[Main Thread] Version Mismatch, Region XX-07, Battle.net is Down for Maintenance - Can't Play or Login after Patch 5.0.0

After a few years I deleted game, I have tried to started. I thought I couldn’t buy some co-op commanders. I can complete whole story again. Also, I insist to start this game to my friend. It worked years without problem. But as a 10 years gift, you broke the game which is working fine.

Having this issue too. Seems a little weird that an update is causing so many problems. Does deleting the recommended file have any impact in the long run?

its been 17 days, i still cant play, resintalled, beta, and removed folders, nothing is working…

Game progress is generally saved on our servers minus any local save files you may have created over the years. It should be safe to delete most folders but be sure to have the Battle.net app run a repair before trying to play if anything was deleted. It should reinstall any necessary files.

Let us know how things go!

When i log into starcraft 2 it is alway saying its down for maintenance this has been going on for a month now, there must be some kind of problem with the game

I have posted a solution here:

Somehow the game “thinks” it is in test server mode

Hey guys,
if you get this strange error too:

• On login the shown Version at the lower left shows PTR at the end
  • You try to login and get a “battle.net not reachable, is in maintenance”
    => so you can not login at all

Solution:

• Go to your launcher
  • Select StarCraft II
  • Click on Options and select “Show in Explorer”
  • Select the StarCraft II folder and show its content in the explorer
  • Solution Step : Rename the “StarCraft II Public Test.exe” to “BU_StarCraft II Public Test.exe”
  • Start StarCraft II using your launcher now

If this might not work you can just rename “BU_StarCraft II Public Test.exe” back to “StarCraft II Public Test.exe”. But it worked for me.

Enjoy and have fun. Don’t reinstall SC II.

Greetings

Here is how I fixed it. I assumed that windows didn’t start the update because the battle net app was not set to “Launch Battle.net when you start your computer”. I have seen this in windows before where it will not start an update if this setting is not on. So try this, if it doesn’t work I don’t know what to tell you.

1. go to settings in the battle.net app
  2. general > tick the “Launch Battle.net when you start your computer.”
  3. restart computer > don’t power off and then turn on because it may not commit the new setting to memory.
  4. The app should automatically start and open on your desktop and automatically start the update.

Cheers. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello,
Deleting the SCII Public Test file worked for me. Thanks!!!

How do you find the Public Test.exe for Starcraft 2? I am having the same issue.

I appear to be having the same issue, and it appears from multiple sources that removing the Public Test.exe seems to be the answer, can someone guide me as to how to find it?

I appear to not have the Public Test.exe on my computer and still appears to have the same issue

1 Like

I’ve already deleted Public Test.exe from the Recycle Bin permanently, yet I’m still having this issue. Any ideas?

just wondering is anyone else having the blizzard app down for maintenance? just loaded up startcraft 2, and connect launch game bc of maintenance

Hi DozedMenace, thanks for the solution, been breaking my teeth for a couple of hours until I found your post! Much appreciated.

worked also for me, thanks!
in case you don’t know where the folder is located:
open battlenet client > click Blizzard arrow in upper left corner > settings > Game Intall/Update > Folder used for gameplay > starcraft II

This worked for me!! Just delete that file, “StarCraft II Public Test.exe”. Thanks :kissing_heart:

deleting the PTR exec worked for me. The beta switch did NOT work in my case

Thank you, just re-installed on a new PC and this was the fix!

Your link to “Reinstall Starcraft” takes you to a site to reinstall Battle.net not reinstall starcraft.