Wings of Liberty in Chronological Order

Hello all,

I made a post about this before in the old forums before they moved over, and unfortunately it doesn’t let me edit the old post anymore. I created this new post since I was playing WoL again and decided to re-arrange some missions around based on campaign quotations and watching the UNN broadcast’s ticker feed at the bottom of the TV screen in the Cantina. Here’s my take on WoL in chronological order and it’s just my opinion. In addition, Kyla Velassi is a minor unseen character but things seemingly happen in chronological order when watching the UNN broadcasts (she’s on Tychus’ armor). Please disregard my old forum post and use this one as a guide (if you so choose).

The first 3 Mar Sara missions (obviously)
The Evacuation (save Hanson and her people, Operation Burnout in Sara system)
The Devil’s Playground (Kyla enters rehab, KMC abandons worlds)
Outbreak (1st fleet @ Sara system, KMC denies responsibility, billions dead)
Welcome to The Jungle
Smash & Grab (Kyla detained for selling drugs, perhaps while in rehab? Zerg advancing)
The Great Train Robbery (1st & 2nd fleets combine to protect core worlds, Zerg all over)
Breakout (she’s released from rehab, perhaps since she now has to stand trial)
The Dig (she’s to stand trial for distributing)
Cutthroat (she attends a premier show)
Whispers of Doom (Kate Lockwell the reporter will ask Valerian about his dad’s corruption scandal. This question is omitted if Whispers of Doom is played before Media Blitz. Kyla gets nominated for award)
A Sinister Turn
Engine of Destruction (detained again, this time for possessing, perhaps at the premier show?)
Media Blitz
Echoes of the Future (Kyla then wins award)
In Utter Darkness
Piercing the Shroud (after learning what the hybrid are like from Zerutul’s memories, now Raynor can deal with a hybrid face-to-face)
The Moebius Factor (she breaks down on the stand since she got detained a while back)
Supernova (released to entertain troops)
Safe Haven (having Hanson present as long as possible presents unique dialogue between her/Raynor that may not be present if she’s not around)
Maw of the Void (she flees courtroom and escapes)
The last 3 Char missions

I’m not sure if it makes sense from a gameplay standpoint, but after playing WoL again I wanted to create an updated guide for players that could be curious. Updated 12/19/2020

5 Likes

Who is this Kyla you’re talking about?

She’s a minor unseen character, a Terran actress. She’s on Tychus’ shoulder on his CMC Marine armor.

Ah, I see. Thank you!

1 Like

I agree with a lot of this. I feel like in Utter darkness though has to come somewhere after Moebius Factor. Because Tosh tells Raynor after Utter Darkness “I’ve heard you say we are who we choose to be” (which Raynor tells Matt after Mobius and never says any other time). I think maybe after supernova, after Raynor’s spat with his crew he stalks off into the lap. Stedman is the only one after Supernova that isn’t mad at Raynor.

Raynor got “we are who we choose to be” from his father. It could be raynor’s raider’s slogan or something relatively publicized.

I find playing anything but Wispers of Doom after The Dig to be out of place because of Jim’s attitude toward Tosh after both missions. If you sandwich other missions in between them it just makes Jim’s attitude toward Tosh seem really bipolar.

It’s best playing Prophecy missions in a row. It gives you a solid boost in Lab research.