Cannot Link Classic Account and can't retrieve classic account because the retrieval email never gets sent to my inbox

Same problem here. I’ve linked my classic Warcraft account, but nothing happened. Then it just keeps saying invalid username/password. I had like 4k games on my acc, playing since I was a kid. I hope to keep my acc guys, otherwise I’d be really disappointed in Blizzard.

2 Likes

got the same problem: cant link classic account.

Account is still active; I was always able to log into classic battlenet (last time in dec.)
blue?

I have same problem dude, with link old acc. feel so bad :frowning: What to do? i want my wins

Same problem here dude, dont know what to do. really want my old acc

Same here, I’ve logged in before i got the thank you message.

nothing has changed, i’m trying today with the warning about my old account getting deleted if i dont login soon, but it’s telling me bad password.
when it’s 100% not.

i played everyday until i couldn’t anymore, I have it registered to the right email.
I’m entering the right gateway and entering the right password.

I’m just told the password or account name is incorrect now.

Just like blizzard to completely disregard its core fanbase and only appease the masses, just shove the game out. doesn’t matter if the people playing it for the last 10 years straight get dicked.

you guys are the worst.

2 Likes

good news everyone

new update to War3ReCrap has a more notification prompt that comes up and says if you dont log into your classic bnet account in 3+ months then it gets deleted… still cant link my account, looks like they stole our progress boys.

3 Likes

I am quite sad or even more angry right now, if this won’t work properly.
And maybe I even get owned by my own coolness (just 1499 Wins on pupose with 4 races - hopefully playing with Classic graphics or so give you wins for classic Icons …!)
Commitments of a heritage - Never delete the achievments (Win-Statistics/Icons) your players earned - #10 by FetTERSven-2502

Can’t link my Account too. What to do now?

Any updates on the Topic before our accounts get deleted? @ blue?

1 Like

so get this, I chatted with someone in Support. They told me the reason it wont link is because I linked it once and the classic account can only be linked to one account. They say they have no way to see my old account or to unlink it…

still waiting for more hopeful info on the matter @blue

Bump. Same issue. Successfully linked classic account. Not visible. Now when I try to link again it says invalid password. Blizzard please let us know what the deal is.

yeah blizz is putting out all these patches and NOTHING about classic account linking, its awesome.

All these patches? They have only released 1 so far XD

That’s expected. The features that would display the imported stats are not in Reforged yet. But rest assured that they are imported.

so they had us link the classic account and the stats will come over but they didnt give that to people who purchased the game from the beginning? what if they dont get that in place for anyone that hasnt logged into their old account in the 90 days? given that they released not only a falsely advertised game but an incomplete game, i can see them taking too long and alot of ppl would lose their old stats.

lol early access games bought on steam seem more reliable at this point.

If I’m understanding you, the legacy account can be linked without waiting or buying Reforged.

The base version of the game (Classic mode) can be logged into right away and the legacy account linked. Then the stats will be safe forever no matter how long one goes without logging in.

I am still not able to link my classic account uwk-sLy @ northrend!

On classic battle.net I was able to log in flawlessly all the time.
Is it possible that accounts get somehow flagged as “inaktiv”, which did not matter in classic but seems to bug reforged while linking?

If a classic Battlenet account has not been logged into for 90 days, it’s purged from the system.

Thats not what i mean - did this quite often in classic even longer than 3 months. Account is also still “active” since it can be checked on the official classic battle net site.

The website can’t be used to determine if a classic account is still active.

Try posting in this Tech Support thread. An SFA may be able to look into it.