Show prestige choice on the loading scene

Competetive or not doesn’t matter in every discussion, it’s all in the one’s head. Sure such alot of space taken by icons is a problem, and to addition it burdens video-card with unnecessary operations of drawing these boxes each frame which is not very good too.

No. That’s trivial GPU usage, compared to rendering even a single worker. These are 2-d boxes with no effects, apart from a hover, which every unit has for its info box.

Boxes are not trivial, they are drawed after all things were made, and highly possible that they aren’t drawn with using optimized methods. Ofc I can’t state to know that for sure.

The entire graphics engine needs to be optimized.

Comparing the overhead of static icons on an outdated engine is a bit like saying don’t eat before getting in an old car, coz the extra weight of the food will slow down the car. It’s not “nothing” but it’s not a comparable issue to fix/avoid.

What? I mentioned competitive in regards to ultrawide resolution, not the HUD.

I don’t think it’s outdated. Most of the new games with “not-outdated” engines don’t provide really better picture to resource usage ratio, because they are non-optimized too. And probably in worse ways. I saw how these overlays (boxes and all) make more weight than it seemed on other engines, maybe sc2 engine is not the case ofc.

Totally agree. Competetive is not the point here.

I like the idea of it being in the loading screen if it means we get less terrible art for the commander portraits. Those load in visuals are awful.