Game stalls / random mini freezes for 1s (not FPS dropping)

Hello everyone,

I’ve got random mini freezes for about 1 sec during the game. Doesn’t matter if online or vs AI. Most often happens when the hero is ready or a building has been completed. Often just random during fights or just moving on the map. The game stalls for about 1 second and then just goes on normally. This is not the FPS drop problem, FPS are about 200 on average. The game is just freezing. Unnecessary to say, that this is not helping winning if this happens regurlary during a fight.

I am always using classic grafics.

Similar description from 4 years ago: Lagging / mini freezes
The random freezes

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
GPU: GPU AMD Radeon RX 6800
RAM: 16 GB
Installed on SSD

Any idea what the problem is or how to improve the situation?

There are two potential solutions:
The first is one that helped me with a somewhat different issue but it might work for you as well:

Uninstall the Radeon Software for your GPU. Reinstall it, but during the setup process, select a “Driver Only” install, and do not install the adrenalin software or any of the extra stuff you can select. Launch the game and see if there’s any difference. The Adrenalin Software is known to cause some weird issues in Windows that as far as I know, still haven’t been fixed. One of these issues is the performance tracking system of the Adrenalin software can cause substantial delays in launching any graphics-related applications, and in some cases may cause other performance issues. Currently the only solution is to not install the software, as there is currently no way to disable the stat tracking.

If that doesn’t work try the steps below.

do a clean boot of windows with all non-essential processes disabled.

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the run dialog, type msconfig and hit enter
  2. click the Services tab.
  3. Check the box that says “Hide all Microsoft Services…”
  4. Click “Disable All.”
  5. (Win 10/11) Press Ctrl-alt-del in Windows and open Task Manager. Go to the Startup tab and disable everything.
    (Older windows versions) Go to the Startup tab in msconfig and uncheck everything.
  6. Reboot.
  7. Launch the game and see if these “mini freezes” are still present.
  8. if they are not, find the culprit by process of elimination- re-enable startup items and services one at a time until the mini-freezes return, and then you have found your culprit.

Until a year or so ago I had a system very similar to yours, and I never had “mini-freezes” so it is highly probable some background service or application is interfering.

Hi CaptainJack,

thanks for your suggestions. I tried both but no difference at all :frowning:
I assume that it has something to do with the memory implementation of the game because in my opinion it often happens if something new gets visible etc. like loading it for the first time in the RAM… sounds weird.

I have no idea what to do, am I the only one with this problem?

I haven’t heard anyone else talk about it, at least not recently. It could be some piece of hardware or something acting up. Your system is kind of dated but I prevously played on a similar CPU without this issue so I don’t think that, at least by itself, is the issue.

You haven’t played War3’s 24 player battle map before, please play it

War in the plagueland this custom map, and then post your comments.

Why are more and more players speaking up about FPS issues?

If this problem does not exist, why do they report the fps issue?

pls shut up,
Proof video on all versions of 1.36 low fps - Bug Report - Warcraft III: Reforged Forums (blizzard.com)
If you cannot provide a video of fixing FPS, then you are a scammer

Here is a video of Mengyi players, which proves that the 1.36 update introduced the fps problem
If you don’t have any evidence, please shut up

No official 24 player map exists.

(Note to mods, accidentally flagged this as trolling, why can you flag your own posts???)

No one ever said a fps problem didn’t exist.

Bpls shut up

I will never shut up as long as you keep posting.

If you don’t have any evidence, please shut up

Evidence of what? The only thing i’ve ever disputed is people calling this an “amd issue.” It’s not an AMD issue, it’s an everybody issue.

Why are you hijacking a thread that isn’t even related to the 1.36 fps issues to attack me? I will be flagging every one of your posts on this line of conversation as trolling. The poster here isn’t complaining about frame rate, they’re complaining about hitching. This isn’t an FPS issue at all. Hitches or “mini freezes” most commonly indicate a slow data access issue. Not a graphics issue. And most certainly not unique to AMD systems.

You need to find yourself a dictionary. Scamming is taking money from people. Regardless of what you think about frame rate issues, me making a statement you don’t agree with is not “scamming” by any definition of the term.

Now kindly stop digging up old battles for the sake of everyone else on this forum.

pls shut up

In the future I’m not even going to reply to this, I will simply flag it and it will get deleted for the troll bait and spamming that it is. Do keep that in mind, it’s not good for you. Every time you tell me or anyone to shut up, it will only empower them to speak more. Maybe that’s what you want, but it only makes you the instigator of fights, and everyone will see that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.