[Main Thread] Version Mismatch, Region XX-07, Battle.net is Down for Maintenance - Can't Play or Login after Patch 5.0.0

I appear to be having the same issue, and it appears from multiple sources that removing the Public Test.exe seems to be the answer, can someone guide me as to how to find it?

I appear to not have the Public Test.exe on my computer and still appears to have the same issue

1 Like

I’ve already deleted Public Test.exe from the Recycle Bin permanently, yet I’m still having this issue. Any ideas?

just wondering is anyone else having the blizzard app down for maintenance? just loaded up startcraft 2, and connect launch game bc of maintenance

Hi DozedMenace, thanks for the solution, been breaking my teeth for a couple of hours until I found your post! Much appreciated.

worked also for me, thanks!
in case you don’t know where the folder is located:
open battlenet client > click Blizzard arrow in upper left corner > settings > Game Intall/Update > Folder used for gameplay > starcraft II

This worked for me!! Just delete that file, “StarCraft II Public Test.exe”. Thanks :kissing_heart:

deleting the PTR exec worked for me. The beta switch did NOT work in my case

Thank you, just re-installed on a new PC and this was the fix!

Your link to “Reinstall Starcraft” takes you to a site to reinstall Battle.net not reinstall starcraft.

Wow, that was such as easy fix. Here I was spending weeks attempting to log in over and over again thinking someone hacked my account! Thanks!

Thank you. deleting the starcraft 2 public test did it for me.

Great answer. Thanks.

It drove me crazy with “can’t connect to blizzard servers”. Deleting the “Starcraft II Public Test.exe” solved the case. Was really annoying and searched all forums in regard.

Maybe should Blizzard do a more robust work!

Confirmed Removing Starcraft II Public Test.exe fixed it for me as well. Thanks all.

grazie, problema risolto anche per me

Hadn’t played the game for a year and had the same issue. This worked.

i dont have the PTR executable in the folder , the game just say temporary outage server and dont let me login

Hey Rogelius,

At the moment, there are a couple issues with SC2 that are not related to the PTR executable issue from back in 2020.

Bliz is tracking the current connection issues in this thread. Watch that thread for any updates.