[Main Thread] Game not loading after clicking Play

Just did a brand new install and am receiving the “Graphics device not available at this time” error message. My graphics device works spectacularly for every other program I run on my machine so I highly doubt it’s actually the problem.

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue. What works for me is the following :slight_smile:
Disconnect your internet connection fully. Start up blizz app offline and launch sc2.

When the game is launched reconnect to the internet and log in with your details.

If i don’t do this i get that error 2:1 stuff.

2 Likes

This worked for me, thanks! It also got rid of the lag.

So It was fine for me at recent night, I was happy it got fixed, but now I got back home and this still happens…
WTF…

Similar issue here, since the update, game take 4-5 minutes to launch, it shows a little window with a green progress bar loading.

Hey, everyone! Thank you for your reports! While our team is investigating this issue, we’d like to gather a bit of information to help look into this issue further. From our tracking, we’ve seen most reports from European connections specifically. Oddly, not everyone runs into this issue, so we’d like to see if there’s any commonalities causing the issue. Could the following details be provided?

• Region:
  • ISP:
  • A WinMTR test ran for 5 to 10 minutes while attempting to launch.

In the mean time, these are not ideal workarounds, but we’ve seen a few things work for this issue.

• Launch the game in Offline Mode.
  • Disable the internet connection and then launch the game. This should allow it to start normally. Once its loaded, reconnect to the internet and login.
  • Wait several minutes to load into the game (around 15 minutes or so).

Thanks again for your reports!

i have had slowdowns myself when starting the game and i live in europe. as for the workarounds: disabling the internet connection is uneccesary. starting starcraft 2 with battle.net in offline mode works just as well. i know because i have tried it but, it was by accident.

This might be NahimicAPI, this service slows down many apps.

Update: For me, what worked was simply starting the game and leting it try to boot for around 5 minutes. Eventually it would boot up. So that was a bit annoying, but I could deal with it.

A few days ago (maybe 3?) It suddenly started working as normal again, so I assumed it had been fixed. I can see some people are still having the problem. I hope y’all resolve it soon :slight_smile:

Idk if this information helps in any way, but there you have it: For me it spontaniously started working as normal again.

1 Like

I downloaded patch from US server and its quite okay now (i still see the window with the green bar but it takes only few seconds instead of minutes to load). Hope it stays like that. :wink:

Still the same error after the patch; graphic device is not available at this time…

Well, after the patch, no big change for me. However, in the afternoon, game loaded in matter of seconds (green loading bar still present). But in the evening, still takes one, or a few minutes

wow, still not working

yeah it happens again today…, wtf guys? Why is it taking so long?

Still going on.

Now I can’t even update to the new version. It’s like Blizzard WANTS me to never play this game again.

Edit: I’ve decided to uninstall. With SC2 being unplayable, the last game from blizzard I will ever play, it’s over. After many years of WC3, SC2, OW, HOTS, I can finally say that I’m done with this failed company. Like all corporations do in the end, they too succumbed to the omnipresent greed, and it corroded the heart of the company into dust.

Farewell, and thanks for all the fish. If by any chance an employee reads this: You’re being exploited. USA is the land where only the rich are free, and they get rich by underpaying poor souls like you, and overworking you to death, without giving you what you fully deserve. Flee.

2 Likes

In device manager, go through and check for updates for everything on your system, one item at a time.

that method rarely works, as windows usually think that the best drivers is already installed, even when they are wrong. if you do update drivers, i suggest visiting the manufacturer of the device you are looking for drivers for(the company that released your pc for motherboard drivers). this problem however is not driver based.

It’s a definate network issue. I sniffed my NIC and found that SC2.exe is trying to connect to a non responding server from port 1120 (Battle.net data transfer).

My solution is very close to the others proposed here:
Open CMD.EXE and run the following command while SC2 starts:

ipconfig /release & ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 & ipconfig /renew

11 Likes

So far we haven’t received much information for this issue. Our team is looking into this issue, but with this mostly happening with EU/Asia connections, we’re gathering more information. Please include the requested data from earlier.

Same issue here. Can’t play