Cannot link old account

Do you have more than one old Battlenet account? If so, could you be confusing them?

Perhaps one that you were intentionally letting go and one that you planned to save? But have them swapped in your mind?

Hi there Blizzard support.

As stated within the title, i cannot link my old account to the new one.
Old account: Vice
New Account: Vice01#2601 (this one)

Old account was active and had stats.

Regards,
Vice

Hey folks,

For those of you who had old accounts and are certain you logged in more recently than 90 days ago (Nov 19, 2019 as of this writing) - what version of the game were you logging into before Reforged launched - the old version game or the Beta for reforged? For several of these accounts it seems like they stopped being logged into a while ago - at least to the live game servers.

I logged into my old account 2-3 weeks before reforged launched (not beta).
can you see that my account ainā€™t active anymore?
I canā€™t link my old account?

Ermā€¦noā€¦nice try though.
Also what you and Drakuloth are doing, is trying to find the way in which we the players failed. Thatā€™s basically the same as the ā€œexcuseā€ -letter stating ā€œweā€™re sorry you didnā€™t have your expectations fulfilledā€, implying that the error lies within the expectations.
Again, if I was a roc only player(which I was, I still logged into tft in december. I didnā€™t play a game, but then again, nowhere does it state Iā€™d need to), Iā€™d be screwed either wayā€¦and this is basically a slap in the face for fans.

But just for you:
No, I donā€™t have more than one old wc3 account.
No I did not forget my password, and the GM responding to my ticket even reset my password, claiming he could find data linked to my account, but even with that new password it didnā€™t work.
No, I donā€™t mean I logged into the reforged beta in december. I did, and in january, and in november probably as well, I still did log into the OLD The frozen throne game in december.
No, I did not set the wrong gateway, or used my current battle net account information or whatever else you can come up with, I might have done wrong.
Does that cover everything? I sadly canā€™t post links in here, else I could also link my ladder profile where my stats and everything are shown. I donā€™t really get how itā€™s not possible to recover my account from that.

both. I logged into the beta and into the old frozen throne version of the game(as roc as I mentioned, which you chose to ignore, stopped working somewhen around june)

Okay, forget it. Iā€™m just trying to brainstorm possibilities that might lead somewhere.

Good luck to you.

Miro,

If resetting your password didnā€™t fix the issue, thatā€™s sadly all we can do there. This isnā€™t any sort of excuse - itā€™s merely the fact of the matter. The online ladder profile and the account data stored by the old system you were previously logging into are separate entities, and support doesnā€™t have direct access to the server data or a way to restore expired accounts. If we had such a thing we might be having a different discussion here, but all we can do here in tech is look things up and tell you what happened. Beyond that, any feedback for the system itself should go to the General forums. We do not code the game here, we just ensure the game is running the way it was coded to run and provide what insight we can.

I entirely understand that you put a ton of effort into this account. If you werenā€™t playing games, the system didnā€™t realize it was still valuable to you, because it is a robot and doesnā€™t have the emotional connection to the game you do. Under the old system, it had simple instructions. If a player played a game every 90 days, and didnā€™t do something to get their account banned, it was told to keep their account active. It sounds like you didnā€™t do that over the past few months, which is the best explanation we have for this at the moment based on the information you gave us.

Weā€™ve gotten a couple reports of similar issues and are looking to see if thereā€™s anything that can be done for these accounts that we havenā€™t been made aware of yet, but I donā€™t want to set your expectations incorrectly here. The likelihood is that the account is lost because the system appears to be working as designed. Iā€™ll let you all know what comes of that, but for now your best bet would be starting fresh and linking later if we do find something.

As for Vice, Aza, and Haematic,

Vice,

There are a lot of accounts with a similar name. Can you let me know what gateway you used to play on, and the exact way the account name was typed previously? (Including numbers, spaces, special characters, etc.)

Aza,

Your account shows a last logged in date of some time in July. This cannot be recovered either. Your best bet would be starting again with a fresh account and keeping an eye on this thread to see if I get any updates on possible other methods to recover accounts. (Please review my previous post however, we do not believe there are other ways to recover these expired accounts, but are checking nonetheless.)

Haematic,

Your account was last logged into pretty recently, but it doesnā€™t look like you ever associated the account with an email address. As a result, itā€™s not possible to reset your password for you. Youā€™ll need to remember your old password and try again. Most often in your case, the link error is just due to typing the password wrong or making a typo with the account name.

Hello Drakuloth

ā€viceā€ at Europe

Logged on both TFT and Roc before reforged launched, sure the account should be active

Greetings!

I think i have linked my old accoun. It said first it was ok, after i tried to link it again it says incorrect name/password.
But as I understand from this thread I can link more than just one account.
If you see this blizzard can you confirm my account is linked or not?

Old wc3 username: extr3me
Server: Northrend gateway
Was last logged in launch day of wc3:reforged
And linked my old user in first day.

That is likely due the fact that a classic account can only be linked to a Reforged account once. I believe that was said by Bliz somewhere around here. Iā€™ll try to find it.

Vice01,

That account also appears to have expired - it last played a game in August as far was we can tell.

Strongman,

Leviathan is correct, the accounts can only be linked to one battle.net account, and once linked cannot be unlinked or transferred to another account.

im still unable to link my account

2 support folks told me the same thing, the account can only be linked to one reforged account. The very first time i launched the new launcher (i dont own the new game) it asked me to link and i believe it said it was successfullā€¦ here i am almost 1 month later and still not showing anythingā€¦ why is that?

does that mean that my old bnet account stats will transfer to my new bnet account or is it supposed to show me somewhere that I have my old bnet account linked?

blizzard really slapped us all in the face by forcing the update to that launcher and then making it hard to link your classic accountā€¦ this is great!

not to mention the best part about all of thisā€¦ so many people are having issues linking and there is NOT a single entry in their patch notes indicating they are at doing anything about itā€¦ are you guys even trying to help ppl?

If it linked, youā€™re good to go. Nothing is visible anywhere yet because the UI feature that will display them just isnā€™t in the game yet. But they have been imported behind the scenes.

Because it can only be linked once, thatā€™s why you get errors on subsequent tries.

Thatā€™s not necessarily accurate, Vice. Account recovery is only possible if the actual account play information hasnā€™t expired. If the name you gave me earlier is spelled completely accurately and there werenā€™t any spaces or special characters, the account I see here has expired play data and cannot be recovered, even by support.

Iā€™ve looked over this with some other departments and weā€™ve confirmed that thereā€™s no method to recover accounts which have expired even on our end. To reiterate what I mentioned earlier - these are all of the issues which weā€™ve found so far with account linking and there have been no exceptions in the entirety of our investigation in this thread and with other players. If youā€™re in this thread, your issue falls under one of these categories.

Hey Haematic,

It looks like this WC3 account is already linked to the Blizzard account you are posting from. No further action needed! The classic stats should become available in a future patch.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hey Strongman,

It looks like this WC3 account is already linked to the Blizzard account you are posting from. No further action needed! The classic stats should become available in a future patch.

Cheers!

Hey Vice,

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi,
I have a question. Did my old W3 account linked?
W3 account name: Doesnt_exist
Thanks for answer.