A reminder to Nelf Fans

Night Elf NPCs present for the siege. Tyrande is noticeably absent. All signs point to her not being a fan of partnering up with the Horde in any fashion.

Which has what to do with Alliance conflict? Or who in the Alliance is eyeing the Horde instead of just Sylvanas and Nathanos?

Incentive for people to do the right thing? I’ll pass. If they can’t do that on their own, then they are just as guilty.

Blizzard would have just used normal necromancy, because they write endings first and connect the dots however they need too.

Yeah, it’s bad writing within an MMO medium. But they got their story, they got their Horde back, they dethroned their dishonorable Warcheif. The Kaldorei had no part in it. We were scapegoats for someone else story. Its a give and take.

Then we are finished speaking.

1 Like

Tyrande is obviously going to be a dissenting voice against Anduin’s more pro-Horde policies, and has already demonstrated moving against his plans. Seeds are there, and her vengeance shtick is the natural catalyst.

And I have worried about that since October:

However, with Saurfang’s death, I find it far less of a risk now.

If you kill people for doing the right thing, then naturally you shrink/eliminate the pool of people doing the right thing. Either by KILLING them, or by making the WRONG thing their exclusive path to survival.

I think its speculative to assume that the necromancy is the ending instead of the Val’kyr. Even if thats true, the Val’kyr’s implementation in many ways would drastically differ from regular necromancy. (They incidentally did connect many dots in determining how their powers worked, but that’s besides the point.)

End point? Just because Night Elves are relatively on the backburner right now doesn’t mean their story won’t be significant later. Not everything can fit into a single expansion. It took actual IRL years for Koltira to be rescued from Sylvanas’ dungeon.

And you’d like to have their characters tried for warcrimes.

Yeah, that’s a bad give and take. It’d just be Night Elf players hoisting their baggage onto collective HORDE players.

I mean, I guess so. Still no responses on the pragmatism side of things. You seem singlemindedly determined on the Night Elves focusing on all parties with perceived fault in the burning of Teldrassil, including the parties that help you avenge it, damn the precedent that sets when dealing with potential future despots with morally inclined minions that might make the same switch (and will find the prospect FAR less compelling when they know you’ll execute them anyway).

10 Likes

Isn’t it! That’s why it’s great to be us.

That seems a bit one-sided though, considering it’s not like the Alliance won the war. Both sides just agreed to stop.

So the Horde pulls out of Ashenvale and Darkshore? Does the Alliance pull out of Arathi?

I think it’s more likely the Horde keeps it’s conquered territory, while leaving former Forsaken lands(Lordaeron, Gilneas, etc.) to the Alliance.

Horde never had full control of Arathi or Gilneas… So, I think Alliance surrenders Tirasfal and Silverpine, while Horde surrenders Darkshore and Ashenvale. Everything goes to how it was before the war… Otherwise, the fighting would never stop.

2 Likes

Oh man, it’s like the similar things that people said about Sylvanas but with (Tyrande) instead.

Weird.

Expect tyrande doesnt have a history of being evil lol

2 Likes

No, she just has a history of letting her husband sleep on the job and not helping Teldrassil in any way when it was burning down.

Genn’s wife did the heavy lifting there.

I’ll stick with my “evul” Sylvanas who actually does things.

I am so hurt, you know at least tyrande cares about the race I play, sylvanas ha not so much the horde is nothing, and the forsaken is nothing.

1 Like

Tyrande cares? Is that why she’s been afk for 2/3 of the war campaign?

You Are All Nothing!

Imagine being fooled by her for 15 years

1 Like

Imagine her character being assassinated in one expansion.*

There, fixed it for you.

Don’t worry, the same thing will happen to Tyrande. Why? Because she wants to be mean.

1 Like

If you want to factually wrong I suppose, theres plently of essays about why you should have known since vanilla but keep being blind

Sorry, what? I can’t hear you over BFA’s bad writing and forced roles.

Just got done with a quest where Thrall tells me to go absolutely shred someone and take their head because hes’ the MF’ing Warchief.

It’s almost like all Horde characters were like this pre-BFpolitics, and they still cared about their people then all through Wrath and Cata. Weird.

2 Likes

It’d be a lot easier to just do the reverse. Everyone just keep the territory they have now. Horde can even throw in Gilneas. Let the humans have all their old lands back.

oof imagine not reading edge of night.

Imagine saying ‘oof’ in a thread and not reading “WotLK” or “Vanilla”.