[Main Thread] Version Mismatch, Region XX-07, Battle.net is Down for Maintenance - Can't Play or Login after Patch 5.0.0

You’re using Public Test version of the game. XX-07 region is for PTR.

I never installed the Public test Realm…So how could it be that? And I just checked that…It asked me again if I wanted to install the Public test realm…If you have any
suggestions they are most welcome…thank you Tangor

I have the same problem. XX-07.
I never installed, or tried to access, the Public test realm.
Blizzard updated Starcraft and then I was screwed. Good update gang! Way to go!

1 Like

Exactly…Thanx for Screwing up a game that wasn’t broken Blizzard.

Same problem I try 2 days and same same

What I can do?how I can start play?

Help me I want play today please

I am looking for help too…
I have no idea what to do except to
uninstall the game and keep on re-installing it…
Maybe someone will see my Post and have
some real answers later…I hope so

hi teakwood, i have exactly the same problem, now for several days. i ve contacted techsupport now, maybe accounthack? i ll see soon.

Have The same region issue (xx-07)

I had the same issue! Just uninstall and re-install the game again…worked like a charm

Hey all,

By chance, in your main SC2 folder, in addition to the main Starcraft executable, there a also Starcraft PTR executable in there too?

If so, delete it out and try running the game again.

Quoting Leviathan on this one for emphasis. I have some suspicions this issue is related to another issue we’re investigating. Can you please let us know if there is a PTR executable in your normal Starcraft II folder, and if the steps here work?

Ok went into the SC2 Main folder and there was a Public Test Realm, even though I never downloaded or used it. Deleted the PTR . Same result. Region XX-07 comes up with no password. Entered password. Error message - Battle.net is down for maintenance. Try again later.

Thanks Leviathan. I deleted the Starcraft PTR executable file out and it works. I am now able to login to the Americas region. For some reason after the update it created two executable file.

I have been un-installing and re-installing from my game disk…which is very old…I tried installing SCII from Battlenet and it worked the first time…Try that guys…
I am back online with all my friends…good luck

i tried 5 days!!! same issu xx-07

Thanks Levithan! customer support wasn’t that helpful on this one.
i never d/l the ptc

I don’t understand why I am not able to connect to Online.

I’ve looked around and saw the posts about deleting the “StarCraft II Public Test.exe” files, but it still tells me that Battle.net is down and is under maintenance. When I check my folders, the “StarCraft II Public Test” file appears again. It seems to show up whenever I try to launch the game.

On the log in screen, the bottom left corner says “PTR” after the Version number.

Same thing worked for me. “StarCraft II Public Test.exe” was in same directory as “Starcraft II.exe”. Deleting the public test executable fixed the problem