to even see a blue post so much as mentioning Monk in any way let alone try to fix what’s broken with them anymore.

3 Likes

I’ll add my voice to the chorus. Monk is not fun to play. The numbers might be there somtimes, but the playstyle is not rewarding. It doesn’t feel fun to play like a version 1.0 DH, or a rogue that can only spend up to 3 combo points at a time.

1 Like

The feeling I get is the opposite. The playtime itself is fun, but frustrating watching DH do more damage with no setup. I think if our dps was number 1 slot, there wouldn’t be a lot of complaints of how WW feels. Sure there are some issues though.

For me, there are some mechanics that need worked on, like serenity and WDP baseline, Hit Combo being redundant, but the mastery and interaction are what makes this the most fun melee for me. I get bored very easily on a DH or Sin rogue comparatively speaking. I like managing Chi vs. just pressing mutilate until you’re at capacity or the brain dead mashing of a DH.

12 Likes

Monks have been left for last in class fantasy, lore, aesthetics and balance.

It kinda sucks that the most fun class in the game is the most ignored.

28 Likes

Truth…windwalker needs HELP, pls and ty blizzard :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Just wanted to say thanks to all monks with beta access who are being vocal and putting in work to try and get our issues recognised and addressed in the feedback forums.

With the changes to SP and Arcane things are looking a little bit more optimistic. Fingers crossed!

9 Likes

Its even better in the ptr, you get to lose the free ability (dance of chi ji) from azerite and get rid of the the hit combo damage just to replace it! That will fix our crappy class! THANKS BLIZZARD YOUR THE BEST!

1 Like

Because some people like the playstyle encouraged by the mastery but don’t want another button to push.

1 Like

Let’s hope the next update will have big changes for MW/WW. The arcane / MM changes looked good. One day Blizzard will remember there’s more specializations than just fire mage.

1 Like

That’s fine but it’s effectively just a stat amp. It shouldn’t be the best pick in row. It also doesn’t discourage or encourage any play style change. Your mastery is already doing the same thing.

2 Likes

Could do a bunch of things that don’t require an extra button to mash. How about a free RSK on the completion of a FoF to add ST. Or a single target FoF instead of a channel cleave for ST. Or always a second RSK like our legion trait. I don’t think we need a new skill to mash, WW already has a ton, but hit combo sucks and is lazy. But you’re almost forced to take it and now have to monitor energy, chi and misses to do DPS. Not fun.

3 Likes

I still maintain that a mastery that punishes users for game play is not a good design. The talent doubles down on the punishment design.

Give me a free RSK, a chance to do more ST or cleave damage, maybe spawn afterlife orbs, give me a free Xuen, allow me to stack more tiger brews (while bringing back the ability)… anything other than “lulz you did a bad and pressed an ability twice -50 dkp!”

3 Likes

What was even wrong with our old mastery? I know they needed to cut down on the amount of smart heals, but I actually really liked my mastery and would stack it like crazy and use it as an emergency heal on tanks. Made me a fantastic tank healer and I could full heal anyone back up in BGs.

I’m 482 12/12m so I think I can say with confidence that… MW sucks and I rerolled a Holy Pally. Blizz wtf?

9 Likes

I’ll never REROLL! This PANDA STAYS! I just will advocate for changes in the meantime. TBH I was very close to switching to Disc priest.

6 Likes

I was once a Mythic raider in BFA, now in SL, I roleplay and warm the bench.

4 Likes