8.3 Known Issues and Information

The Visions of N’Zoth content update is now live. Please read on for a list of known issues that we’re working on, and further information about the update.

As always, Blizzard Customer Support is here for you! If you don’t see your issue in the list below, Get help here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

8.3 KNOWN ISSUES
Updated January 14, 2019

Auction House

• It is possible for the Auction House to send more items in one letter than are visible to the player.

Dungeons

• Stormstout Brewery
    • Ook-Ook dies too quickly for players to earn the achievement Keep Rollin’ Rollin’ Rollin’.

Items

• Some older items may fail to cast their effects.
  • Transmogrfying items to look like the Fangs of the Father (Golad, Twilight of Aspects and Tiriosh, Nightmare of Ages) is not user-friendly.

Professions

• Several legacy recipes are miscategorized in the User Interface.

Teeming Islands

• Characters that queue separately may not be placed into an instance group.
  • You sometimes receive an error when trying to enter a game.
  • Players are not rewarded with any Honor for participating, winning, or losing.
  • When the game ends, players cannot leave the brawl.
  • This feature uses the Dungeon Finder queueing system.

World

• It’s possible for players to be moved into a new instance of the world while they’re engaged in combat, which can lead to progress resets.

For those just returning or who otherwise need to be caught up we have guides for both new and returning players.

New Player’s Guide

Returning Player’s Guide

As with any update it is important to make sure that if you use addons that they have been updated. It may be a good idea to reset your UI to default to make sure that the old files aren’t causing any issues.

Resetting your User Interface

Helpful links for various tech issues:

Cousin and I were doing the “Into the Darkness” quest and the 2nd part bugged out on him after we exited our first horrific vision. He has no eye to interact with to enable the scenario inside the heart of azeroth. It only is allowing him to sign up for another horrific vision. He tried disbanding the quest and starting over but is out 10k of the coalescing visions now. Heis character is Miz on the server Mal’ganis.

10 Likes

+1 on this, same issue for me. had to buy a vessel for 10k and run it again to get credit

2 Likes

Female worgen eyes are still missing their eye lighting effect, even when choosing a face variant that contains “glowing” yellow eyes.

1 Like

And the issue of the Auction House not showing cloak (except for cloth users), off-hand, or shield items that are new looks when the option is clicked? Is that known?

1 Like

In the Auction house when you have “uncollected only” checked it still shows every battle pet that is both collected and not collected.

9 Likes

Also quest wise there is one quest currently bugged it only works if you drop the quest and pick it up again. During the Allied quest line for unlocking mechagnomes the quest titled “A strong heart” it bugs out after killing the mob, meaning you can’t get the heart from Kelsey so you have to drop it and pick it up again.

1 Like

im trying to server transfer but it keeps saying i have active auctions, even though i don’t.

Glyph of Angels was broken by the patch and now no longer triggers like it used to. Please fix it!

1 Like

Submitted a ticket, but since the patch the game is unplayable for me. IF I succesfully log in, the latency is between 4k-11k before I get disconnected with an error of wow51900319. I’ve gone through every single troubleshooting step, uninstalled/reinstalled the game, I run no addons, my firewall is properly set, internet is functioning for every other game or application. Warcraft was working just fine the day prior to 8.3

3 Likes

Could you add the fact that ZERO Macbook Pros work with this patch so far? Everyone is getting a major FPS loss randomly, then it even locks up the computer to the point where a restart is required. This is even with all addons off and graphics set to their lowest setting, which i’ve NEVER had to do until 8.3. Please add this to the “known issues”. for reference: Random game freezing 8.3 - #3

17 Likes

+1 here. Having similar issues.

2 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue with my MacBook Pro freezing and crashing and it’s making the game practically unplayable.

4 Likes

AH favorite list does not persist through logout. Have to re-favorite items every time I log in. Doesn’t seen intentional, and if it is not a useful feature

3 Likes

I’ve seen others post in a couple other threads, but thought it should be here too… you can’t put the flexweave underlay on your legendary cloak.

1 Like

Kelsey Steelspark isn’t visible in Boralus. She is required for the quest “Urgent Care”. Issue seems to be linked to a certain player base who haven’t fully completed Mechagon on an Alliance character but have completed it on Horde.

1 Like

Prince Erazim is missing from Rustbolt, can’t claim paragon chests, anyone else having this issue?

9 Likes

Cloaks still dropping in 8.3. I got one from the PvP weekly chest.

Was trying to push into the drag in a horrific vision and my game bugged and said I was in combat after I killed the first big boss guy. Still had three orbs but could not use them so I died standing perfectly still for 15 seconds. wasted 10000 coalescing visions and now have to wait a full week to finish the remnants of a shattered world quest. Great time, really want to keep playing the game now.

1 Like