Unable to loot Noth the Plaguebringer in Naxx 25

My guild killed Noth the Plaguebringer as he was teleporting last night and we were not able to loot his body. Is there anything we can do or do we just have to wait the 35 day ticket response time?

1 Like

ONE person, ideally the Raid Leader or Master Looter, needs to put in a ticket. Yes, you have to wait, but it’s not 35 days. That is an estimate based on the longest tickets in queue. It’s actually around 2 weeks, which still sucks, but significantly shorter.

I’m not sure of the specific process, but they would be able to see what loot dropped, and if it wasn’t assigned to anyone, they should be able to help.

3 Likes

Yeah, I had the same issue over two weeks ago and they still haven’t responded to the ticket. This is a known bug. I wish they’d post something on here about it. The bug has been captured on stream numerous times now (my run included).

Does anyone have any idea how they will respond to the ticket? Who gets the loot if the group was a PUG? It would be easy for a raid leader to sort out if they responded quickly (within a few hours), but tracking people down after four weeks to enforce whatever loot system was used in a PUG probably will never happen.

Most likely, it will be to report the bug in the Bug report forums. If the master looter doesn’t put forward a ticket where the loot was created and who it is supposed to go to, it’s unlikely that a GM will be able to get involved.

3 Likes

To piggyback off of Perl - GMs don’t fix bugs, that is strictly a Dev area, and Devs don’t answer tickets. They do collect their data from the Bug Forums though. And to stem this ahead of time - Bug Reports is a one-way forum. Players post, but Devs don’t respond. Just because you don’t see a Blue post does not mean that is being ignored.

Unless you were the Master Looter, there really isn’t anything you can do aside from reporting the bug. Whomever was the Master Looter, it is all on them. They could have received all of the pieces and vendored them all, if they chose. Technically speaking, the loot belongs to the Master Looter, and it’s on them to manage it all - the distribution and any facet of it. If they can’t be bothered to submit a ticket, the loot is gone. If they did submit a ticket, they can do with the loot what they want. If you’re not close friends, they could have received it all and you would never know unless they told you.

It’s why they put an emphasis on knowing who you run with. Make sure that loot rules are announced and clear. Even in an evident case of a scam, the loot will be removed from the scammer/beneficial person of the scammer’s inventory - but it’s not given back out to who may have won the roll. All of their articles are pretty clear that GMs are hands-off with loot distribution.

I know that deviated a bit, but just wanted to share that to try and shed some light on why the articles lay out what they do and the GM’s part (or lack thereof) in things relating to loot.

1 Like

We got a response that the logs expired and they were unable to assist us

Then that is your answer. Hoping it doesn’t happen again this week, but I really doubt it will. That’s one-in-a-million timing.

Clearly this has happened to multiple different guilds now. Not that low of a chance. Might be harder now as everyone gets more and more gear but it’s still ridiculous to miss out on a bosses loot for the week.

You would need to either file a bug report or post in the Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios forum.

Huh? I have my own thread & they’ve already answered people via ticket. Claiming the logs are no longer visible via a reddit post and our response was they were too busy to look into it but the ticket was marked ‘opened’ the night it was created. The kill was 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

This also happened to our guild and our ticket response was less than… acceptable.

Video of this happening: clips.twitch tv/FunnySpikyClamAsianGlow-8S6ENNCD-ypizKTx

GM ticket response : i.imgur com/YYoFcni.png

That is your answer, though. If the logs are no longer available, then a GM cannot help.

2 Likes

Unfortunately they really can’t help with loot distribution in most cases, and the few they can help with require logs. If the logs don’t exist, or don’t back the ticket request, a GM can not help. In your case they did not say the logs were gone, just that they could not confirm the issue you reported, therefore can’t help with loot.

I am sure you can imagine the things people would ask for if GMs were allowed to just create items when asked.

Viewable link if it helps

4 Likes

Update: got this frustrating response to my ticket tonight…

"Hello XXXX!

Game Master Daerdrin here. Thanks for reaching out, and I appreciate your patience while waiting for a response. I understand your raid did not receive loot from Noth earlier.

After checking into it, we will unfortunately not be able to offer to provide any loot from that encounter. We do try to offer assistance when we can in these cases, but it isn’t something we can always do. If you believe there is a problem with the game which caused this to happen, please be sure to submit a report via the bug report option in the in-game support menu. Our developers are unable to reply, but the reports sent in directly from your character are valuable in finding and resolving in-game issues.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to check into this for you, and I hope you have a good rest of your day."

This response is neither timely nor particularly well articulated (almost makes me jealous of the response Kwerti got above). If GMs wants logs, I have have WCL and a twitch clip of the loot bug. Somehow, I doubt this is an issue of logs/proof though. I rather suspect GMs think it’s too much work to distribute loot. What an opaque and dreadful customer support experience!

1 Like

What logs are your referring to?

They won’t accept any logs but their own server logs because sadly some people falsify things :dracthyr_cry_animated:

4 Likes

You have to reference the date and character on which the loot issued occurred when opening a loot ticket. Isn’t this enough reference for a GM to look up a server log?

Or is the issue that, after taking over two weeks to get to my ticket, that server logs do not exist anymore?

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’m afraid this is likely the case. The logs are not retained indefinitely, and it’s entirely possible that the long response times exceed that limit.

Yes, that is enough. Char name, server, date, time if you can, raid instance, and boss. Those things help. The logs are pretty extensive.

NORMALLY those logs exist for quite some time (couple of months), unless they changed that data retention policy.

Now, if any data loss was caused by a bug where the raid or player is not on a boss kill table or something, GMs can’t award loot.

They need:
Boss engagement table
Kill confirmation
Loot table generation
Loot allocation from that loot table to persons

Any loot not allocated to you based on the logs, for example, would not be awarded by a GM.

4 Likes

Sounds just fine to me. They used an “in” instead of an “or”. It doesn’t really change the answer.

That’s exactly what it’s about. The logs for the kill, namely what loot would’ve dropped for you, is no longer available.

No, it’s that they can’t determine what loot would’ve dropped.

Other than the long wait time, which is unfortunate but reality right now, they provided excellent customer service here. No, you didn’t get what you want, but that does not determine any level of customer service.

4 Likes