A reminder to Nelf Fans

what vanilla where she blantly says she doesnt care about the horde, and what the end of wrath where she says she doesnt care about the forsaken, WOOSH

Neither of those things happened/were a thing in either of those expansions.

I like how the one who has problems reading/spelling attempts to fabricate things.

Keep trying, darling.

its literally in the forsaken intro and edge of night

Here, let me break something down for you:

Forsaken intro literally talks about how the Forsaken broke free from the Lich King and will slaughter anyone who stands in their way. The only mention of Sylvanas is that she’s a banshee and she leads them.

Edge of Night was, wait for it, after Wrath. You know, which is what I said? Related to your “SHE NEVER CARED!” outburst, which is proven incorrect due to the fact that she did all through Wrath and Cata.

Please learn to read real words. The internet acronyms and terms have done you a disservice.

What I want to see:

I want to see Sylvanas fail. I don’t just want her dead - I want her miserable every step of the way there, with everything she tried for coming to ruin, and I want her to live long enough to see it all go to pieces.

I want to see real change to stop this from happening again. I don’t want the Horde miserable, or a bunch of Orcs or Forsaken dead. I do want to see the position of Warchief as a dictatorial ruler of the Horde removed, because it’s very clear that it’s led to far more tragedy and misery than a proper system of leadership would. Hell, move to a representative system and let the Horde be the forward-looking ones, for once, rather than busting out kneepads and mouthwash for the romanticized “Old Horde.”

What I don’t want to see:

Sylvanas turning out to be justified all along, or running around smugly foiling our plans for another expansion because nobody thought to cast “summon rain storm” on her turn-into-smoke trick. I do not want to have us forced to eat crow and come begging her for help against whatever monster of the week that only she can beat because of new unknown magic, or whatever.

I do not want the Night Elves to get slaughtered, then have Tyrande fly completely off the handle and get used as an example of “see we have to break the cycle of hatred, guys, vengeance is bad!” followed by a bunch of sage nods and finger wagging, before we pick a new warchief and going to fight whatever void god is the villain of the next expansion.

10 Likes

You’re going to be disappointed then, cause she’s already teaming up with Azshara. And smugly foiling our plans is pretty much her entire jam.

I meant that entirely as the beginning of negotiations, though frankly the Horde needs to demonstrate a lot of good will anyway. I don’t think tit for tat would be a constructive way to start off the newest peaceful relation.

honestly just let night elves go crazy. have them destroy a bunch of horde territory permanently. then you can kill off tyrande while the rest of the night elves face no recompense for the damage they did.

still wouldn’t make me like them again, but it would be a good development.

3 Likes

I’d be fine with Tyrande dying if we get some real revenge. I always liked Shandris more, anyway

3 Likes

Why do they “need” to? The fighting is already stopped, and the Alliance isn’t in any position to start it again if they wanted to.

There’s no reason the Horde needs to make any concessions at this point. All they wanted from the Alliance was for the fighting to stop and the Alliance already gave them that. There’s nothing to continue negotiating.

Every member of the Horde has been scapegoated for the actions of their Warchief. The Alliance, including the Night Elf players got to participate in a heroic narrative on the Alamo style fall of Teldrassil. The Horde did not get that narrative for the Undercity. Whatever Night Elf players feel that they were “owed”, they got paid back with interest in what Horde players had to go through.

2 Likes

Hmm… maybe not that last one, but definitely the first and probably the second.

2 Likes

who brought up the USSR as a beacon of how to act “after a war”

During the war. After the war the USSR was the only country to insist upon full reparations - the reparations West Germany had to pay were paltry sums, and some countries in the Western Bloc like Greece have never received reparations from Germany (or the UK…) despite the catastrophic toll the occupations took on them.

The USSR actually are the beacon of how to conduct a war against fascism. They’re the ones who fought the war and they’re the ones who won. The British Empire and the US deliberately stayed off the continent for as long as possible because their strategy was to let as many millions of ~communists~ be killed as possible in the fighting before they came in.

Your attitude is cruel and dismissive of the suffering and desperation of the weak and poor people who fought the brunt of the Third Reich’s genocidal crusade to kill and colonise Eastern Europe, and won that war, and liberated the entire world, in one of the most clearcut examples of good v evil I can think of in human history.

But, whatever, this is the sort of hamheaded, anti-history, anti-human thinking Blizzard is writing with so in that sense you’re right.

the Jews the USSR wait I mean the NEs are COOONNSUMMED BY VENGEANCE, not like us good Americans human beings who believe in forgiveness! As part of that forgiveness, it’s really hip and cool to hire high-ranking fascists to run our intelligence offices to hunt down communists and gays after the war. Those Judeo-Bolsheviks. So unforgiving.”

Writing this out makes it clearer to me how BfA’s philosophy whitewashes some of the cruellest actions during history, and villainises the victims. It’s a profoundly uncomfortable and repulsive story.

14 Likes

I miss your distinctive outlook on the discord, Guesswork.

2 Likes

:point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::100::100::100::100::100::100::100::100::100::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

You know, you can point out that Blizzard sucks at writing without white washing one of the most murderous regimes to ever exist. USSR and WW2 Germany are the clearest example of good vs evil ever? Give me a break.

5 Likes

I think it wasn’t supposed to mean specifically USSR vs. N. Germany, but just the overall greater WWII Allies vs. Axis conflict being the “most clearcut example of good v evil”, of which USSR took part as a member of the Allies. At least, that’s how I read it.

USSR wasn’t exactly a paradise to say the least, but winning the war would’ve been a lot harder without the constant pressure on the eastern European front.

I would assume that to be the case if they didn’t spend particular time denigrating the UK and US involvement while glorifying the Russian contribution. Let’s not even get into the fact that millions of Russians died due to Stalin’s regime itself as much as the Germans

5 Likes

Yeah, Thanos wasn’t the only one who could snap his fingers and make people disappear.

4 Likes

Ironic that Saurfang’s WoT-Horde has an uncomfortable parallel with recent attempts to whitewash the Wehrmacht’s involvement in atrocities.

1 Like