[Main Thread] Game not loading after clicking Play

I tried but i have the same problem. You opened the battle.net launcher befor you did this fix or not?
I tried without the battle.net but still don’t work for me. XD I am sad zerg now.

I literally have the same issue after Installing the new Windows Update my SC2 game wont start anymore it has the white tab with the green loading bar and it keeps loading and loading and never loads the game.Microsoft has sucesfuly ruined my gaming night.

Although i didnt lose hope yet i have one last thing to try suggestion from Seba until Blizzard looks into this issue.

Worst feeling of all its My birthday today and i cant freaking play XD.

This fix doesant work it still shows the green loading bar and never launches.

Since the new update, some people can’t run Starcraft 2. It shows a green progress bar and nothing else. Here’s a fix:

1. Disconnect from the internet
  2. Run StarCraft II\Support64\SC2Switcher_x64.exe
  3. Once the game opens connect to the internet.
  4. Log in
  5. Have fun
    For those who are curious, it has NOTHING to do with the last Windows update. I had this issue, and I don’t have the latest version of Windows 10.
5 Likes

Here’s a fix: FIX FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T OPEN STARCRAFT 2 (2:1 issue)

1 Like

Many thanks mate for the tip but i have hard issues about loading my prifle ect, i think we need to wait an hard fix , but thanks you alot!!! at least is not my pc fault :smiley:

1 Like

this it not fix, it just a improvization. but if work, it ok

1 Like

Well, one has to repeat it each time when launching editor or game. Not really a fix, but always something.

More competent workaround is to blacklist Blizzard’s CDNs in the hosts file:

0.0.0.0 level3.blizzard.com
0.0.0.0 us.cdn.blizzard.com

However, this will also affect Blizzard launcher - you’ll be unable to download any updates with this setup. Editor and SC2 will work fine, so long you’ll launch them directly, without using Blizzard launcher.
https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/modify-your-hosts-file/

edit:
Actually it seems Blizzard launcher doesn’t mind the fact it cannot reach the update servers. It works fine with the launcher as well, you just can’t update SC2 and any other Blizzard games.

Lol this is more of a damage then a workaround.

1 Like

How is the status?
Has it been fixed for anyone here?

no update yet. #20sym

No update, no fix…

hello community,

since a few days starcraft 2 won’t start properly for me.

a loading window appears and from there on, nothing happens.

Anyone got exp with this issue?

greetings

Yes, the same problem

havn’t been able to play for days, everytime i startup the game is says; Graphics device is not available at this time.
installed the newest drivers but still nothing.

While it lasted about 10 min during the weekend to load, it’s almost instant now. I can still see the loading pop-up for a few seconds.

But now the game lags like never before… What’s happening, Blizzard?

Just did a brand new install and am receiving the “Graphics device not available at this time” error message. My graphics device works spectacularly for every other program I run on my machine so I highly doubt it’s actually the problem.

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue. What works for me is the following :slight_smile:
Disconnect your internet connection fully. Start up blizz app offline and launch sc2.

When the game is launched reconnect to the internet and log in with your details.

If i don’t do this i get that error 2:1 stuff.

2 Likes

This worked for me, thanks! It also got rid of the lag.