OFFLINE vs. AI broken after patch 5.0

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! and I always loved to play this game offline… PLEASE BLIZZARD HELP

1 Like

Have the same issue.
Also if you continue the game after victory the game speed is normal and not “faster” its disregarding the map setting before the game. also before starting an offline match the locked alliances drop down does not work. Seems like Patch 5.0 really stuffed it up.

1 Like

Open the game and choose from the game>Battle>Create an offline room>Choose to join the AI>Start the game>After the countdown, you will win directly, and the race you have chosen will also jump randomly. The Zerg will become the Protoss, and the Protoss will become human. , There is no enemy on the opposite side, the AI is broken??? This is what happened after the update. Please take care of it, thank you

2 Likes

I’ve experienced this same issue. 5.0 patch has ruined this game for those of us who enjoy single player.

4 Likes

Pretty surprising we’re this far along without any fixes or acknowledgement. I wish they would have left well enough alone until the 5.0 patch was truly ready and would not “inadvertently” create a game-killing bug.

1 Like

OFFLINE MELEE GAME vs AI no longer works - results in immediate Victory

Problem:
After trying to play MELEE against an A.I. thru a downloaded OFFLINE GAME , the game countdown starts but immediately gives the player an automatic Victory which makes any offline map unplayable. Another thing noticed is that NO A.I. is displayed or added when the map start screen loads which may be reason why the offline games gives an automatic victory.

This is not an internet , connection or corrupt downloaded starcraft copy issue since campaign and other part of the game work fine.

Issue Started:
After 5.0.0 Patch this problem came up and wasn’t present before

3 Likes

bllizzard fix this damn bug!.. cannot pplay offline game…

1 Like

Hey all,

Since this is the most replied to thread on the subject, I just wanted to leave this here for everyone.

An acknowledgement from Bliz over in the Technical Support forum:

5 Likes

maybe this is a test and they want to see how much player support for offline there actually might be. I mean it is offline so how would they track us if we rarely login?

Wanted to add for the support triage team that this is a major issue for those of us that like to practice offline due to having high network latency. +1 for a quick fix please! Thanks :smile:

2 Likes

Offline play is out for me as we as online play since the new patch. Tried reinstall but still nothing works. Get a prompt that says bnet is maintenance and to try agian later. Also says xx-07 instead of Americas. Anyone else with this problem?

1 Like

This is a different bug, I think. Close SC2, open your SC2 directory and rename “StarCraft II Public Test.exe” to anything else, then re-launch SC2 from the battle.net launcher.

Thank you. It appeared to half work. But online play is still unavailable for me, servers must be down or overloaded in my area, as well as the maintenance they must be doing. Ill try playing online another time. :+1:

1 Like

If you are aware of any other fixes perhaps, please let me know. Thank you. :+1:

1 Like

Looks like it automatically loads a victory screen. This patch seems a little buggy. Hope the fix it soon. Thanks for the help anyways. :+1:

2 Likes

Yep that’s the bug we’re discussing here. None of the settings for the custom game are loaded: no opponent, no game speed setting (it’s defaulting to slow), no team colors, no race selection, etc. Here’s hoping we can get back to our latency-free practice sessions soon :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Thanks, Leviathan. Good news that they’ve acknowledged it.

1 Like

I confirm this issue.

2 Likes

when is this going to be fixed? I miss a my nightly Zerg smashing!

1 Like

I hope this gets fixed soon.

1 Like