HotS & LotV Chronological Order

Also, I think sky should come before space because the Raynor-Narud would hit her pretty hard that way. Having it happened after space is just weird…

Space coming before Skygirr makes a bit more sense if you see it like Kerrigan would be in a hurry to get Raynor back once she realizes that he’s alive rather than just going off to figure out what a mysterious voice (Stukov) is trying to say to ya.

3 Likes

Always saw that choice the same way.

Also it’s the easier way from gameplay point of view.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your help. I’ve been replaying all the SC2 campaigns again and wanted to get clarification on the chronological/canon order. Since there doesn’t seem to be a definitive answer on LotV I’ll probably start with Shakuras first.

We don’t have any canon confirmation in LotV, but as a part of Shakuras first fraction here, I am happy you’re inclined this way.

1 Like

WoL Chronological Order

To those curious, here’s my take on the WoL campaign (link posted above). I decided to also take a look at the old Blizzard story website on WoL and HotS via the Wayback Machine’s Internet Archive. It seems a majority of what I had for my take on WoL was on par with the former website. Thanks again for your help everyone.

Yeah, I think it’s Spirit and I on the Korhal first band wagon.

I’d love for a canonical order to be released/revealed someday, just so we can see what’s really what.

1 Like

Shakuras first faction for me.

Get Vorazun to safety or else.

Fixed.

1 Like

Of course, that’s the actual logic there. Because we know stuff is bad on Shakuras, while we have no idea about any trouble on Korhal yet.

I just need to remind people that Vorazun is undertated af.

Except we actually don’t.

In reality he knows that they are under threat. He says “I must reach them before Amon’s armies.”

They’re the next logical target for Amon after he wiped out the khalai. The dark Templar would be safe aboard the spear of Adun, which is not a stationary target that can be easily assaulted, yet alone found. The rest of protoss civilization are basically sitting ducks on Shakuras.

2 Likes

To elaborate on Gradius, SoA is kind of running on skeleton crew at that time.

Well… in terms of current day Protoss.

Also, your nice but kind of racist auntie Rohana has something to tell you if you pick Korhal first.
And in a way she’s right. Keystone can be reclaimed. Those Protoss on Shakuras if you don’t save them?

Irreversiblr damage to your cause.

Absolutely they’re under threat, that’s not in question. So is the Dominion. So is Kerrigan’s Swarm. The entire galaxy is under threat at that moment.

@Bifrost stated that Artanis knew things were bad on Shakuras specifically, which is incorrect at this point in the story. He believes they will be attacked (logically), but Artanis does not know when.

When he does arrive there, he’s extremely surprised to see how “bad” things actually are; no one suspected Amon would get the Warp Gate activated and invade from that direction until it actually happened.

Unless the canonical mission order is revealed, we also don’t know if Amon does this almost immediately or not.

One day, perhaps we’ll learn.

That’s kind of a strawman. Artanis’s duty isn’t towards the Dominion or Kerrigan’s swarm. It’s for his people who are under threat.

He’s surprised that things are that bad when he gets there, sure, but he can’t be surprised that they’re there in the first place if he feared Amon’s armies reaching them first before he ever left. He directly states that.

You’ve also ignored Bifrost’s point that the keystone can be retrieved at any time whereas people are irreplacable (Kerrigan’s rant about vision comes to mind here, except that a protoss’s life is worth far more than a zerg).

1 Like

Not to mention his personality type.

Artanis doesn’t shy from tough decisions, but he always puts his primary focus on his people.

Even on Aiur, he went out there with his option of purging Amon from Khala instead of going with Alarak’s callous, yet pretty reasonable option.

He’s just not that kind of person.
Neither if he chooses according to his Honor or Reason.

1 Like

@Gradius and @Bifrost

We’ve debated in the past Korhal vs Shakuras and the points around each in detail (including the point you’re claiming I’m ignoring). You disagree with me, and I disagree with you, and we’re not going to convince the other. The only way to move forward there would be for Blizzard Entertainment to release the canonical order.

I’ve posted here only to correct @Bifrost’s comment about Artanis knowing how horribly bad things are on Shakuras before going there. He does not. This is fact as per the game itself.

Thing is, that while I can agree with your general logic that someone might prefer Korhal over Shakuras, I don’t see how it applies to Artanis.

Not one bit.

After the massive Zerg casualties from the invasion of Aiur, it seems building up another 1.5 billion Zerg would take more time than immediately proceeding the hijacking of the GA