SC2 fatal error upon launching game

A post was split to a new topic: Tzatza - Crash Issue

A post was split to a new topic: DragonSoul - Crash Issue

pastebin(dot)com/iaYFXygT

I believed i did it right. But correct me if i am wrong. Thank you for your patience and help!

any update on what the issue may be? pleasee D= i wanna playyy

Heya Antonio,

Sorry for the delay on this - it looks like we missed your reply. I checked that DXDiag and I think I know what’s up. Your intel HD 4600 graphics drivers are super old. Probably they just need to be updated.

Hey There… I am having a similar problem - but I am running on Mac OS. I launch the game through the battle.net app and the tool bar shows the SC2 icon come up… bounces a few times… and then stops. I really miss playing the game… I have tried to scan/repair as well as deleting the application entirely and nothing seems to help. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help you can render.

3 Likes

I also have a macintosh and have been experiencing the same issue since July. I’ve just played other games. I hoped that the system upgrade would fix whatever problem is causing the error due to drivers, etc. but that hasn’t been the case.

I would really appreciate customer service help with this

Same issue code 7479FB40-7FD6-495D-A37F-BD95AA7232E1 The game just dont start and keep making that error

thank you! i will update my driver and try again! will keep you updated!

hey there I am having the same problem. I cant seem to fix it I have installed and uninstalled and did not help. would very much like to play.

same issue for me, any fix for this ?

Same issue on Mac OS. Don’t tell me I need to ‘update my superold driver’. :smiley:

Very similar issue with me. From Battle net I select Play and then get message “SC2 quit unexpectedly”. This is with macOS Mohave version 10.14.6 on a 2017 iMac Retina 5k with a 4.2 GHZ Core i7 32 GB with Radeon Pro 580 8 GB. Selecting “Report…” dialog box shows a whole bunch but when I try to copy it here they say I’m posting a link and can’t. Here’s some highlights from the Report I can add: Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
__cxa_guard_acquire detected deadlock
abort() called

For MacOS folks, we have a dedicated Mac Technical Support forums here. For quit unexpectedly crashes, please refer to this post. There is currently known issues with Catalina and Radeon graphics on this forum thread here.

If the system is not on Catalina or has Radeon graphics, I provide some additional steps on the post here, but please create a new thread under the Mac Technical Support forums, if this post is not relevant.

i have updated all my drivers but i still get the fatal error code

same. game won’t launch. help pls.

Having the same issue as well. Have tried:

1. Uninstalling (cleared all program files) & reinstalling
  2. Completely new install on a new mac
  3. Uninstall (cleared all program files), update to latest OS and drivers reinstall

All did not work

anyone had a resolve?? 20.06.2021

Hello. I had this problem for a while, and I think I might have found the solution:
You’re missing the Media Feature Pack for Windows.

Hold the Windows key and push Pause (above Page Up). Are you running a Windows 10\11 N version? The N indicates it’s an installation without the Media Pack, since EU decided it should be possible to install Windows without having media features forced on you.

Open the Settings application, go to Apps or Apps and Features. Look for the Optional Features in there. You should be able to add an optional feature. Do that. Look for the Windows Media Pack. After it has installed you’ll need a reboot. There. All done.

1 Like