Unable to loot Noth the Plaguebringer in Naxx 25

If they said “logs don’t exist or are bugged” in the ticket response, I might believe them. But, they say nothing of the sort in either ticket response posted on this thread. I really think this is just a case of bad CS.

them telling you NO is not bad CS. Just the reality of the situation. Bugs happen and gm’s can not do anything if they can not view the log and see what dropped from the encounter. They need that to figure out who would get what from the loot.

Only thing you can do is submit a bug report about what happened.

Gm telling you that is there only thing they are allowed to do.

3 Likes

It’s not the NO that is bad CS. It is the zero explanation, form reply, that took OVER TWO WEEKS that is bad CS.

Not explained or mentioned in the response, this is just speculation. Bad CS.

1 Like

The blue gm reply posted in this thread in not so many words explains it. They do not say they could not find the logs. But if they say they are unable to assist that is what that means. They need proof in the logs they can view to confirm the kill happened and loot was generated and what that loot is. Other wise they have no recourse but to tell you they can not assist you. Gm’s hands are tied by the devs, Unless they can confirm a kill happened and loot was generated and what the loot is. Well they kind of need that.

It is beyond their control right now that it took two weeks to respond. Tickets are way up causing ticket time to go from what was about 24 hours to what it is now. Sure when Dragonflight goes live this might just get worse until things calm down.

1 Like

For context, here is a screenshot of a GM response from a reddit post where a user got a slightly more informative response to the same problem:

https:// i.redd.it/42lmxfgduzz91 .png (remove spaces)

TL;DR: They can see loot history, but because it took them over two weeks to check the ticket the logs are no longer searchable. I now wish to revise my complaint of “bad CS” to “absolutely incompetent CS”.

If you wish to provide feedback about the support you received, then do so via the survey attached to the ticket once it’s marked as resolved. The CS forums is not an avenue for feedback about policy that has been in the game for as long as I can remeber posting here.

If the loot table never generated, then a GM is not going to be able to force a loot table to appear. It’s not something that they are given the ability to do.

2 Likes

“Players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, provide feedback and participate in on-going discussions on the Customer Support forum.”

It says players are encouraged to provide feedback right in the sticky.

Two things:

• The wait times are not even remotely ok. Time and logs are related. Depending on data retention time for some types of logs they may not have anything to go on. That is the fault of mgt who failed to plan for surge tickets with Wrath, OW2, ban waves, DF, etc.
  • The GMs answering tickets are not at fault for the surge, mgt staffing decisions, or decisions about how long game logs are available.

I get that Blizzard is at fault, they are. However, this is not on the GMs themselves.

If you feel that the individual GM did not do a good job, the way to provide feedback is through the survey. That goes to the Supervisory team.

3 Likes

I think there is a disconnect here. I don’t hold the GMs who claim their hands are tied entirely responsible for this problem. It is systemic, understaffing, policies, bureaucracy, and probably a lot of other internal Blizzard things we cannot observe.

“Players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, provide feedback and participate in on-going discussions on the Customer Support forum.” - right from the description of CS forums… and it’s been the description of the CS forums as long as I can remember.

Loot table probably did appear in logs, but they took too long to get to ticket and logs were no longer accessible (at least according to another ticket response; mine didn’t have the decency to give a reason).

1 Like

The good news is that the raid reset today and you’re able to try again.

6 Likes

This is probably the issue. One way or another, either due to time or a bug, the logs were not available to review. Or, they were and did not show you on the loot table and eligible.

The failure to indicate which one, would be something to put in the GM survey review you get.

4 Likes

It’s all of the above, given that the response to my ticket was entirely opaque. How should I know (or be expected to know) what’s going on inside Blizzard management? I don’t care if CS comes from a GM or any other employee, I just care that it’s not completely useless.

7 Likes

He wrote the sticky. So you’ve proven that he contradicts himself. What else in the sticky should we ignore?

It is in dire need of some updates and clarification, for sure. There are quite a few bits and bobs in there that could use some TLC.

3 Likes

No, I want to know what’s right. The sticky is outdated? It shouldn’t be followed? Is that your point?

I’m not going to further derail this thread nor get into some further debate with you.

I gave examples to show that feedback needs to be directed elsewhere so that it can be seen by the people who need to see it and who can actually do something with the data - since you wanted to focus on what the sticky said and in that particular vein - the sticky isn’t explicitly correct. Like many things, it could use an update and overhaul to clarify and simplify things.

5 Likes

I would say there is a log for the kill. The thing is, the loot drop doesn’t populate until someone loots the boss. So there is no log of loot for your group because no one was able to loot the boss. GMs aren’t able to generate loot drops from a boss. They can only restore/distribute what there is a log for. That would be the difference between your raid and someone else’s raid.

2 Likes

No, not exactly. The mention of feedback in the sticky was originally a bit more nuanced. We weren’t simply looking for feedback/suggestions on policy or looking for feedback about specific reps. We are often looking for situations in which we may be able to provide clarification on “the why” when we are able to. Why our staff may have been unable to help in a specific situation.

For feedback on policies, that is best directed towards our Game Developers who help mold what CS can and cannot do. For feedback on a specific Game Master, that is best done through our survey system, which goes to their direct supervisor and is also used in overall departmental reviews.

That said, I think you are correct, Brickbat, that part of my post has caused several people some confusion over the years, so I’ve removed it.

9 Likes