Fps question

More and more players are giving feedback on FPS issues

The 1.36 version was updated in May 2023, and since then, FPS has been significantly lower than the 1.35 level on the same map, CPU, and graphics card.

yes ,amd question
If not, it’s a problem with version 1.36. In version 1.35, my AMD CPU runs well

However, Intel CPU performance at 1.36 is also much lower than version 1.35

Overall analysis shows that the issue of low fps caused by the 1.36 update

AMD CPU unique issue:(Quote some of the author’s original words)
I’ve got random mini freezes for about 1 sec during the game.

Intel CPU did not detect this issue

This article prohibits CaptainJack from speaking,

Captain Jack, please take it seriously and don’t be so shameless. This article doesn’t welcome you.

1 Like

The fps problem really exists,Official technicians, please repair as soon as possible

1 Like

“official technicians” lol

This game is never getting fixed, just stop wasting your time.

Meanwhile my CPU and GPU usage is decently low on warcraft 3, while I am struggling to get 1 Frame every 3 seconds: ht tps://imgur.com/a/EsVgRXu

This is because the game only uses one thread, and you and most everyone today has multi core hyperthreaded CPUs.

The underlying engine is still from the early 2000s era and subject to the technical limitations it had at the time. it does not utilize a lot of modern system features aside from things like the Chromium based menu UI.

If you get “one frame per 3 seconds” then you’re either playing a broken or overtly demanding custom game map, have something seriously wrong with your system, are running one near or below the minimum requirements, or some combination of the three.

pls shut up

Your problem does exist,
Your hardware can run smoothly in version 1.35,
But in version 1.36, the optimization level of the version is very poor,
Fps (100% at 1.35) → fps (60% at 1.36)
Current situation:
Almost all players reporting issues are AMD CPUs, and it is rare to find Intel player reports (it is speculated that Intel CPUs have little impact on FPS)
1.36 version causes all CPU issues

1. Both AMD and Intel have a decrease in frame rate
  2. Major question: AMD CPU unique issue, get 1 Frame every 3 seconds, Intel player reports this issue (only fps drop)
    In summary, AMD CPU users are more affected
    Named Amd CPU question
    I hope everyone does not purchase AMD for their next CPU. my CPU is AMD 5800x3d, which belongs to the DDR4 Emperor (the pinnacle).
    As the best CPU (DDR4) is not enough to run War3 1.36, the negative optimization of 1.36 is indeed very serious,
    In version 1.35, Mengyi achieved a perfect experience
    Warning:
    Please do not talk to CaptainJack and ignore his words, this is simply a waste of your time
    He doesn’t have any advanced CPU, and he never has any video evidence to prove that he does. Unless he uploads a video for us to view and regain our trust
    Captain Jack is not welcome here, why does he have the audacity to type the keyboard again?

come discord ltf,jafrostcard wait you

1 Like

No U

And stop harping on about how a problem occured after 1.35, seriously, you’re just a broken record at this point. We know this, everyone knows this, it’s a useless observation. The game version will not be rolled back. If anything is EVER done, and that isn’t likely, the proper thing to do is to fix the problem, not revert the version. This is true now, was true back then, and will always be.

You and others talk about how I make noise, well how the hell is posting the same crap over and over and over and over again not noise? All you ever post is about how 1.35 was better (even though the problem really began before that, but w/e). Over and over and over again. As if repeating yourself 400 times is going to provoke a change.

No. One. Is. Working. On. This. Game. Anymore.

Cheer up,
AMD CPU is not very user-friendly
Don’t buy AMD, everyone
Make some people anxious
If he shuts up, then I’ll speak less
Amd CPU question!!!

2 Likes

Cheer up,
AMD CPU is not very user-friendly
Don’t buy AMD, everyone
Make some people anxious
If he shuts up, then I’ll speak less
Amd CPU question!!!

hahahahahaahahaahahaha

CaptainJack, please take it seriously and don’t be so shameless. This article doesn’t welcome you.

2 Likes

User friendly? All CPUs are the same amount of user friendly. You plug them in the socket and they turn on.

I will never shut up, I have every right to post and will continue to do so no matter what you say or do. If that causes you to post more useless nonsense, that’s all the better, since everyone will see you’re purely posting out of spite.

Personal attacks will be flagged.

Everyone with even one iota of intellegence knows and can see that Mengi doesn’t really have any interest in the issues at hand at all, they’re purely here to start a fight. But that’s fine with me, everyone will see you for what you really are.

Yes I noticed a drop in FPS in macro maps after the last Blizzard patches.

I have a AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT processor.

It would be nice to get a patch to revert to earlier versions of the game to get better fps again, even though I expect less than nothing to be done about it. I had a weaker computer and still had similar or less FPS issues in macro maps in earlier versions of the game.

The only thing that can be confirmed is that version 1.35 fps is much higher than version 1.36 fps. As for the reason, it may be that the programmer input a certain line of code less than expected
ps.: Blizzard Forum is recommending not to reply to CaptainJack anymore as its encouraging negative behaviour.

You’re probably pretty spot on with this. It’s just too bad they can’t be bothered to do anything about it… (At least unlike the other ppl complaining here, you actually posted something useful)

But then you had to ruin a decent post with personal attacks. Flagged and reported, moving on.

“Blizzard forum” isn’t reccomending anyone do anything, because “blizzard forum” isn’t a person and doesn’t reccomend things in the first place. You could at least not make up lies to attack people. Another account to block and report.

Which is what you should do if you really don’t like someone so much. Telling other people bad things about someone else is witch hunting which is prohibited by the code of conduct. If you dont like someone or think they don’t contribute, the proper thing to do is put that person on your ignore list- not conspire to make personal attacks.

They will never revert a game version. That is not a valid option, because that would undo actual fixes and imrpovements, i.e. throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

The proper course of action is to fix the problem, not roll back the version. But yes, nothing will be done because anyone that might even consider doing anything about it was probably fired in the big layoffs a couple months ago.

Well maybe I’ll be eating my words…

Previous version: 250-300FPS on melee maps
After today’s hotfix (only build number increased, not version number): 350-400 FPS under identical conditions

I hope everyone else sees a performance gain like I did, though I’m sure people will still complain, even if it’s better, for not being “better enough”

It’s not gonna matter if the whole trash is capped at Refresh Rate of the screen, regardless of VSync being on or off, due to a trash bug of the game on Mac in my scenario.

obligatory “no one buys a mac for games”

well still, one issue down, many more to go…

Edit: USEast seems to be back, I’m seeing low pings on some games again. (It always showed as “USW” but you see pings in two different ranges depending on which coast you’re on)

I also have ~3 times better FPS in both SD and HD graphics (roughly 100 to 300 and 30 to 100 in the same scenario) since the latest patch. Hopefully others are seeing improvements as well.

1 Like