Starcraft 2 is saying battle net is down [Main Thread]

please help fix this issue as my friends are playing fine but just me having this temporary outage issues. Thanks

It isn’t exactly temporary yet. It has been going on for 3 days now, no fix in sight and this is quote from blizz support staff from yesterday…

“Sorry to hear that you are unable to log into the US region in Starcraft II! We have received several reports about this from other players and our technicians are currently investigating the issue. It does not affect all players, but our technicians were able to reproduce the issue and a solution is being worked on. The servers in the US region should be available again shortly, we are very sorry for the inconvenience.”
Regards,

Gamemaster Gronnfindel
Gamemaster Team
Blizzard Entertainment Europe

so…

Fair point, my first login in well over a year but there were 2 business days going on here. I was able to get into SC and play a quick game so THAT system is working. Still, it seems as this is an older property and not not as active as their others but I have seen posts for people doing crazy stuff hoping to find a workaround.

2 Likes

It’s still happening to me. I haven’t logged in in months, however I have uninstalled both SC2 and Battlenet, but the issue is still occuring.

I have a buddy who made a new account with similar results. We tried the alt tabbing tip, reinstalling, nada.

I myself have been getting in fine, I’m on west coast, I believe he’s more central/east. Wonder if a particular relay hub/junction/thingy is down, and people who don’t route to it are fine.

1 Like

This is useful, I wonder if I fireup the VPN and connect via west coast it would help???

Tried out of Los Angeles, no beans.

So trying to play from Chile and a day later we still can’t play. When can we expect a solution?

Still not working from Indonesia, still seeing the same auth issue on US server :frowning:

Adding my voice to this also, came back to get my SC2 fix only to be disappointed hope it’s fixed soon.

1 Like

I’m on west coast not working for me.

I’m on the west coast as well and it works for me, but my son is having problems connecting to the us servers, so it does appear to just be an account problem.

1 Like

Just wanted to add that I too am a returning player, connected to the US region and I am receiving the error message. I can also confirm that the alt-tab trick worked for me on Windows 10, in order receive the offline play prompt, as otherwise, it’ll just give me a connection error and dump me to a login prompt.

America down. EU and Asia ok, but have to create new profiles.

Still can not log in. Major frustration.

Sadly, still not working.

So still no word or update on this? its been 3+ days now, I haven’t played in about a year, a friend said they were interested in trying it out and so we downloaded, now we cant even play?

2 Likes

Looks like not the only one here on the US west cost. The blizzard twatter account isn’t much help on what’s going on either. Interesting.

Having the same issue :confused:

I have been having the same issue… I changed my email for my account and was able to log in and play the game, but all my accomplishments were reset. all my stats and coop missions were back to day zero. not sure if this helps anyone.