15th Anniversary Items

I am one.

For what? Other than “It’s fixed”. Otherwise they’re still working on it. In the old days we called that common sense.

2 Likes

Dunno if the mount is fixed, but after relogging just now it shows up on my collection O.o

Hmmm, let’s see. So if I give my employees all a task, they don’t know how long it will take, and they go off working on it. I should just wait indefinitely on them to finish, with no updates on their progress ever along the way? That doesn’t sound like common sense to me, that sounds like INSANITY. But as I said, I’m an old timer, just here doing boomer things (and no I’m not THAT old).

And oh yeah, they’re now working on my Wife’s account as well.

What update do you need?

Other than they fixed it?

You don’t need to keep hearing “they’re working on it”.

2 Likes

They would give updates to their supervisor, just not public ones.

Hey all,

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that we’re still here and still looking into various issues that popped up with the 15th Anniversary event. I’ll try to give a bit of a run down on some of the issues, I likely will miss something, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t being looked into.

Anniversary pet and mount disappearing.

• A hotfix is being worked on and is currently in testing. I don’t have an ETA on when it will go live, but if everything comes up green we hope it will be fairly soon. Note: Once the hotfix is live you should simply have your pet/mount again. Nothing else is needed.

Unable to select role when queuing for raid

• This is a known issue and it is being worked on.
    Note: In the meantime, you should be able to group and when you queue you’ll be prompted for your role.

Carepackage items disappeared upon switching characters/logging out

• A hotfix was applied and going forward no new care packages should disappear. There is unfortunately no retroactive resolution we can apply en masse. Anyone currently missing a care package (i.e. Fireworks, 15th anniversary token), will need to submit a ticket for the character that is missing it. Those tickets are being gathered so we can send out those care packages in bulk.
10 Likes

Actually, I would much rather see a post at the top that says something along the lines of

11/5/2019 10:00am - We are aware of the issue, we have reported it to the team
11/5/2019 12:00pm - No updates available, they are still working on it
11/5/2019 2:00pm - No updates availabe, they are still working on it
11/5/2019 4:00pm - We are rolling out a fix that will restore the mount and pet to players who were missing them. We are still working on a fix for the other items.

This lets players know that they’re not being ignored, that the issue is being worked on, and that they’re actually making progress. That’s a lot more useful than just SILENCE.

P.S. Thanks for the update Vrakthris

I wouldn’t bet exclusively on that. You underestimate the personality and measures a lot of today’s generation of gamers take to get what they want. They can get downright vicious if things aren’t specifically how they want them, and then trying to cater to every little detail to appeal everyone means they won’t have any time to get out a proper update like Vrak just did at all.

You can’t please everyone can you… I never implied it would placate everyone.

They’re not going to roll them out one at a time

1 Like

Did you read Vrak’s response?

True, but we’re not part of the group that is actively working on that, Zaphon. Any updates and discussions they may have will will among themselves and their supervisors as part of their process. They won’t generally pop out to give everyone who may want more information an update because they are busy just working on the issue. If any updates are available that can be shared, they usually do so, but a lot of the process is just working on the problem until a resolution is pending or going in place.

It can be frustrating, I get that.

9 Likes

Hey sorry, do you know if they are also working on the ragnaros encounter, i know you said you might miss some of the things being worked on but this is what i need ha

I stand corrected on that one.

Just that one

1 Like

Periodic updates can be reassuring. And if there is a little info to share, that can be helpful, too. Did we “need” all the info in the post from Vrakthis? No. But it can make many customers feel better about an unfortunate situation.

Actually, according to Vrakthris, it would appear that they are rolling out fixes as they are developed, some sooner, some later.

Yes, there are a couple of things with that one so I wasn’t sure how to phrase it. Some are getting stuck, some are dying on entry, etc… It is being looked into.

4 Likes

They’re not your employees, so the premise of your analogy falls apart from the get-go.

3 Likes

Thank you much appreciated, i know they are working hard on fixes so i can be patient.

2 Likes

And not always possible.

And “we’re still at it” is redundant. They’re not going to just stop working on it.

3 Likes

Indeed, but there is always the argument on the when. Every hour? Every two? For all the folks out there that appreciate just the occasional non-update check-in there are usually about as many who get annoyed that nothing new has been mentioned.

I usually try to pop in every hour/two hours for log in/server issues, but for bugs, we usually just let folks know that we’re aware of the issue and we’ll pop in when there is something to say.

Now, let’s keep this thread on track and avoid the back and forth that tends to happen. :slight_smile:

13 Likes