SC2 fatal error upon launching game

Hey there everyone.
i recently tried launching Starcraft 2 and have this continuing issue where the game will not launch. The fatal error message pops up, and was given this code

BFAF7AA0-CFBE-494B-9537-486373317446

I have already tried to reinstall starcraft2 and blizzard once before. It did not help me in this situation. I have also tried to go into my firewall and unblock starcraft 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated!.

that is likely caused by a program affecting the game. just try to disable all programs that is not a part of windows. that might include gpu based ones(amd or nvidia software).

Hey antonio,

Lets try deleting the Starcraft 2 folder inside of the user profile’s documents folder. That’s where settings and such are saved so it should just re-create itself next time you launch the game.

Let us know if this works for you!

1 Like

same here been having this problem for quite a while now my latest code is 666322FA-68F9-4444-8007-8C1966A8EFF2 update still having the same issue new codeE9B50D3B-DBFC-4E17-949E-EE5ECEE63AA1 don’t know what to do im dying its been over a month now

hey there,

thanks for your support, much appreciated. I tried doing what you told me to try.
it did not work unfortunately. It is very odd how it just happened out of the blue.
Before i played with no issues.

i’m also having this same problem.

179A682C-1897-46BD-A4D0-D3B68BCFFD71

OMG this is fantastic. Thank you. I have tried sooo many things to get my game to start and it would not work. This worked perfectly. Thank you.

bump. issue still not resolved =( really want to play

Hey there,

Lets go ahead and grab a DxDiag so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

A post was split to a new topic: Tzatza - Crash Issue

A post was split to a new topic: DragonSoul - Crash Issue

pastebin(dot)com/iaYFXygT

I believed i did it right. But correct me if i am wrong. Thank you for your patience and help!

any update on what the issue may be? pleasee D= i wanna playyy

Heya Antonio,

Sorry for the delay on this - it looks like we missed your reply. I checked that DXDiag and I think I know what’s up. Your intel HD 4600 graphics drivers are super old. Probably they just need to be updated.

Hey There… I am having a similar problem - but I am running on Mac OS. I launch the game through the battle.net app and the tool bar shows the SC2 icon come up… bounces a few times… and then stops. I really miss playing the game… I have tried to scan/repair as well as deleting the application entirely and nothing seems to help. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help you can render.

3 Likes

I also have a macintosh and have been experiencing the same issue since July. I’ve just played other games. I hoped that the system upgrade would fix whatever problem is causing the error due to drivers, etc. but that hasn’t been the case.

I would really appreciate customer service help with this

Same issue code 7479FB40-7FD6-495D-A37F-BD95AA7232E1 The game just dont start and keep making that error

thank you! i will update my driver and try again! will keep you updated!

hey there I am having the same problem. I cant seem to fix it I have installed and uninstalled and did not help. would very much like to play.

same issue for me, any fix for this ?