Mastery XP Bug: Should Blizzard Compensate Players?

Got already extended for 10 days.

3 Likes

All of you who think that I’m the weird one because I find it better to move on and enjoy life rather than dwell and complain, good luck with life.

Nobody said anything about not moving on, and nobody called you weird. In fact, I took your side and also now agree this is won and pointless. So idk why you’re coming back here to fire shots.

They are fixin’ the issue, extending the Warchest and Mengsk Bundle Stimpacks as well as introducing the holiday season EXP boost earlier thsn intended. So now y’all can calm down.

1 Like

And I hope you’re thankful too.

Has Mengsk stim been extended also? I thought that was just warchest.

What is the holiday season xp boost? I only recall the next warchest season being introduced around x-mas time.

Although if the xp bug is still active then it’s kind of futile to play currently.

I am. Thanks, Bashiok

Yes, it has. Here’s the part about the Holiday EXP boost:

Holiday Bonus
We will be turning on our Holiday Bonus XP earlier than initially planned. We will be running a period of 100% Holiday Bonus XP starting tomorrow, December 6th, PST and going through January 1st, PST.

The thread is in General Discussion if you wanna have a look-see.

Just saw it now, thx. Not sure how I missed it when I checked 20min ago but on my phone currently.

The extension to warchest and Mengsk + this holiday thing seems more than fair and what I was expecting if they could not credit back all the games played for past 10 days.
People won’t get their levels back instantly but will at least be able to earn them again at a much quicker rate starting tomorrow.
Looks like they intend to fix the XP bug later today as well.

1 Like

Oof pulling the entitled gamers card?

Lmao being dismissive of the dismissive comment YOU made? Real mature bro. No one asked you to call everyone mad at this bug entitled gamers.

You’re welcome. They did good and came through for us at the end, props for 'em.

2 Likes

Woohoo!

This is indeed good news.

How about mutation? If I’ve already cleared it for this week BEFORE the bug was fixed, can that get reset? Meaning I should be able to earn it again now that it’s fixed. That’s like 300k+ xp im missing with the holiday bonus.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d really like that.

FINALLY someone who thinks like me. I couldn’t give two sh1ts about the xp - I’m way past 90 so it literally changes nothing.

There were a bunch of people in the in-game chat refusing to play (brutation especially) because the wouldn’t get any xp, which seems kind of twisted to me. I play this game to relax/have fun, not to farm xp and get to 1000 asap.

1 Like

Achievements and level may mean nothing after level 90, but even superficial displays of progress and success can go a long way in motivating someone, and to take them away can have a drastic effect. How many children did anything and everything to please their parents or teachers in order to get a gold star?

Blizzard’s compensation for the bug is very satisfactory. While the bug making it to the live build is a little questionable (signs of the SQA department being gutted or overstretched) I applaud them for extending the bonuses and introducing the holiday bonus early.

I wouldn’t use childhood obsessions as an argument here,
Regardless, Blizzard chose to be nice and I applaud them for that.
Just don’t take them for granted.

I too play for fun, not really XP since I’m at Ascension. However, do note that we’re a large enough community that people have fun in their own ways… for some absolutely no CoD. Others, maps must be less than 20 minutes. Yet others, maps should be longer than 20. Some, they don’t mind carrying. Others, it should be 50/50 in effort. Etc.

Case in point is we have people who think Zeratul’s just fine (so no nerf please), to those who think he’s broken, and everything in between.