Community Update - July 1, 2019

Like u r the guy with the most knowledge about the game

Buffing Stimpack will not create new openers, it will further push Terrans into bio and Stim timing attacks. If people can safely transition from a tech-based opener into bio pushes, why not pick a bio-push that hits much earlier instead? Why bother with other openings? Why transition from anything when you can ramp up earlier?

This change might increase Terran winrates in the short run, but in the long run, Protoss and Zerg players will learn to deal with it. Then Terrans will be in the same spot as before - losing their midgame bio army to a lategame army designed to counter it.

1 Like

While warp prism needs a nerf but I think range reduction is the right way to go. I agree with the recall need but most of other changes are terran players being lazy, whiny divas instead of you know adapting.

2 Likes

I dont know why blizzard is taking opinion from streamers like beastyQT. He is not even good in the game.

If tempest AA had splash, Vikings wouldn’t exist

Parabomb needs a bit of a nerf but that’s about it

Doesn´t matter!

Terrans will cry again anyway. Hear my words.

4 Likes

After having more time to think it over, this Stim change does more harm than good in TvP for the following reasons:

1. Bio players already have no problem transitioning into a bio mid game.

2. It encourages more bio play in a match up dominated by bio play to a point where it’s a big reason why Terrans are suffering in the match up since Protoss has the tools to deal with it and know how to deal with it. TvP Mech needs to shine instead of always Bio 24/7.

The only way I could see this Stim change opening things up is if you go stim bio against early Protoss and transition into Mech. But the odds of players doing that or figuring that out is low.

Overall, this Stim change will do more harm than good for the TvX match ups.

4 Likes

Overall good changes but I will add what else seems wrong in design

2-1-1 back?

It is weird that this is considered a solution to Terran economy, otherwise it is a nice change but im not sure it is targeting the improvement of terran economy.

A possible change (because MULE buffs would make them too strong for all-ins) is
decreasing Command Center cost by 50 or 100 minerals?
It would allow for more mineral for either the army or a 3rd base which may put Terran more even to Z and P in terms of 3 bases.

of course a buff feels good, but is there anyone who complains that EMP is not enough? I think anyone with Ghosts EMPs plenty of area, the problem comes with newer Templars that have the energy to cast few extra storms. It may help vs storms but I’m not sure if this is pro/higher league issue or just low level issue.

Yes… im glad you ack-ned that Recall should give around t he same possibility as MSC not more, right now recall can be used much more… So good change.

Warp Prism change may affect PvZ more but it helps in TvP as well, it might allow for better matchup.

Few things that could be looked into for Terran:
Thor is used as the god mode of Anti-Air, too slow and yet high damage for both splash and single target. Idea: Nerf Thor’s High Impact, or AoE and instead:

Liberator is ofc good for Zoning as Anti-Ground but its AA is lacking. Vikings are good for single shots but again, not very good Anti-Air if not in larger numbers or to counter Splash.

Give either an opportunity for better AA splash - at the cost of Thor nerf? Either an upgrade of Viking or Liberator's Ballistic Missiles upgrade to buff its AA too?

Can nerf Viking Assault Mode to improve its anti-air

I think Thor being the only good Anti-Air instead of any of the air units makes it weird. This unit is not fun to use, Lib was supposed to be like Valkyrie’s AA not?

That’s all, certainly not bad changes for TvP.

1 Like

The original design of the Tempest had that, but was quickly changed.

The only place carriers are unstoppable is in bronze league.

Plus infested terrans have been the root of why late game pvz and pvp is so hard but you’re complaining about the nerf not being enough

In what universe is it fair to have free units decimate capital ships?

2 Likes

Yes please - It’s too reliable for the Z, and SH is just obnoxious.

Implement these changes in the next patch. You’ve struck gold with these Balance Team.

I suspect you will also have a couple of good balance changes in the set that is coming out on the 15th. This means you should take the “best of both worlds” and combine the best changes from both into one really good balance update.

Scrap the Stim change and the Warp Prism change. Stim is going to break many things and the Warp Prism change simply doesn’t solve the real problems(pick up range and also the fact that in deploy mode it can still pick up and carry units) with it and what the nerf to the WP does is heavily impact the ability for Protoss to harass Zerg.

Both these changes are going to cause serious problems and that is why so much feedback is against them while the other changes in this set are praised and no one really has any issues with them.

2 Likes

SH design is the main problem, not the Nydus.

1 Like

It’s like infestor but dosent shoot up

Well I wish they would reach out to me since I would love to work on SC2 and I know some really great balance changes that could and should be implemented without breaking balance or match ups.

Even have a mod called “Better Game Balance” which I’ve been working on for months.

Dear balance team, it seems to me that you share with other players the concerns about the TvP match up. I am one of those persons who agree about T feeling to be forced going bio against P; this has the double pitfall of making T predictable AND the matchup boring to view on esports circuits.
Maru started a possible revolution by pinpointing to mech as an alternative against protoss (you’re change of the cyclone was probably a smartful decision looking now at it). Why don’t you try to encourage the new mech style against P?
Thanks for your efforts.

3 Likes

SH’s would be more like the Carrier, except locust waves don’t cost a thing. Also IT’s are limited by energy and have limited range. Locust don’t cost energy and have a range of 25.

Once again the brainiac term “free units”. No, they are not free. They cost energy. Yes, that’s the thing that you cast Storms for. Yes, that’s the thing that you cast FF’s for. Should I go on or you got it? Infested terrans are just another spell.

I would be absolutely willing to give up IT in exchange for storm. Cos you know, “free killing field for 80 dmg” is unfair… now how stupid would that sound?

When I said infestor, I meant the free unit part. Why not make spawn locusts cost 10 minerals per SH

When I said infestor, I meant the free unit part. Why not make spawn locusts cost 10 minerals per SH

Problem with that is Locust are temporary and unlike Carriers, SH don’t have a “hanger” to fill with Locust.