Protoss will never win a GSL again

Let’s face it. Terran whiners have prevailed and Protoss will never win a GSL or WCS global finals again.

14 Likes

Bro honestly these changes are so terrible, like five huge gamebreaking changes all done at once so theres no way to tell what is affecting what

6 Likes

Worst part is that terrans will not stop whinning!

14 Likes

Damn Protoss tears…

8 Likes

Preparing dinner and I ran out of salt.

Can you do the neighborly thing and let me borrow yours?

5 Likes

Oh no, one definitely will, my money is on Stats. It’s going to be amusing to see what excuse the community uses to discredit his achievement after all these nerfs though.

Serious question. Do you think Classic and Stats are as good as Maru and Inno? Watched Classic v Inno in the most recent GSL match and color me unimpressed… amove zealots into rax/depot wall + siege tank line followed by proxy gate into free win. An 11-second warp-in is overkill, but PVT needs to be addressed.

4 Likes

Dude, let’s be honest? All of the Protoss nerfs are actually for stuff that needs it.

6 Likes

Serral lost a game in the HSC finals because he forgot bane speed and got massively supply blocked.

Innovation donated three ravens to KeeN in what the casters even conceded was a horribly executed attack.

MarineLord lost two straight games to Reynor because he couldn’t be bothered to raise a supply depot. Not a single post suggesting he didn’t deserve to be there.

Everyone makes mistakes, only top their Protoss get called garbage for it. The bias is unbelievable.

15 Likes

Not “giving them garbage.” Inno losing an ultra late game TvT where both he and keen played great for 99 pct of the match is obv different than the stuff we see with toss due to design differences. Unfortunately, the SC2 team lacks the nuance and RTS game knowledge required to address design.

2 Likes

Yes - I do think they’re as good as Maru and Innovation.

If you think Classic won because he a-moved I don’t know what to tell you. Only classic can pull off those kinds of attacks. He has done it once against Maru this year too. His unit control is absurd. Show me another protoss player who can do that. You sounds like those clowns who think zerg requires no micro

Watch stats vs maru on year zero last super tournament and tell me you think stats is any degree inferior to Maru

Maru beat stats in the gsl last year because he abused proxy and raven death ball

5 Likes

When 7 Protoss are making it to the Ro8 and then still dropping the ball, you’re gonna have to realize that the Protoss Heroes are all just gone and none of them are up to par. Or, you can just keep crying for more buffs. You had an entire year and a half where TVP favored you and several months since ZVP does.

1 Like

a move race is whining lol

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I like Stats a lot, but he and Classic take turns as the tallest midget among lackluster Protoss talent.

The truth is that Protoss have fewer God-like players which is why they are winning fewer tournaments. Nothing to with balance.

I think the reason why protoss can’t win tournament was because the remaining protoss at the round of 4 was better at PvP than PvT or PvZ, because of the overwhelming number of P qualifiers caused in-fighting and opponent advantage, as their opponent only need to practice for 1 match-up.

Protoss is more likely to win the next GSL because the nerfs will reduce the possibility of PvP, that players that are better at non-mirror are more likely to advance.

yay my whining has payed off.

1 Like

Protoss that I think can win GSL: Classic, Stats, Trap.

As much as I hate to say, I think Zest is terribly inconsistent, for the rest, they made a lot of upsets last season, seeing how Patience who took Maru and Inno and then lost in a crappy way lol… and the rest like Hurricane, imo good for reaching Playoffs but I do not see him winning any time soon, Parting did better but still like herO that did not play anything showing ’ I want to win GSL’

Sorry but I think Protoss design has made Protoss players lazy to train harder and it feels like except the ones I mentioned on top. The race has favored P in TvP more than enough last year, if you still cant win in those times then … whose prob

1 Like

It took 4.5 years for Zerg to win a Code S again. I’m sure Protoss will win in less time than that.

I think if we cut out this argument of pure wins by number and look qualitatively at how Protoss are playing, I’d say very little balancing needs to happen. You can make changes that would be healthy for how the game plays, for sure, but overall Protoss players are doing fine.

I think these newest changes are absolutely off-base. Protoss needs changes that make them more fun to interact with or play as, not straight up nerfs. Protoss should be allowed to play in ways outside of deathballing, they should be allowed to showcase their skills.

2 Likes

By which you mean al the protoss nerfs are for the only protoss units who haven’t yet been nerfed in LotV? We’re just missing the DT, the Phoenix, and the Archon now, then I believe literally every protoss unit will have been nerfed.

2 Likes