Show prestige choice on the loading scene

Not a must have or a big deal. But it be nice to have the player’s prestige choice displayed on the loading screen, and more importantly be able to see your ally’s choice.

For instance I might approach DoN differently if l’m paired with an Architect of War Karax or a Templar Apparent Karax.

I think this would be optimal if it can be done in the future.

14 Likes

I’d brought it up in the PTR forum as well, but I think that even just giving the chosen Talent as a title under the CO’s name would be excellent.

3 Likes

Maguro also brought this up and so did lot of other people.
I’m sure @Devs will implement them in the next patch in the next 2 weeks or so.

No, the OP meant showing in the loading screen. Not in-game

Chosen prestige of both players is shown in-game.

Bottom right hand corner

3 Likes

For Zagara’s P1 (Scourge Queen), have a note pad that says “on maternity leave”.

For Abby’s P1 (Essence Hoarder), a wooden sign that says “Ultimate Spring Break Evolution!!”

If you do show the name, perhaps a mouseover text to describe the dis/advantages

2 Likes

I genuinely don’t understand why people want to see prestige on the loading screen when it’s already on the right in-game. Every single game starts with at least 1 minute of chill downtime, which is plenty to look at you and your ally’s prestiges and work around them. It already has all the information you need: getting it a minute earlier? Who cares?

6 Likes

Yeah, what’s the difference between at the very start of the game and the loading screen? Are you deliberating on how vastly different your strategy will be depending on your ally’s prestige during that time versus just hovering over their icon at the beginning, when you’re both just making workers?

I’m not sure having this feature is useful. The in-game implementation (like M’s custom maps) make sense since you can use it with random queue.

If you are in the loading screen and want to see your partner’s prestige choice, then why not just type and ask? Otherwise, if you are random matchmaking with strangers, this feature would serve no purpose.

I don’t know, maybe I’m missing something.

As mentioned not useful because of in game info.

What would be good is the ability to change Prestige (and Mastery?) in the loading screen (once you know your map/mutations if Brutal+/commander if random commander)

2 Likes

It’s more like a aesthetic purposes it’s not terribly necessary but it’s good to have.
It’s like at the start of a game in League of Legend, you get to peek at other opponent’s summoner spell in the loading screen (For SC2, this is relatively unnecessary).

Actually it would be also nice if you can see enemy composition in loading screen (that you can survey with mouse).

If the developers can implement them some of us will be obliged.

There are problems however, mostly server issues to connect others with other. There could be an option to let you choose your mastery when your loading screen is finished but some people will dislike them because they already chose their mastery/prestige and won’t like obligatory mastery/prestige choose options right before the mission starts.

1 Like

Blizzard is very much enamored with their sit-and-stare loading screens. I don’t think that’s going to change any time soon. Really wish they would experiment with alternatives, but I’m guessing it’s baked into their engines.

2 Likes

Me.
And apparently I’m not alone.

2 Likes

2010 Engine is hard to modify, To be honest them giving this much attention even in 2020 is noteworthy.

Or they are afraid they might cause a bug or even a crash if they implement them.
Prestige patch caused some bugs, so same may happen.

1 Like

I didn’t realize you could see it in game, it’s not as important for me then, as it was when I made my original post.

It’s cause personally I don’t like having it in game. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Very much a nitpick, if they let me right-click dismiss it like in the campaign that’d be just as good a “fix” but it’s in no way a deal breaker as is.

Those faces, just staring at me… Judging me in absolutely no way…

4 Likes

I think you mean judging you in absolutely every way.

Not an awful idea, being able to click to dismiss the little icons on the right.

1 Like

The therapist in my head tells me their comments are merely words of encouragement.

1 Like

I suggested the same, but also want Masteries displayed on the loading screen. (That’s before I played on PTR and I wasn’t aware Prestige is shown at the bottom-right in-game.) I suppose in-game is okay but show masteries somewhere and not require a replay analysis script to see it.

Ideally, you’d be able to choose your Mastery (like on MM maps) and your Prestige after the mission loads, and you know what mutations you have. I guess we can’t do it after knowing the enemy comp since that requires getting attacked and hit by the enemy at least once - but that really does change things for some CO’s. (Raynor’s beefed up bio units and no mules seems pointless against mech; or against Immortal, Reaver, Disruptor, for example.)

1 Like

I was wondering about those. I guess in a typical Mutation game, you’ll have up to 6 boxes… 2 for each CO’s Prestige, up to 3 mutators, and 1 for enemy comp. However, with those in play, may as well put what level the players are on. I usually don’t care, as sometimes I end up figuring it out in-game, but it’s one of those “trivial, but fun things”.

Yeah, this would be the better option, for all icons. Even enemy composition and mutators, if you already know what they are. The clunky HUD takes up so much screen space as it is, and Blizzard refuses to let me enjoy my ultrawide monitor in non-competitive play. :frowning: