Cannot link old account

Hi there Blizzard support.

As stated within the title, i cannot link my old account to the new one.
Old account: pula_romaneasca
New Account: Lucian#2191 (this one)

Old account was active and had stats.

Regards,
Lucian

Hey there Lucian,

I reset the account information and sent you an email. The email will have a new password for the old account. I hope this helps!

/Nathardrick

1 Like

What does the linking account do? I linked my old account and nothing happened. And I still can link another account. I tried linking again my old account and it now says invalid username and password. It does that even if I reset my password.

Thank you,

I have received the password, however it still says invalid password, I think I have the same behavior as Lacroix stated. I have activated it in the first day as far as I remember.

However is there anyway to verify that ? what should be changed ? (as Lacroix stated)

Regards,

Nice help, Blizzard.

Hey there Lucian,

It looks like you’re right! Your account was already linked to your Blizzard account. Since a classic account can only be linked to one reforged account, it will normally throw an error trying to link it to additional accounts. Even if it’s the same one it’s already linked to!

Basically what linking the accounts does is saves your stats to the new Reforged account. Stats are not currently available for view in-game but should become available in a future patch.

Hope the info helps!

2 Likes

That is good news.
Thank you!

Hi Support,

I have the same problem, I can’t link my old Northrend Account:
Acc: silenthunter
siDDis#2334

Thanks

Hey siDDis,

I reset the password for the account and send you more information via email. Please check your registered email at your earliest convenience.

Will classic stats be merged with Reforged stats or will they be displayed seperately?

Thank you, but still the same message invalid password or account name…

siDDis,

It looks like the last logon for that account was more than 90 days ago. With the old battle.net system, all accounts which have not been logged into for 90 days have their information purged from the system in a way that cannot be restored. Because of this, there’s no way to recover that account. You’d need to start again in this case.

Any new accounts created with the new system should no longer have this limitation, as it’s tied to your new Battle.net account rather than the old Warcraft III account system.

Same problem, my post on it got ignored though -.-

northrend gateway
acc: MFG_Miro
Miro#2406

last login is definitely within 90 days.

Miro,

That particular account was last logged into in August, it looks like. It’s not recoverable.

To summarize this issue for the rest, all instances I’ve seen of this this error message ended up being one of three things:

1. You have the incorrect login information
  2. The account is already linked to a Warcraft III account with the new system
  3. It’s been more than 90 days and due to the account being in the old system, you’d need to start again.

Well, that is not true.
But either way, you basically just screw over loyal fans, even more than you already did with the release the way it was? It’s not recoverable? I can still look up the account and its stats on the wc3 northrend ladder, so how is that not recoverable?
I mean I played mostly roc. There’s 5000 ladder games alone on that account, not even counting the countless custom games I’ve played. Let’s assume ~20min per ladder game, ladder alone would make it >1600h played. So given that I couldn’t even log into RoC for more than 3 months, if a player never bought tft, he/she would automatically get his/her account deleted?! Is that a joke? I had both games though, and I did log into tft in december. I mean, are you for real? There was no 90days announcement when I created my account(and none since) and I have been without login for longer than 90days in the past without my account being “not recoverable”…

1 Like

To address this one point. I posted a screen shot for you of the warning on the account creation screen that’s been there for 20 years. It even existed pre-Warcraft 3 as shown on the Warcraft 2 account creation screen:

And the Diablo 2 account creation screen:

2 Likes

cant link old account

Old account: Haematic
New Account: haematic#2972

You adress me saying there was no such thing on wc2 or D2? I didn’t. And as I owned a D2 account which got deleted as well, I also know, that it’s a kinda recent thing to ACTUALLY delete those accounts.“at regular times” really has been quite irregular and random, but whatever. Before as long as your Account name remained untaken, you could still use them, even if it was >90days. Same with character names ingame. I’ve yet to see the same message on the old wc3 acc creation screen, but that doesn’t change anything about my post:
Still, I did login in december.
Still it’s a joke, that if you had never gotten tft, your account would be deleted anyway as roc wasn’t playable since june(?) which would make it >7 months of not even being able to login.
It’s still a joke that playing roc and/or tft is no longer possible, both btw without any announcement.
And it’s still a joke to announce the 90days-delete thing on reforged release, when you’ve actually deleted accounts beforehand…doesn’t really make any sense.
And that’s aside from the joke that Reforged is…so yeah, way to loose loyal costumers.

i cannot link my old account to the new one…plz plz plz my account KiKo.S Asia…play 15years+ plz plz plz

Those were just extra examples to show how far back it goes, that the system and its warning has been in place for a long time. The warning would have been there when you created you account in WC3.