To Whom It May Concern Regarding Nelf Lore.

11/01/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Droité
And, btw, Jaina didn't actually "clear" the Blight, she Froze it to various surfaces using air pressure and frost.

You can see the frost clear out in the cinematic when Anduin stops and calls out "Jaina! The wall!" and both the frost and blight are gone from that point foward.

11/01/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Droité
I'm a little worried how Darkshore will play into that.

Two posts I made on the PTR forums about worries for what will come after Darkshore:

10/30/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Amadis
10/30/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Kyalin
So is it ALP? No, and I do think they took a lot of positive lessons and applied them here. There are still huge issues with the scenario, but comparing it to ALP is just a bit unfair.

I actually agree.

However, we also have to take into account some warning signs. With Anduin saying that the Alliance can't divert forces to Darkshore, and the Night Elves and Gilneans heading off on their own, and taking to account that 8.1 will swing the war highly into the Alliances favor, as even Nathanos admits to Sylvanas that the Alliances is on the cusp of winning the war, what we do have to be cautious about is if 8.2 or the continuation of the war after is going to swing the pendulum back again into the Horde's favor. And if the story does head that way, what would make the Darkshore Warfront even worse than A Little Patience would be if the Horde took advantage of the Alliance's divide forces and were able to take back the war because of it. Even if Anduin didn't directly say something to Tyrande after like "This is why I didn't want to send anyone to Darkshore," the narrative presentation would still leave a lot of players blaming Tyrande for the Alliance losing the advantages they had gained because of her, well, lack of patience.

We do not know the above situation will happen. I sincerely hope not. But I bring it up in hopes that Blizzard will take that into consideration if they haven't.

10/30/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Amadis
10/30/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Yrithe
So in a worse case scenario, if Anduin gets what he wants in the end, but the Night Warrior isn't satisfied, Tyrande (and the others following her) will be an antagonist to the Alliance and Horde (For this speculation, I'm assuming this is later in BFA and they're no longer ruled by Sylvanas here, and the new Warchief agreed to peace). Next step, Tyrande becomes a crazed raid boss that both factions have to take down, she's not killed, ofc, but purified by Anduin. And now the grand finale!!! Anduin wags his finger at Tyrande and we're finally at ALP 2.0.

That is definitely another concerning scenario I am worried about as well, especially given the line I pointed out that Tyrande says about Saurfang in the "Sparing Lives" section of my first post.

I can posit a suggestion of hope, though, that ties into the question you asked of if the Night Warrior state can wear off. If we do go down a path of vegence, which to be fair a number of people might very well want to, if this does lead to a Tyrande bearing down on Saurfang, I would hope that the Night Warrior state would either wear off as she comes face to Saurfang's pennant face, or at least intrinsically informs Tyrande that it isn't Saurfang that vengence is needed against, when he was calling for the catapults to stop, but that Tyrande's bow should be pointed not at Saurfang, but Sylvanas instead.

Because else wise, yeah, there is a considerable risk that we can be on the edge of peace, and Tyrande could call for the Horde to burn instead, and then we'd be just as responsible for the war continuing, the blame for which is not what the Night Elves need right now.

10/30/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Lakyle600EAD
Personally, I think it's more likely that a similar choice will be presented to the players that are currently being presented to the Horde players between Saurfang and Sylvanas; choosing between Tyrande's way and Anduin's way. Showing mercy to someone (probably someone related to Saurfang) or using vengeance.

I think this would be perfectly welcome, and players will always appreciate being given choices. I'd be happy to see it as well, and would support Anduin on my Druid main here, but then support Tyrande on my more vengeful Rogue. But even given that choice, I strongly do not want to see Tyrande ultimately being responsible for the war getting worse for the Alliance. That would be terrible.