Tell me the P counter to mass mech

I would love to hear the P counter, unit composition wise, to any of the following:

• Comp 1: 200/200 Thor/Tank/Hellion
  • Comp 2: 200/200 Thor/BC/Hellion
  • Comp 3: 200/200 Thor/Tank/BC
  • Comp 4: Any of comp 1-3 with some quantity of Mine and/or Cyclone thrown in

I’ll wait; and no, “don’t let them get there” is not an answer.

Moderator: Using words like “dev” to call attention to your post is a violation of the forum rules.

2 Likes

I…I don’t know. But I can show you how to win mech. It’s the most stupid strategy in my mind. Give me five minutes. I must search for the answer replay from my ‘SC2replaystats’.
It’s last year’s replay. The strategy still suits you to counter mech Terran because their multiline attack ability is low. And they can’t control well their army. Just like major can’t control well MM army.
https://drop.sc/replay/13656530

And I have more replays about counter mech. If you need them, I will post them.
I can win faster if I use stalkers. But I want to tell him: Your strategy is not useful. No chance! NO!!! When you meet me!
So… You know. Mech is not easy to counter for diamond Protoss. I hate this strategy, I don’t want him to use again( like cheeser). So I must let him use all the methods. All the methods he can imagine. And told him: it’s not useful.
Let him go into despair and give up the strategy.
I like the feeling. I’m sure if he didn’t leave the game, I will build 100 batteries around his fourth base. I just control the situation, let him thought, let him imagined, give him a little hope, and told him: Mech is stupid, can’t win.
I’m Korean style Protoss, my tutor is Stats, I can’t lose to mech.
Sorry, I’m badass when my opponents use dirty strategy and cheese strategy.

I like the feeling. When mini-major face mini-Stats and fall into despair. He is not greenhand.

It’s been years and years and no pro can tell you how to beat broodlord, viper, corruptor. The balance team is pretty good, given they never try to buff any Toss things. Clearly they know how to beat that, too. Imagine if their contracts didn’t prevent them from playing in tournaments. Oh, thank god that they use their supreme knowledge for good instead of clowning on serral every tournament.

5 Likes

“Make protoss. Roll face across keyboard. Oh, and ‘just scout’.” - Terrans.

6 Likes

But you need Walkthrough Video even you play DOOM, anthem or any other games. This is my routine for playing a game. Walkthrough Video gives you some useful advice. The pro player just receives Blizzard money and makes a walkthrough video, I think.

And I think it’s a good idea to cancel WCS. I don’t care about tournaments. If Blizzard can focus on making Diablo 4 or something interesting about Starcraft 2 such as co-op mission, new commander, new story. It’s good. I don’t care how much money Stats can earn every year. I just want to watch his stream. And I don’t care where he will stream. Feel sad to see he doesn’t stream more after he joined afreecaTV team. I watch his stream and learn the strategy of his every night when I’m in bed but he reduces streaming time. Why? I guess he wants to win. Want more money. He doesn’t want anyone to know his strategy. It’s good for him to beat Maru or Serral. So sad!

If you know "仙剑奇侠传” ( Chinese paladin, a video from 20 years ago, just google it. I don’t want to explain more.) I watched walkthrough information of Chinese paladin from the magazine and learned how to play it. Now I watch Anthem walkthrough video from youtube.

And I like playing games in HELL difficulty. I always chose the highest difficulty. I learn the strategy of Stats because his strategy is the hell difficulty and serral too. If they can keep streaming to teach me how to win in the hell difficulty, I think tournament is not essential. If Stats didn’t play this game anymore, sorry, I’m not mental retardation. New players will teach me.

I never worship any pro players. I worship the strategy of Stats. And I think Blizzard is the grandmaster of RTS. I want more interesting things about RTS. Did you think the men who are 26 years old will worship a starcraft 2 pro player? What an idiot behavior! I worship Bill gates, he has much money!!! Money!!! Yeah!!! I worship him!!! Money~Money ~Money~

Carrier

Carrier

Carrier and Tempest, but since your opponent has a more expensive army you actually have to use some positioning.

See above plus a few disruptors.

1. and this is most important:

Stop whining and try to actually play better.

5 Likes

Or just spam chargelot stalker archon over and over and take the entire map

1 Like

Yeah this is the way. Also sprinkle in some speedprisms for maximim devastation. Works 100%

1 Like

Comp 1: Immortal/Sentry/Void Ray
Comp 2: Immortal/Stalker/Void Ray
Comp 3: Immortal/Void Ray
Comp4: Immortal/Stalker/Disruptor

Yes, the counter are not good enough, but they are there. The constant nerfs to P have taken their toll, Terran just wants to win, no matter the cost, even if it kills the game.

Carrier vs Thor or Cyclone? Very brave!
I see you like to go down in glorious, overly-expensive, cost-ineffective flames.

6 Likes

Chargelots are a meme, they cannot even counter Bio now, much less mech.

I also would like to know how you spam Stalkerts and HTs or DTs (Archons come from those) while Terran keeps droping for assured Probe kills, and how many bases you would have to secure to be able to afford such a Gas-heavy army.

1 Like

One zergling sucks at fighting. 50 zerglings make archons run away

One zealot does nothing. 50 zealots make terran tears acidic enough to raise the pH of the earth’s oceans to 1.3

The point isn’t to be cost efficient, its to put more protoss units in terran bases than scvs

Comp 1: 200/200 Thor/Tank/Hellion

distruptors carriers and gg

Comp 2: 200/200 Thor/BC/Hellion

distruptors tempests and GG

Comp 3: 200/200 Thor/Tank/BC

no hellion? even easier, distruptors ZEALOTS tempests and GG

Comp 4: Any of comp 1-3 with some quantity of Mine and/or Cyclone thrown in

I don’t know what game it is but… zealots and distruptors must be there in every composition you said, and with marines and cyclone you can add high templars for storm, or colossus for more splash damage

1 Like

Which you cannot actually do.

Disruptors are awful vs Mech. They need a clear line of fire, which is almost impossible to achieve, and do not do kill damage vs mech.

I’ve played that composition. Supposing you’re a passive 200/200 protoss or that you took too much damage on midgame harass, so that you can’t go for the easier options (which is to deny terran B3 or outright kill him on a warpprism timing), you can also choose to accept the lategame. As a mech player, he’ll be relatively slow, and with that composition will be focused on setting a strong defensive perimeter on his first 3 bases. You can just let him do that and :

1. Take more bases (like B5-B6 while he’s saturating his third), and make enough photons so that hellions BF aren’t cost effective anymore

2. Transition to a tempest carrier disruptor composition

3. Poke the tanks (or liberators) with the tempests. He’ll bring forward his thors or cyclones to retaliate, which will make them easy prey for your disruptor novas.

4. Once the thors numbers have been softened enough, just aclic with all your air. He’ll unsiege the tanks, at which point you can just aclic your chargelot archons

5. GG

Note that this approach requires way more micro than the usual, as you can’t just aclic him once he’s reached his 200/200 mech composition. As a protoss, you have way more options, which are significantly easier to setup.

Blink stalker tempest + photons at home.

If you’ve let him reach a thor BC composition then it’s that you’ve really slept over your screen during 10 minutes after reaching your own 200/200.

Anyway, that composition can answer to a protoss deathball head-on, but is incredibly slow and long to setup. Just runby 20 zealots alternatively on his B3 or B4. The moment for him to get there (specially once he’ll have used his teleport), either all the SCVs will be dead if it’s an OC, either the SCVs plus the base if it’s a PF.

I never reached that composition as a terran, but I think just adding more chargelots and voidrays to tempest carrier disruptor, and doing the same poking game with the tempest would do the trick once the final aclic will come. But seriously, if you’ve let him mine on his B4 with a composition like that, it’s that you’ve taken vacations during half of the game.

Oh but it is. The problem with mass air terran composition is surviving till you’ve saturated you B3. There are so much things you would die to depending on your faster commitment on lategame units (thor/BCs) ; that a protoss or zerg player could outright choose to kill you beforehand. Regarding P :

• Just use a standard zealot stalker gateball with immortals and/or archons, and either destroy or deny his B3.
  • Kill him with prism zealot immortal (microed with the prism) timing beforehand
  • Destroy his economy with a prism charge timing (B3 on your side while the prism is travelling)
  • Wait until he has to B4 or B5, and then push with your army where his tanks aren’t sieged (on his B5 if they defend the B4, on the B4 if he goes to defend the B5. Meanwhile take progressively the whole map. He’ll starve sooner or later, and start not to have enough to compensate his losses.

Both races can rather choose to accept the lategame, but while zerg’s lategame will be rather easy to manage once reached, managing a tempest carrier disruptor chargelot composition requires significantly more micro than just aclicking the terran during a weak timing. So, why bother ?

2 Likes

disruptors are the main reason thors are rarely used in TvP, with their mobility you cannot avoid purification nova 'cause they’re as slow as snails

1 Like

Disruptors do work vs Thors, but Cyclones and Tanks trump them real hard.

Disruption Novas also do not do that much damage vs Thors, and you can always just MULE drop for instant fast repairs.

This thread is hilarious. Carriers vs Thors? LOL. Blink Stalker/Tempest vs Thor/BC/Tank; wtf? LOL. Have you guys actually played this game? Regarding strategy, I gave simple instructions; I want UNIT COMPOSITIONS THAT BEAT THE ONES I POSTED IN A FIGHT, not strategy ideas like “take the map and deny his fourth”. I don’t want to hear “don’t let him get there”, I’m asking for compositions that beat what I posted in a heads up fight; if there are none you concede my point.